Can/Is "Ready to use" Coco Coir to be taken literally?

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I've read so much about this that my head is spinning. I am going to transplant into 3g fabric pots in the next week or 2. Even though this product says "ready to use" should I still rinse it to get dust out to prevent poor drainage at bottom that could aid in root rot? If so, should I add cal/mag(say 5ml per gal) to the coco after rinsed, let drain dry 8-12hr, then transplant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone use this particular brand as well? https://charcoir.com/products/cloud-coir

• 50/50 Coir and Perlite
  • Buffered
  • EC less than 0.6
  • Triple Washed to remove Salts
  • PH Stabilized at 6%-6.5%
  • High Cation Exchange Capacity
  • RHP Certified for Horticulture
  • 50 Liter / 1.75 cuft

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

I've read so much about this that my head is spinning. I am going to transplant into 3g fabric pots in the next week or 2. Even though this product says "ready to use" should I still rinse it to get dust out to prevent poor drainage at bottom that could aid in root rot? If so, should I add cal/mag(say 5ml per gal) to the coco after rinsed, let drain dry 8-12hr, then transplant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone use this particular brand as well? https://charcoir.com/products/cloud-coir

• 50/50 Coir and Perlite
  • Buffered
  • EC less than 0.6
  • 50 Liter / 1.75 cuft
Looks buffered and of good quality. You can test it if you have a meter with a slurry test.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Looks buffered and of good quality. You can test it if you have a meter with a slurry test.
nice and thanks much for the reply. I will be able to test that here after my meter comes today.

Taurus

Taurus

• 50/50 Coir and Perlite
  • Buffered
  • EC less than 0.6
  • 50 Liter / 1.75 cuft
I used this same brand of coco, the ec is a lie on the box, mine came out to be 1.2 ec on a slurry test. No coco is ready to go , it ALL must be washed with a high ec nutrient solution to stop the coco from binding the cal-mag. Even still u might see some deficiencies for a week or so til the coco maxes out and is unable to bind up anymore cal-mag. Then you plants will green right up and do well. I just switched to a peat/coco/bio char mix that is ALIVE and my plants love it from start to finish. Block coco is mostly crap these days so I had to get away from it

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I used canna coil coco brick type and is supposed to be buffered, but I went a head and washed it and buffered it myself, it was my first coco run and this plant was 61 days old from seed, LSD Auto from Barney's farm, but it's illegal to grow in my state right now and I got cold feet so gave it away before it was done, we vote in November for making cannabis legalization so I will wait to see if it passes, I do have a medical marijuana card but if it passes I'm ready to do a nice run in coco.

Screenshot 20220430 073334
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah I washed it best I could despite it being highly recommended and supposedly "triple washed". Pretty sure it is me though and not what I bought. In 50/50 coco/perl what I learned most my 1st grow was what I learned 1st about it way before I decided to go with it. Don't fk around with what they say about ever letting it go even close to dry. Hand watering is just too difficult imo to be fertigating as much as needed. Now I am 5+ weeks into flower and it is too late to reverse the harm done to my 2 chem cookies. 2 the 2 white widows seems way more tolerant and they all were fed almost identically since sprout. Some sort of wicked nute lockout that flushing doesn't help with. Possible I didn't give them the same concentration of washed coco but this seems quite cultivar specific. Can't even take a mini nug close up without the rust spots being obvious. So pissed but is 1st grow and too late to foliar feed, never have though. Pic of widow and chem cookie(rust spots but isn't rust)

20220430 173452
20220430 173445
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

During flowering the plant uses less calcium and more magnesium. That's why I like master blend, I can mix it up the way I want, depending on the stage of life the plant is in.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

During flowering the plant uses less calcium and more magnesium. That's why I like master blend, I can mix it up the way I want, depending on the stage of life the plant is in.
I switched to MB week ago during 4th-5th week of flower just to get away from AN nutes. Should I not be using the 12/6/12 anymore? What would you recommend? Something like 12/4/16 for instance?

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Yes during flowering you need less calcium nitrate, here's a recipe a guy uses I was going to try, but I myself during flowering I switched around the calcium nitrate and epsom salts for 5 gallons of water 12 grams of master blend and 8 grams of Epsom salts and 2 grams of calcium nitrate . Also here's a picture of a guy's recipe that works well for him.

Screenshot 20220501 093226
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yes during flowering you need less calcium nitrate, here's a recipe a guy uses I was going to try, but I myself during flowering I switched around the calcium nitrate and epsom salts for 5 gallons of water 12 grams of master blend and 8 grams of Epsom salts and 2 grams of calcium nitrate . Also here's a picture of a guy's recipe that works well for him.
That's awesome and thanks much. Is there a good chance that me using 12/6/12 concentrations in week 6 of flower that it could be further fkin up my grow? My 2 widows don't have orange spots like this(yet at least) but the 2 chem cookies get worse daily and the leaves are brittle to the touch. At this rate I think the buds will end up dyin as well ☹

Screenshot 20220501 065851 Gallery
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

You should be feeding pH 6.0 to 6.3 right now. And now is the time to add 3 grams of flower fuel if you have it, if not no big deal.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Yes 12 grams of calcium nitrate right now is not good for your buds, chances are cause them to be not as solid. Cut it down to the 2 grams and add Epsom salts to make up the difference and flower fuel if you got it.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Once the plant starts flowering good in weeks 5 and on I don't care what the leaves look like, I want the buds to grow.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yes 12 grams of calcium nitrate right now is not good for your buds, chances are cause them to be not as solid. Cut it down to the 2 grams and add Epsom salts to make up the difference and flower fuel if you got it.
I don't have flower fuel only AN Big Bud and Overdrive(using neither now) and MasterBlend I'm usimg now for last week+ since switched from AN ph UnPerfect. Would you use any big bud or overdrive and or just alter MB ratios?

Top Bottom