Can someone tell me why fencing is so expensive?

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seriously. I'm going to fence off another section of our property, longest line is about 150' and we need a total of 208' of fencing plus at least one large gate for equipment access. I want to go with cyclone fencing, it's easiest to secure, just as easy, or difficult, to put up as pig-wire, will lost many years longer and the Fat Cat can't get in through it like he can with pig-wire (Fat Cat is a problem because he shits in our beds). I will picture Fat Cat, aka Stinky or, as I like to call him, Kitteh or Stink-mon, shortly.

Anyway! The fabric is bad enough at $80/50' roll, but then the POSTS, Jesus Jumpin' Jehosifat Christ! They really get you there. On top of all of this there's no point in going with good fencing if I don't also get this area under camera surveillance, so that's another C-note per eye right there.

We're calculating that it's going to cost damn near $1,100 dollars just to fence this small portion of our property, and I sure would like to know why it costs so much. Might make it sting just a little bit less. It's gonna take me a while to get pix of the area in question up, in the meantime, I will give you Fat Cat.

Fat Cat. Someone tied him up in a towel and dumped him in a pit toilet in the high country many, many years ago, and my husband happened upon him. When rescued by animal control they felt he was a day or two at most from death. He is simultaneously the dirtiest cat I have ever known, and one of the sweetest. I just refuse to let him get his ass-end anywhere near me, is all.

Can someone tell me why fencing is so expensive
Missy n stinky madrone
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
still saving about 3k doing it yourself

I agree though the poles is where they get ya - and you gotta run a top pole with chainlink too

ever consider the idea of a hot wire on the fence ?

your too nice - a cat that shit in my bed would be a cat that sleeps outside

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO!!! He does sleep outside! I meant that he shits in our planting beds. :giggle
Sorry for the miscommunication... although he did shit on Dave's clothes a few months ago when I forgot he was inside with me one morning.

Hot wire may be a good idea for more than one reason. If I can, perhaps I will. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom