Can someone tell me the TRUE reason for hard purple stems?

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Never... I mean physics are the same, basically everywhere... it just is the sun is both so strong and distance that just a few meters up and down don'T mean a thing... but for an electric light, it does
I hear what you're saying but I think it's something we can't measure yet. They just figured out far red. I think in the future the spectrum chart will expand alot.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Indeed, there's nothing better than healthy plants. Perhaps if I ever become good at growing, I'll be able to run my lights at a higher power level. For now, though, turning the power down accommodates my poor growing ability.
Me too I don't get to 100% I'm at 60% 3 weeks into flower now 16" away I can't give them any more without frying my leaves, The last grow I cooked them this time I'm going easy....leaves look healthier now at 3 weeks than last time....I'll adjust upwards but I can only raise the light 2-3 " without taking off the hangers.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Me too I don't get to 100% I'm at 60% 3 weeks into flower now 16" away I can't give them any more without frying my leaves, The last grow I cooked them this time I'm going easy....leaves look healthier now at 3 weeks than last time....I'll adjust upwards but I can only raise the light 2-3 " without taking off the hangers.
It seems you have to be running CO2 to get the most out of LEDs. I'm at 6 weeks, 3 days in flower, and my lights are at 73%, which is the highest I've gotten them this grow. I doubt I'll get past 80%.

I've been adding a lot of nutrients this grow. I'm not getting the burn that I was getting in previous grows. Last grow I barely got past 60% at the end of the grow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It seems you have to be running CO2 to get the most out of LEDs. I'm at 6 weeks, 3 days in flower, and my lights are at 73%, which is the highest I've gotten them this grow. I doubt I'll get past 80%.

I've been adding a lot of nutrients this grow. I'm not getting the burn that I was getting in previous grows. Last grow I barely got past 60% at the end of the grow.
I can start upping it now at 3 weeks as I feed more, I've done much better with both my GG and gelato this time...more food less light and they are still green, I had a lot of yellow and I ended up pulling them and scrapping them just after 4 weeks my last run with them.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
They just figured out far red.
We have academics like Bugbee that fight hard to do away with some of the prevalent myths that's right. Well, they're gonna make LEDs even more efficient, maybe 30-40% higher output, and then the darkreds will have the highest photon flux of what plants crave ;)

D

dean1963

this thread got me thinking about led manufacturers height specs.
when they say 12" or 18 or 24 or whatever they are talking at 100% power, so why have a dimmer?
does a led light not put out full light spectrum at say 50% or does it require 100% power to get every spectrum from the light?
newb here and that just popped into my beer soaked brain

Homesteader

Homesteader

The color spectrum doesn't change all that much when dimmed if that was what you are asking, they are able to stay fairly consistent. A 3500k at full would be about 3200k when dimmed. Good question Dean!

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm using led quad boards Samsung chips

Some say led can do it

When mine do it
I up my feed and sort my temps out stop then doing below 80 and then so fix it for me bot sure what one tho couod be both rh lol

A

Alwispy

when they say 12" or 18 or 24 or whatever they are talking at 100% power, so why have a dimmer?
does a led light not put out full light spectrum at say 50% or does it require 100% power to get every spectrum from the light?
I was hoping the idea was to hoist your light up there and leave it , adjusting the “distance “ by just changing the intensity to match distance equivalent at 100%
🤓

Ph 007

Ph 007

I think it's about plant size and how much light it can't handle

Smal plants less
Then flower more and more
Its about ppfd of something like that is called
And late veg and early flower the plants can handle about 400-500 ppfd
And mid flower on ward 600-1000ppfd max that's with no c02 added to the room.

So you can either dimm the light to lower the ppdf or raise the light,
So if manufacture days the light is about 500ppd at 70cm away that be good for first 3 weeks flowe then
Then if the days they lights are 700-900 at 50cm away then you want about 50cm away for mid flower more ppdf more yield,
To much light burn I think, Also it's not all that it's also other stuff I think flux flax I duno lol, Also led does five some heat off to moving it to close for more ppfd can burn the plants from the heat off them, I think, if experienced rh is toddy i think I had dimmed led to 150w moved close 45-50cm away, u may be wrong tho in that last bit..

Ph 007

Ph 007

If I was him I'd cover that thermometer in the middle of the room with a shade from the light or it's gonna fuck the readings fake hight

Run 75-77f light a on
His room probably is to cold

If still look bad then try not pointing fan directly at thermometer see what that does,

Ain't that fan hitting the plants a bit hard ?

Ph 007

Ph 007

I’m running 4 315w cmh lights. Strain is Stardawg a couple different phenos. I was using calmag + while In the height of the deficiency @4-5 ml. Now for maintenance I’ve been alternating between regular calmag and the plus @1.5-2 ml per gallon. My temps were at 76 but they weren’t happy with that. Now I run about 81-82 and they love it. But still I have some leaves here and there that look like mag def. my max feed has been 1.2ec but feed everyday at about 1.0 at least once sometimes twice a day. Runoff is in line. Should I bump the calmag dose?
You need to shade that thermometer at centure if the room so direct light don't hit it or it will read fake high temps and fake low humidity
Then run 75-77

80-82 Is led, and yes can be canopy temp/radiant head off the light , like your doing now , but still be not very for especially humidity readings

When you shade it you will see the humidity go up and temps go down

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I was hoping the idea was to hoist your light up there and leave it , adjusting the “distance “ by just changing the intensity to match distance equivalent at 100%
🤓
I can imagine an xy graph with power on one axis and distance on the other. I wonder what the plot would look like. Would it be linear?

Top Bottom