Can Someone Explain This Deficiency? Pictures Included

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

ive noticed between my golden lemons, kosher kush and octane og the octane og has spots on the canopy where the leaves are turning like this.. theres like 3 spots and their under the lighting reflector, but it dont look like light burn. explain someone.... I know that ogs are picky but damn.. also idk if this matters but my ph pen was off, so it was like 5.4 or 5.5 for like 2 weeks before i calibrated it.

Can someone explain this deficiency pictures included
dan1989

dan1989

ive noticed between my golden lemons, kosher kush and octane og the octane og has spots on the canopy where the leaves are turning like this.. theres like 3 spots and their under the lighting reflector, but it dont look like light burn. explain someone.... I know that ogs are picky but damn.. also idk if this matters but my ph pen was off, so it was like 5.4 or 5.5 for like 2 weeks before i calibrated it.

How old is the plant are they from the lower portion of the plant or the upper?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Not having the right ph in the last 2 weeks is a problem but it can be fixed what medium are you growing in soil or coco ? Soil mix ph 6.3 to 6.5 and in coco 5.8 to 6 is what your looking for .

vangs

vangs

Not having the right ph in the last 2 weeks is a problem but it can be fixed what medium are you growing in soil or coco ? Soil mix ph 6.3 to 6.5 and in coco 5.8 to 6 is what your looking for .
its been 6.0 lst week or 2.. could this just be the leaves starting to yellow? it looks like po burn no?

vangs

vangs

my nano 1k are like 3ft from the canopy maybe less than 3 ft. could that be it?

vangs

vangs

When your plant is living in such an acidic soil, it cannot take certain nutrients up such as Calcium, Phosphorus, and Molybedenum.
i no the coco needs to be 5.8 to 6 and it is now... but i dont understand why this yellowing occured after i fixed my ph why didnt it come before when the ph was off?

mandalaman

mandalaman

i no the coco needs to be 5.8 to 6 and it is now... but i dont understand why this yellowing occured after i fixed my ph why didnt it come before when the ph was off?
I would love to hear an answer to this. My guess was maybe the nutes locked out at low pH are mobile. So after it used up what it had it started pulling from the older fans leaves to feed newer growth. Like eating itself because it couldn't uptake nutes through its roots. But that's just a guess.

Kind of remind me of clones fan leaf before it gets roots

Homesteader

Homesteader

He said the new growth was yellow and the fans underneath are all looking good? Nothing pulled from the leaves?
I don't know straight coco and nutes so Ill pass on this one. If it was soil, and the pH was that low, I would look at calcium but I don't know how hydro works.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
He said the new growth was yellow and the fans underneath are all looking good? Nothing pulled from the leaves?
I don't know straight coco and nutes so Ill pass on this one. If it was soil, and the pH was that low, I would look at calcium but I don't know how hydro works.
Ph is most important I'm going nutes lock out this is what I think the lower shade leaves look like as they get used up as you can see on my crop the leaves have evenly gone yellow not like the pic that I saw of the ones you put up . Again PH is paramount.

dan1989

dan1989

Water the plants until about 20% runoff comes out into your tray and check the PH of that runoff. That will give you a good idea of whether the PH is correct at the root zone. If its not, water heavily with PH adjusted water, so you're basically doing a flush at the root zone of any nasties that may be upsetting your nutrient uptake. Hope this helps!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What are the temps at your canopy.? The nute lockout could have already been in motion when you raised your ph. How long was your ph at the low 5's. I would also suggest you raise your lights about a foot to see if that helps. Looks like nute lockout with a touch of heat stress to me. Reason I say that is you said it is happening at the upper growth and not down unda. If your in pure coco you want to let your ph drift between 5.8 to 6.2 Again tho if you now have your ph squared away from your inputs also do a slurry ph test of your coco. Let your ph ride for a few days to a week to see if this helps. If not, then I would again say to raise your lights a foot and see if this helps.

hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
yes sir your on the right track in hydro at those ph ranges he is locking out calcium and Mg. Ph of at least 6.0 is a must to grab the Calcium from the rootzone/media.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have always grown in coco with a PH of 5.6 with no problems so that's not quite true.
No worries man, if that range works for you and the strains you run go with what works. But I will stand that a Ph under 6.0 and your depriving your girls of calcium. This is true cant change nature and chemistry

then again your the one with the condition needing diagnose if you have always run this range what happened this run????

R

rascali

"If it walks like a duck" and those leaves and conditions do indicate Ca as a likelihood. I could never satisfy my OG's need for calcium, it was always a problem in multi-strain runs as they acidified on the same nute schedule that all the other plants needed...

mandalaman

mandalaman

Fair enough! I apparently didn't absorb what he wrote, at all :) to be fair, i had given warning of my speculation.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Ph is most important I'm going nutes lock out this is what I think the lower shade leaves look like as they get used up as you can see on my crop the leaves have evenly gone yellow not like the pic that I saw of the ones you put up . Again PH is paramount.
Cool, thank you for the picture! That is helpful :)

Top Bottom