Can some please diagnose these two 🙏🙏

• Thread starter WorriedPlantParent201
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WorriedPlantParent201

Hope they're saveable thanks in advance for any help. I'm providing a ton of info in my original post so please read, kinda need a solution asap time is getting short they're gonna need either water or flush or a feeding soon.

I been told on other forum websites that it is calcium deficiency, nutrient burn, nitrogen toxicity, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity. These people refused to elaborate so yea, I'm still kinda lost. And dont know what i should try first. Maybe someone on here can be more helpful.

Yellowing discoloration maybe rusting on two of my biggest girls . The oldest one with the biggest new tops is in MG potting soil. Started feeding her at full strength 2 weeks dose of FF trio when I first noticed the bottom leaves tips yellowing and cytoclydons lost their colour. She was 18 days old

The younger one with the smaller new tops is kinda having similar symptons it looks like. I fed her with 2 weeks strength yesterday or the day before. she was 12 or 13 days old. Her discoloration started sooner. From the bottom as well. And she was started in miracle grow but has been transplanted into Promix HP.

also have two more girls in same tent. Smaller. But prettier, leaves are green. They've both been fed too just once as well. Smaller one at quarter strength when her first leaves were yellowing. seems to have fixed her tho they might have even gained back some of their green. and the bigger one at full strength.

The light that is closer in the pics is cause its 600w, the one that's further is 1000W.

haven't been PH ing just because the tapwater in my town has always worked ok before and so I don't even have a ph meter or anything because I've never saw a need. Also I probably can't get one right now my budget has run out so I hope it isn't ph issues lol.

RH usually stays between 40 and 60 right now. Tries to keep it between 50 and 60 though. kept it 65 to 70 when they were younger. it only goes down to 40 overnight sometimes when my hanging towels dry out. Also I sometimes let it go down just to help the frigging MG dry out.

And temps were 23 to 30 usually 28ish. Lately I brought it down I have a fan in there and Its usually 25 to 28ish. Celsius sorry idk Fahrenheit.

If there's any little pests they're very sneaky and still because I been looking very closely

Also the plan was to feed then water then feed then water .

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll attach some pics. If I left anything out please ask

I'm a bit of a worried parent here today as I see the discoloration slowly spreading, and I haven't really gotten the same answer from more than one grower yet haha.

EDIT just checked bottom of pot they may be ready for transplant, lots of roots growing through. But been kinda wanting to fix this problem first I guess before risking shock too. Just my mindset it could be wrong .

IMG_165366629032F.jpg

IMG_165366627178F.jpg

IMG_165366632632F.jpg

Can some please diagnose these two 4
Last edited:
W

WorriedPlantParent201

they are not ready for a transplant yet..
your not letting the medium dry out enough between waterings..
air holes in those pots? airflow allowed to flow underneath pots?
boost up the airflow in the tent..
raise the lights 7-10 inches till plants are growing healthy..
Thanks but no I do let the soil dry completely before I water. And I have a fairly strong fan put in top corner of tent and I let air in from the window twice a day for a little while. Also other people say when roots are coming our of the drain holes that means they are ready for transplant. Dying for a bit of commonality.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok we’re they started in those pots?
i can see now from one picture that the pots look half full?
roots showing out the bottom in your case is because the pots are on plates so the roots can’t air prune. but if they were started in those pots than transplant them..
though they are stressed/sick and now you’ll create more stress possibly depending on how transplant, if your good there shouldn’t be any shock and if your bad that could shock them for a week or so..
if you transplant than try to see the colour of the roots, white brown or both etc..

Lpena93

Lpena93

Hope they're saveable thanks in advance for any help. I'm providing a ton of info in my original post so please read, kinda need a solution asap time is getting short they're gonna need either water or flush or a feeding soon.

I been told on other forum websites that it is calcium deficiency, nutrient burn, nitrogen toxicity, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity. These people refused to elaborate so yea, I'm still kinda lost. And dont know what i should try first. Maybe someone on here can be more helpful.

Yellowing discoloration maybe rusting on two of my biggest girls . The oldest one with the biggest new tops is in MG potting soil. Started feeding her at full strength 2 weeks dose of FF trio when I first noticed the bottom leaves tips yellowing and cytoclydons lost their colour. She was 18 days old

The younger one with the smaller new tops is kinda having similar symptons it looks like. I fed her with 2 weeks strength yesterday or the day before. she was 12 or 13 days old. Her discoloration started sooner. From the bottom as well. And she was started in miracle grow but has been transplanted into Promix HP.

also have two more girls in same tent. Smaller. But prettier, leaves are green. They've both been fed too just once as well. Smaller one at quarter strength when her first leaves were yellowing. seems to have fixed her tho they might have even gained back some of their green. and the bigger one at full strength.

The light that is closer in the pics is cause its 600w, the one that's further is 1000W.

haven't been PH ing just because the tapwater in my town has always worked ok before and so I don't even have a ph meter or anything because I've never saw a need. Also I probably can't get one right now my budget has run out so I hope it isn't ph issues lol.

RH usually stays between 40 and 60 right now. Tries to keep it between 50 and 60 though. kept it 65 to 70 when they were younger. it only goes down to 40 overnight sometimes when my hanging towels dry out. Also I sometimes let it go down just to help the frigging MG dry out.

And temps were 23 to 30 usually 28ish. Lately I brought it down I have a fan in there and Its usually 25 to 28ish. Celsius sorry idk Fahrenheit.

If there's any little pests they're very sneaky and still because I been looking very closely

Also the plan was to feed then water then feed then water .

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll attach some pics. If I left anything out please ask

I'm a bit of a worried parent here today as I see the discoloration slowly spreading, and I haven't really gotten the same answer from more than one grower yet haha.

