Can i transplant from the ground into pots while weed plants are in two weeks flowering?

• Thread starter budrick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budrick

budrick

Hello there. I have an issue. Firstly i live in the caribbean and its officially rainy season. I currently have a few plants that are directly in the soil. We're getting above average tropical waves and due to heavy rainfall, two of my plants are drooping. My question is, can i transplant them from the soil and into a pot while they're in two weeks flowerinh phase? Sativa strains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I mean you could, I suggest getting something like a piece of rebar, and probe the ground in a circle around the plant, get that rebar in the ground and rotate it a bunch to make the hole larger. This will help air get down into the soil. I’m no outdoor grower, but I’m sure this would help.

budrick

budrick

It's hard to say what will happen if you transplant now.. Are they getting salt water?
I don't think I'd move them.
No salt water. Just heavy rainfall. Tropical waves plus it's officially hurricane season. However, earlier this afternoon i mixed some b52 and a little bit of recharge to some water and fed them. Now tonight i checked them and the leaves and pre -flowers arr lifting lol
Rain stopped for tonight but we will definitely get some tomorrow. Kinda concerned

budrick

budrick

I mean you could, I suggest getting something like a piece of rebar, and probe the ground in a circle around the plant, get that rebar in the ground and rotate it a bunch to make the hole larger. This will help air get down into the soil. I’m no outdoor grower, but I’m sure this would help.
Thank you! I'll definitely try it!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I hope that sun comes out for you buddy!
Update! Just checked them out and they're recovering. But I'll definitely take everyone's assistance into consideration. Thank you! I'll update again tomorrow

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I cannot stop watching your first videos. Every time I watch it I ask myself why is this plant so hungry looking.
Look at to color of both sick plants compared to the healthy ones. Both are screaming feed me Nitrogen I'm hungry.
I cannot help asking myself what else is going on here?
These plants just don't strike me as over watered sick because it rained for a week.
Maybe some sort of lockout issue but it's not an over watering problem.
I hear chickens.
Do you have a coop, Why don't you mix up some chicken poo and water. Hit them with that and give them some time.
2 inches of dry poo from the chicken coop in the bottom of a 20L bucket. Fill with water let stand an hour and mix well. Give each sick plant 1 gallon.
You could give all of these plants a good watering with this. Give them a week and see how they respond.

Transplanting at this stage is not a good idea under any conditions and I'm sure it would do more harm than good.
I get that its been pretty wet but my gut tells me something other than over watering is going on here.

budrick

budrick

I cannot stop watching your first videos. Every time I watch it I ask myself why is this plant so hungry looking.
Look at to color of both sick plants compared to the healthy ones. Both are screaming feed me Nitrogen I'm hungry.
These plants just don't strike me as over watered sick because it rained for a week.
I hear chickens.
Do you have a coop, Why don't you mix up some chicken poo and water. Hit them with that and give them some time.
2 inches of dry poo from the chicken coop in the bottom of a 20L bucket. Fill with water let stand an hour and mix well. Give each sick plant 1 gallon.
You could give all of these plants a good watering with this. Give them a week and see how they respond.

Transplanting at this stage is not a good idea under any conditions and I'm sure it would do more harm than good.
I get that its been pretty wet but my gut tells me something other than over watering is going on here.
Yes i do have a coop. I applied some b52 and a bit of recharge fertilizer and mixed it with some water. Thanks for the help. I was thinking its more of a lack of nutes. I go by the rule "less is more", but I'd defo put a little bit of that mixture you recommended. Thank you!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Any time.
B52 is actually quite a light Nitrogen fertilizer. 2-1-4, don't be afraid to give them it a good feed.
What's the recharge fertilizer?

Give them a good watering and see how they look in a week.

budrick

budrick

Any time.
B52 is actually quite a light Nitrogen fertilizer. 2-1-4, don't be afraid to give them it a good feed.
What's the recharge fertilizer?

Give them a good watering and see how they look in a week.

That's the fert. And yes i actually have a cured bag of chicken manure. I'll empty it in a barrel and mix with some water and I'll use from it. Almost forgot that lol. Coming to think of it i noticed the leaves were looking different last week. So i just checked on the plants again and now they're restoring lol.

20230526 155033
PurplePunch

PurplePunch

What catches my eye in the video is that some of the upper leaves (newer) only have 3 fans. which speaks to stress. It can be caused by over/under watering, repotting, nute issue.

The plant stems seem thin. For a plant of that size, I would expect thicker stems. This speaks to a nute issue.

The last is color. It's too yellow which speaks to lack of nitrogen.

I think your probs started long before the rain. You could repot but that's a lot of work and could further damage the roots. I'd hit it with some nutes - chicken poo idea is great. Here, I would use worm castings probably.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey Budrick.
I see that you like the idea of real outdoor in the ground organic.
Check out these videos they will help you grow some great smoke.

Growing organic buy Nate.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Bone meal in cannabis production

You can make the microbe solution with 1 potato in a gallon jug or bucket. Stick it in the sun for a day and it's ready.
This is all super easy to do. A 20L bucket of JLF or there are no weeds fertilizer will more than feed your plants and you already have chickens.

Make and use the wood ash solution as well. This is great stuff.

I have been growing with this for a couple of years and it works.
I will keep an eye pealed for updates on your plants.

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Hello there. I have an issue. Firstly i live in the caribbean and its officially rainy season. I currently have a few plants that are directly in the soil. We're getting above average tropical waves and due to heavy rainfall, two of my plants are drooping. My question is, can i transplant them from the soil and into a pot while they're in two weeks flowerinh phase? Sativa strains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Personally unless it was a life or death for the plant I would not transplant in flower. But hey if you do they are resilient but probably lose some yield. Good luck though

budrick

budrick

I hear chickens.

So this morning i found these leaves at the bottom of the plant. Now most of the fan leaves are yellow. Is this manganese deficiency? Also i made the chicken poop mixture and fed them. Its raining again tho. The plants were looking healthy this morning! I'll upload the current state in a few.

20230602 124522
budrick

budrick

I hear chickens.

This was how they looked this morning.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looking at the leaf picture I'd have to say your dealing with a Magnesium deficiency.
The question is why.

What did you do a week ago that could cause 2 plants to lock out Magnesium?
Did you give them Calcium? Lime? Anything you can think of.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looking at the leaf picture I'd have to say your dealing with a Magnesium deficiency.
The question is why.

What did you do a week ago that could cause 2 plants to lock out Magnesium?
Did you give them Calcium? Lime? Anything you can think of.
I'm hoping you gave your yellowing plants a good watering with chicken poo tea. With a little luck they will perk right up.
There should be everything the plants need to green right up in the tea. You should see them get better pretty quickly.
Looking forward to an update in a few days.

budrick

budrick

I'm hoping you gave your yellowing plants a good watering with chicken poo tea. With a little luck they will perk right up.
There should be everything the plants need to green right up in the tea. You should see them get better pretty quickly.
Looking forward to an update in a few days.
Yes i did! However, rain fell like bat out of hell yesterday and today. Adverse weather is discontinued tho. I got some two year old chicken manure and some bat guano today. But i gave them a good feeding. Tbh about a week and half ago i fed them nutrient express and sugar express. But very light dosages. They started to droop after heavy rainfall which was like a 5 days in a row. I can only remember feeding them nutrient express and sugar express. But very little dosages. Idk. I just used the chicken tea and gave them a good watering and then rain fell again. But now that it's stopped I'm only hoping this thing gets corrected. This is a video I just took. Now the short one started to do the same. The one in the pot is ok along with the first one. So i think it's something I did along the way

Top Bottom