Can someone help me with this issue

• Thread starter Odisdavis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odisdavis

Odisdavis

Saw some leaves on my LA Kush Cake after a flush before I switch to 12/12. Anyone know what’s going on here.

Can someone help me with this issue
Can someone help me with this issue 2
Can someone help me with this issue 3
Ponky

Ponky

Probable cause: leaf septoria
Treat with copper based fungicide. Trim damage. Ensure adequate conditions. I.E. humidity, ph, nutrient availability. If only Sulphur based fungicide is available use it. Don't use both. Treat aggressively.

Ponky

Ponky

I say probable because I assume you already grow and have a system that works. And if it is leaf septoria you have to treat it early. Ph and nutrient issues can cause your issues. Treating fungus you don't have won't hurt. Not treating leaf septoria early is a problem. If you get more and more spots. And they turn black. Then almost certain.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Saw some leaves on my LA Kush Cake after a flush before I switch to 12/12. Anyone know what’s going on here.
I don't understand completely. You flushed before you flipped? What's that about? The light off color leaves say under fed to me. It looks like its missing some nutrient, Do you feed - water - feed - water ect.and let it dry between cycles? Flushing at the end of flower is common. Flushing before flower isn't. Just asking

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't understand completely. You flushed before you flipped? What's that about? The light off color leaves say under fed to me. It looks like its missing some nutrient, Do you feed - water - feed - water ect.and let it dry between cycles? Flushing at the end of flower is common. Flushing before flower isn't. Just asking
That's what stood out to me.

I understand flushing at the end of a grow, though I know there is controversy about whether it's of any value, but flushing during a grow always seems to cause problems or compound problems.

Odisdavis

Odisdavis

That's what stood out to me.

I understand flushing at the end of a grow, though I know there is controversy about whether it's of any value, but flushing during a grow always seems to cause problems or compound problems.
Just wanted to make sure their was no build up. I only skipped one veg feed before I flipped. I feed water feed water and skipping just one feed did that damage. Still new to growing properly so I appreciate the response. Cheers!

Odisdavis

Odisdavis

Just skipped one feed before I switched to 12/12 to make sure their was no build up and that is all it took to cause those issues. PH nutrients and humidity are in check and things are looking better. Thanks for the reply. Learning every day

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just skipped one feed before I switched to 12/12 to make sure their was no build up and that is all it took to cause those issues. PH nutrients and humidity are in check and things are looking better. Thanks for the reply. Learning every day
How do you check your ph? I like my ph in the mid 6's My well water is at 7.2 the runoff through my soil alone without additives is 6.5 I add light nute's in veg it drops to 6 so to prevent that I'll add 1 ml ph up to my feed before I give it them giving me a runoff back in the mid 6's. To test runoff I suck out 99% of it then test the runoff that is still oozing out, this gives a better reflection of what conditions your roots are living in. Same goes after a feed, suck off the initial runoff then test the last water oozing out. I don't add up or down to my water only cycles.

Odisdavis

Odisdavis

How do you check your ph? I like my ph in the mid 6's My well water is at 7.2 the runoff through my soil alone without additives is 6.5 I add light nute's in veg it drops to 6 so to prevent that I'll add 1 ml ph up to my feed before I give it them giving me a runoff back in the mid 6's. To test runoff I suck out 99% of it then test the runoff that is still oozing out, this gives a better reflection of what conditions your roots are living in. Same goes after a feed, suck off the initial runoff then test the last water oozing out. I don't add up or down to my water only cycles.
I like to keep my PH right around 6 as well. From my understanding 5.5 - 6.5 is acceptable. I hand water at the moment so use gallon jugs and have a PH meter to check. I test the run off but I don't suck out 99% and test what is still oozing. I will try and see what I get. Cheers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I like to keep my PH right around 6 as well. From my understanding 5.5 - 6.5 is acceptable. I hand water at the moment so use gallon jugs and have a PH meter to check. I test the run off but I don't suck out 99% and test what is still oozing. I will try and see what I get. Cheers
If you don't then you have a chance that some of what you are testing came straight through the soil without stopping giving you a false reading. By taking the last liquid coming out you can be sure it is liquid that has seeped down through the soil and not your straight fertilizer liquid mixed in with it.

2Bad

2Bad

What's your medium? and the purple stems being all over indicate a ongoing issue don't think it was just one feed

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

In coco don’t be scurred to feed feed feed.

Lower than normal ppms with about 10%-15% runoff every time. Never ever let your pots (hopefully fabric with coir) sit in the runoff. Never ever let your coir get completely dry.

Also, coir loves to be recharged with calcium.

2Bad

2Bad

In coco don’t be scurred to feed feed feed.

Lower than normal ppms with about 10%-15% runoff every time. Never ever let your pots (hopefully fabric with coir) sit in the runoff. Never ever let your coir get completely dry.

Also, coir loves to be recharged with calcium.
Yea I learned from @Aqua Man you don't have to feed water feed water. I mean of course whatever works best for your setup. But I feed every propagation. I think from the purple stems all over you needed to feed feed feed.

Top Bottom