EDIT just checked bottom of pot they may be ready for transplant, lots of roots growing through. But been kinda wanting to fix this problem first I guess before risking shock too. Just my mindset it could be wrong .

View attachment 1248903
View attachment 1248904
View attachment 1248905
Turn off lights then take a picture

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I'm betting the leaves are drooping and touching the dirt.

Last edited:
W

WorriedPlantParent201

ok we’re they started in those pots?
i can see now from one picture that the pots look half full?
roots showing out the bottom in your case is because the pots are on plates so the roots can’t air prune. but if they were started in those pots than transplant them..
though they are stressed/sick and now you’ll create more stress possibly depending on how transplant, if your good there shouldn’t be any shock and if your bad that could shock them for a week or so..
if you transplant than try to see the colour of the roots, white brown or both etc..
Thanks again man! Yes the soil did end up going down a bit in the pots, not intentional. I aimed for a bit of space, for watering you know, but not that much haha.
Not started in these. Started with straight Miracle Gro and in quite smaller ones. Got scared of MG and so I transplanted into the next size, that they're in now, the biggest one is still in straight MG tho until her next pot because yea I had her already transplanted before I found the nightmare stories about miracle gro. The smaller one was put into promix HP. But I didn't Prune the soil from the root ball or anything, I was too scared to try that cause yea the MG didn't root them very good at all. I hope I'm not talking too much and I'll see if I have pics of them earlier on in the pots that I started in. Pics might be better than me just describing I guess haha, they don't say anything on them. the One in the bigger pot is my biggest one now still in that same pot. But oddly that's not the one with mega roots going through the drainhole haha. I guess promix is a lot better for healthy root growth than MG? anyway I'm rambling I'll stop.
20220518 100417
20220518 100509

W

WorriedPlantParent201

Curious? What is your watering/ feeding schedule like...how many days between?
Thanks man and I don't go by days I go by whenever the soil dries. It's been working out to every 2 or 3 days though in the promix. The one pot with only miracle gro tho has been taking bit longer than that to dry

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

As suspected, you are overwatering and overfeeding these young plants. If the roots are always wet the roots will not be able to get the needed oxygen, and as a result they will not uptake the nutrients in the soil that the plants need, which in turn shows slowed growth and confusing deficiencies. And since you said you did not ph your watering's and feeds, yet bought equipment to grow, makes me wonder why? ph is important to know if you are growing in any medium, and you measure after you add your nutrients and supplements...in soil anywhere between a ph of 6 - 7 is required for the roots to properly uptake the nutrients properly. Also, from what I see in your photos, you could move these plants down closer to the floor and move them over under one light and your plants will respond more favorably until such time that they are bigger and need more light.

And just so you know, I also grow in ProMix soil and I know that when my plants were in 1 gallon pots, I was watering these girls once every 6 days at the beginning and by the time they were ready to transplant I was down to every 4 days...so letting them get a little dry is not a bad thing. One last thing for now, never use miracle grow for cannabis. Also, where they are still small, you only need to feed on a water, water, water, feed ratio, but add Cal/mag and a fish supplement to every water and feeding....and get your self a ph meter!

20220430 173701
Soil ph chart marijuana sm
W

WorriedPlantParent201

with promix hp no need to ph as long as you use an organic nutrients..
i grow using promix hp and never have ph, ec ppm anything ever.. no clue what it’s at.. never have nutrient issues.. just saying..
some mediums have ph buffers..
Thx dude, yea I feel like a lot of people don't know what I'm talking about when I say 'Promix HP' and are only hearing 'promix'. Haha. Telling me to add perlite when it's loaded or yea to ph, when the stuff is adjusted with dolomitic limestone

W

WorriedPlantParent201

if you use synthetic nutrients than you have too ph adjust.. that’s all
Ok thx, so absolutely necessary for say FF? I've never had to before. But first time using promix HP as well. So with all the info provided what do you think I should do? if you don't mind still talking.

Ive gotten a few ideas but what would be safest or best to do first to see what's actually going on? I'm asking anybody willing to answer

1. Pick up some calmag and try out some of that.
2. Flush them in case there's an excess of something blocking other stuff out.
3. Start PHing if possible - that might need to wait till next grow if possible though cause that's probably a bill, PH meter and ph up and down and whatever else id need for it.

Or what for the safest 1st plan of action? hah. Might raise lights a lil bit too for a bit idk

Thanks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok thx, so absolutely necessary for say FF? I've never had to before. But first time using promix HP as well. So with all the info provided what do you think I should do? if you don't mind still talking.

Ive gotten a few ideas but what would be safest or best to do first to see what's actually going on? I'm asking anybody willing to answer

3. Start PHing if possible - that might need to wait till next grow if possible though cause that's probably a bill, PH meter and ph up and down and whatever else id need for it.

Or what for the safest 1st plan of action? hah. Might raise lights a lil bit too for a bit idk

Thanks
Plants are pretty young to do a lot except as mentioned make sure ur watering habits are on point

To get the best help gonna need natural light pics

W

WorriedPlantParent201

Thanks
Can anybody answer this? I feel like at least something needs to be tried or it'll keep spreading and they'll die. :(. There's clearly something wrong with them that needs fixing. And it's not my watering habits. Thanks in advance even though I'm beginning to lose hope for this site as well I'ma probably soon just give up even asking for help at all and just deal with the loss of my plants. less time wasted at least maybe. Not a very helpful community the weed growers community I got to say idk what the deal is. Maybe I'm whining a little but yea idc. This is the third forum I've joined it's been days I don't know why it's so difficult I provide all this info waste all this time and I'm no more ahead than I was . times ticking and I guess I'll just have to wing whatever I think I should do . thanks for the comments tho and sorry for bothering everybody. On to the next community

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom