Can I use a heat pad under reservoir

• Thread starter GeneralMarven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeneralMarven

GeneralMarven

I am curious, I was thinking of starting a hydroponic cloning setup but up in Northern California the winters can get a little cold and I’m worried about keep the water warm enough. Could I just use a heat pad that I have and set it up with a temperature control to shut off when it get to the desired temperature?? Any ideas on how that might work? Thank you

Akabudz

Akabudz

Fish tank heaters work well, i don't see a pad being any different if you can control temps in rez.

Roadblock

Roadblock

I am curious, I was thinking of starting a hydroponic cloning setup but up in Northern California the winters can get a little cold and I’m worried about keep the water warm enough. Could I just use a heat pad that I have and set it up with a temperature control to shut off when it get to the desired temperature?? Any ideas on how that might work? Thank you

I have really cold winters and the air is dry, I have a tub with a finger size hole in each side about 100 ml up from the the bottom , I fill with water to just below the holes, then add 2 fish tank heaters and suction them to the bottom, once heaters are in place I place a smaller tray with a layer of wet coco in it that floats on top the heated water , then I place rockwool cubes with clones on top the coco which gets real nice and warm with the under water heat . On top of the biggest tub I place another same size tub upside down so they make an enclosed space with a 20 watt globe in the top and a hole beside the globe that draws hot air out and allows air to be sucked in the bottom holes becoming humid from the water compartment and then into the plant area.

I had loads of problems with the cold and dry air the above cured all that .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Recommend horticultural propagation mat that's made for use in wet conditions and areas

Top Bottom