Can i use sugar leaves with rust fungus on them for edibles?

• Thread starter Wolfguts666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

I have a bunch of good trim but about a quarter of it has rust fungus on it. I washed plants at harvest with water/h2o2 and wondering if decarboxlation temp will do it. Does anyone out there there know if it contains toxins? And, if so, are those toxins stable to heat?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Personally, I would never knowingly put any form of fungus into my output - decarbed or not. It's a bit like walking thru the forest and picking up and eating wild mushrooms. Unless you know what you are doing, you are putting your health at risk.

I suppose I am an outlier here, but for me the entire harvest is suspect and once you get it out, you are going to have a sterilization battle on your hands for every surface and tool in your grow space.

If you have access to a lab, for a few bux you can find out if it passes testing to be put in a dispensary. Chances are it will not, so that should tell you a lot right there.

Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

Thanks for the reply. I do walk through the forest and pick mushrooms. That is why I'm reaching out in a cannabis forum about this , because I know how dangerous they can be. But before anyone starts calling me names like the on the other platform ill leave unnamed ( why I moved here) let me just say if it contains no mycotoxins and its for my own personal use it should be fine I was just seeing if anyone knew.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

But before anyone starts calling me names like the on the other platform ill leave unnamed ( why I moved here)

Apologies if I came across harshly, was not my intention. Opinions are like assholes and I crap too much sometimes.

Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

Double sorry if you thought I did! On the real everybody here including yourself have been nothing but nice and helpful. Im hoping my last purple kush will give me a seed because it was next to the others outdoors and didn't have a spec of rust on it.

Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

And was wanting to get my bud tested actually, but no public lab in my state. Could you or anyone recommend one I could send in to?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not sure where you are. For legal reasons I cannot recommend you ship flower across state lines, but I've heard tell people do it.

This is who I use:

Screen Shot 2020 10 21 at 91114 AM

R

redshift75

are you certain its fungus? if not firstly ensure it is cut some off put it in straight h2o2. if it starts sizzling like a demon just got hit with holy water you have your start.

basically cut off anything without a large density of Trichs put it in a bath of h2o2 swirl it, take your loss, then proceed to process the cleaned stuff. ive seen entire grows dunked for this reason or better to clean them up for sale. I dont do it, but its done and can be done. But im more on the level that @Moe.Red is saying. But things happen i use things that i hope to rinse off and i do my best for my own personal safety to get it tested to ensure i dont poison myself+ the data is always nice.

Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

Thank y'all so much. This place truly is an amazing and kind think-tank!

Latest posts

Top Bottom