Can someone pls help with quick runoff question??

• Thread starter Nameless_fcuk89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

I’m watering with 5.5 ph and the runoff is consistently coming out at 6.6. This can’t be normal right?

Moshmen

Moshmen

More info - soil? What brand? Plant pic ? Something ? Nutes ? If ya want answers here ya gotta give more information ? What water source? Tap , RO, what ?

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Hey bud.
It’s the algae in your blocks that raises the ph through its photosynthesis. You won’t stop this until you get rid of the algae.
Try a heavier dose of Enzymes or you may have to go as far as an algae control product. Then get the Floraflex covers.
Haven’t seen pics for a while. Are they better or worse or stable now?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Tap water wont change the ph. Eventually the ph down will permanently acidify the medium.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Yooo... thanks for the the knowledge thingstogrow, lol and I already ordered the same flex covers you have, also picked up a 4x8 table from my local hydro store. That’s most definitely what’s going on though, since they were stalled out for so long the rock wool got caked in algae, causing it to build up.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Plants are making a major comeback though, I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I’m stoked after several post, I’ve found my issue. This isn’t the first time I’ve had plants fail because of this bs, it’s because a homie that has quite a bit of knowledge always told me that the algae is harmless that grows on the tops.... I’n my experiences that’s definitely not the case.

Madmax

Madmax

Tap water wont change the ph. Eventually the ph down will permanently acidify the medium.
Uno im getting the exact opposite MIM right now..ive been using ph up bout 18 drops with tap water .phing to 6.0 and am at the end of grow but had been falling for a fortnight but the plant looks fine and frosty as even has bigger buds than the others getting the same ...i cant work it out .ph out is 4.5 ..lol..i can run 6 litres through at 6.0 and it wont budge so i said to myself well if you wanna do that ..fine..be like that lol..haha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Uno im getting the exact opposite MIM right now..ive been using ph up bout 18 drops with tap water .phing to 6.0 and am at the end of grow but had been falling for a fortnight but the plant looks fine and frosty as even has bigger buds than the others getting the same ...i cant work it out .ph out is 4.5 ..lol..i can run 6 litres through at 6.0 and it wont budge so i said to myself well if you wanna do that ..fine..be like that lol..haha

better watch out. Nute buildup can acidify the pots too.

Madmax

Madmax

Im giving them 500ppm..in 3 days i was going to give just water....you are right though..it is raising like they are tell8ng we dont need much now max..

Madmax

Madmax

I do have another on way down too lol.well going down 5.4.and both those i couldnt get ppm down under 200..tonite i will give those one more feed then start water..there has only been 1 that has been same ppm in out and same strain as other 2..same feed etc..

I'll remember that.nute buildup= low ph..👍

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Little bit of a cal mag overdose since I started using RO water for the first time but there looking pretty damn good compared to the other day.

0DC8C40B 3E34 4F9B 9E31 5FD8BFD373FC
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Looking better.
Good idea for covers. It works.
It should keep the algae at bay. Keep giving enzymes with your water to clean up the dead algae.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Yeah I just have them a double dose today like you said and those are just temporary ones nail the flex cover come in.... thanks for guidance man... helped a lot!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom