can spider mites be deleted from a grow room/ bedroom and reset?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

how to deal with spider mites

• take down entire grow op and clean then wait 1 month and build a new grow op

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • just use more foggers , systemic pesticides and clean everything with bleech

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • just kill the plants and turn the grow room off for a couple months and bug bomb the place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • make clones and flower them out and see if the spider mites surrvived the systemic poison

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ever after

Ever after

CAN SPIDER MITES BE DESTROYED FROM AN AREA FOR EVER IF I TAKE APART MY GROW ROOM AND MAKE IT A BED ROOM AGAIN AND CLEAN IT AND THEN MAKE A NEW GROW ROOM IN THE BEDROOM SPACE??? I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF ALL THE EGGS AND MITES BEFORE I FLOWER AGAIN BECAUSE IVE NEVER FLOWERED PLANTS WITH SPIDER MITES
i have a bedroom with cement floors and it has fake wood so i can hose it down with bleach

I had set up a 14x6 foot flower room and i never had spider mites in the flower room and while i was using my flower room i made a 7x7 veg room and i planted alot of seeds and i ran out of coco and used some 707 mix soil and the soil plants got mites and tossed all the soil plants that had signs of spider mite webs in the trash and kept the coco ebb n flow plants and i added a nasty systemic pesticide to kill the spider mites that might have jumped to the coco table and i used a bug bomb every day and used man made pesticide foggers and i used those stupid Pyrethrin Bombs many times and i found that Pyrethrin is a chemical that comes from a plant so its semi organic and i thought why not try something stronger because it sounds like nobody has use with pyrethrin with mites and it seems to only make them stronger from the rumors ive heard over the years so i found a long-lasting, photostable active ingredient, fenoxycarb - foggers called prelude i used many fenoxycarb bug bomb foggers ... after the first one i couldnt find any spider mite webs or spider mite evidence of them being alive and this was after 2 weeks of constant bug bombs and after using systemic pesticides most likely illegal in most places..... the plants started looking good and totally pest free!!! I found people telling me spider mites are just hiding for the right moment to again breed on my plants. if anyone wants to know what systemic pesticide i used to kill the spider mites or at least to make it so no new spider mite webs have appeared for at least a month so that makes me happy the stuff is like azamax on turbo only its like 20 bucks for 2000 gallons of systemic pesticide

J

John Ditchweed

Why not just use avid or flora mite... either one works well to keep them under control. I dont believe that even shutting down for months will kill the problem. Yes they may not be in the grow room but they will still be outside your house/grow space. So anytime they will come back. You must treat your yard every other month or as well if you want the problem to stop forever. I do not have bugs in my yard period. I no longer have bugs coming into my house when it rains etc... its actually kinda nice.

Ever after

Ever after

if i use a bug bomb for 2 weeks once a day will i really kill most of the mites or will i make a super mite ive heard its best to use many different kind of bug killer everytime or you get evolved spider mites

can i kill spider mites if i fumeigate my garage where my grow room is like the whole tent over the garage so the bugs die? i mean i want to kill the mites and if i have to get rid of the plants i will i feel getting rid of the plants wont help.

WOULD THE BEST OPTION AND FIRST,,,,, TO BUY ALL NEW PANDA PLASTIC AND REDO ALL THE PANDA PLASTIC AND INCRAEASE AIR FLOW by 50% in the veg room because im venting a 8x7 room with 2 4inch fans so i was thiking if i went from 4inch in take to 6 and 8 inch for an outtake fan i wont have any mites because it will always stay super cold and fresh WHATS THE BEST WAY TO SEAL UP AN INTAKE WITHOUT CHOKING THE FAN's CFM???????????????? CAN I USE A 6INCH DUST SHROOM OR SHOULD I USE CARBON FILTERS TO BLOCK OUT SPIDER MITES

could i have spider mites because im using 4 inch ducting for everything even with my 6inch fans and my 8 inch fans i just use a downsizer to 4inch ducting for all my fans could this be my problem the fact i have only 4inch ducting ? and the mites found their way in because the air flow was being slowed down by using 4inch ducting .... if i upgrade all my ducts to 6inch ducts will spider mites have a way harder time to survive ?

does it make sense to make a room around the door the garage so when i take my shoes off i have to step out of a clean room to then get to my grow room so my plants never get mites again

sky_blue

sky_blue

if i use a bug bomb for 2 weeks once a day will i really kill most of the mites or will i make a super mite ive heard its best to use many different kind of bug killer everytime or you get evolved spider mites

can i kill spider mites if i fumeigate my garage where my grow room is like the whole tent over the garage so the bugs die? i mean i want to kill the mites and if i have to get rid of the plants i will i feel getting rid of the plants wont help.

WOULD THE BEST OPTION AND FIRST,,,,, TO BUY ALL NEW PANDA PLASTIC AND REDO ALL THE PANDA PLASTIC AND INCRAEASE AIR FLOW by 50% in the veg room because im venting a 8x7 room with 2 4inch fans so i was thiking if i went from 4inch in take to 6 and 8 inch for an outtake fan i wont have any mites because it will always stay super cold and fresh WHATS THE BEST WAY TO SEAL UP AN INTAKE WITHOUT CHOKING THE FAN's CFM???????????????? CAN I USE A 6INCH DUST SHROOM OR SHOULD I USE CARBON FILTERS TO BLOCK OUT SPIDER MITES

could i have spider mites because im using 4 inch ducting for everything even with my 6inch fans and my 8 inch fans i just use a downsizer to 4inch ducting for all my fans could this be my problem the fact i have only 4inch ducting ? and the mites found their way in because the air flow was being slowed down by using 4inch ducting .... if i upgrade all my ducts to 6inch ducts will spider mites have a way harder time to survive ?

does it make sense to make a room around the door the garage so when i take my shoes off i have to step out of a clean room to then get to my grow room so my plants never get mites again

Best though - you must clean yourself;) before going into the flower room.
No big sweaters, floppy hats, dirty shirts, or anything you wear to walk outside - including dirty shoes, etc. - and no friends visiting.
That - and good ventilation / temp. - will keep mites away....
(((and lady bugs are always great !!))) ---PS - pls don't fog a flower room. it's not safe.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Agree with Sky.... the best most important thing I have found is to limit access as much as possible.
Separate and clean shoes and clothing for your to change into before u enter room. Wash your hands and keep things as sterile as possible to lessen chance of infection/infestation.

As far as mites went, I treated with chemicals and pesticides; shut the room down after harvest for a few weeks as I thoroughly cleaned and sanitized entire room and all equipment etc. with bleach. Allowed to dry out and clean again. Start fresh with fresh clones or seed, medium pots etc etc. and follow a treatment program with beneficials and some systemics.
Side note: I also try to use hepa-filters and other preventative measures in my system to minimize chances of things getting in or out.

I would like to know if anyone uses anything besides bleach solutions to scrub a room after taking a grow down. Is there anything more effective or beneficial?

Sorry to hear about your luck but it seems like we all have to do the dance with bugs and such.
GL and be consistent and vigilant.

PnL

silverhaze

silverhaze

I would like to know if anyone uses anything besides bleach solutions to scrub a room after taking a grow down. Is there anything more effective or beneficial?

I also use Physan 20.

Cort

Cort

For pots, trays and the like, I use soap, hot water, elbow grease with food grade sanitizer chaser.

For my tent, alcohol and peroxide. I just screw on a sprayer to a bottle of alcohol and wax on, wax off.

N

Nikki4

Hi i have used hydrogen peroxide & it kills them instantly diluted with water try 6 percent strong from a chemist the only downside is it doesnt kill the eggs so it has to be repeated about 5 days later when they have hatched the peroxide will possibly dry the leaves out but only the ones that were gonna die anyway the plants healthy leaves are resistant the peroxide as long as not overdone -apply with a brush paintbrush if thats all you have

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

CAN SPIDER MITES BE DESTROYED FROM AN AREA FOR EVER IF I TAKE APART MY GROW ROOM AND MAKE IT A BED ROOM AGAIN AND CLEAN IT AND THEN MAKE A NEW GROW ROOM IN THE BEDROOM SPACE??? I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF ALL THE EGGS AND MITES BEFORE I FLOWER AGAIN BECAUSE IVE NEVER FLOWERED PLANTS WITH SPIDER MITES
i have a bedroom with cement floors and it has fake wood so i can hose it down with bleach

I had set up a 14x6 foot flower room and i never had spider mites in the flower room and while i was using my flower room i made a 7x7 veg room and i planted alot of seeds and i ran out of coco and used some 707 mix soil and the soil plants got mites and tossed all the soil plants that had signs of spider mite webs in the trash and kept the coco ebb n flow plants and i added a nasty systemic pesticide to kill the spider mites that might have jumped to the coco table and i used a bug bomb every day and used man made pesticide foggers and i used those stupid Pyrethrin Bombs many times and i found that Pyrethrin is a chemical that comes from a plant so its semi organic and i thought why not try something stronger because it sounds like nobody has use with pyrethrin with mites and it seems to only make them stronger from the rumors ive heard over the years so i found a long-lasting, photostable active ingredient, fenoxycarb - foggers called prelude i used many fenoxycarb bug bomb foggers ... after the first one i couldnt find any spider mite webs or spider mite evidence of them being alive and this was after 2 weeks of constant bug bombs and after using systemic pesticides most likely illegal in most places..... the plants started looking good and totally pest free!!! I found people telling me spider mites are just hiding for the right moment to again breed on my plants. if anyone wants to know what systemic pesticide i used to kill the spider mites or at least to make it so no new spider mite webs have appeared for at least a month so that makes me happy the stuff is like azamax on turbo only its like 20 bucks for 2000 gallons of systemic pesticide
Never,ever use a systemic insecticide for anything you plan on consuming.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Wow someone definitely went digging down in the dungeon for this decade old beauty.

Judaz

Judaz

The only way to beat spider mites is to develop a systemic approach to eradicating them. You will never get rid of mites in your flower room. All you can do is keep them at bay and get through the round. Where you can eradicate spider mites is in your veg room. When cuttings are small and manageable and they can be dipped before starting them. And then you spray every 3-4 days for a few veg cycles. Until you can’t find them anymore. Use a microscope and lock random leaves to see if you can spot eggs or living mites. When you get to the point that you can’t find them anymore in your veg and you don’t see anymore eggs. Then you officially eradicate them.

Follow this rule veg room is king. No one goes into the veg but you after you’ve showered and have clean clothes. Never go into the veg after going to a flower room.

The best product to get rid of mites is grow safe. Works better than avid, forbid and floramite. What I tend to do is dip the cuts in grow safe. It’s organic and can be used on flowers as well. Spray the cuts once during the rooting phase in the dome. Then I dip the cuts again before planting them. I then spray once a week for the duration of the veg cucle. Then I launch a few bombs during the first 3 weeks of flower.
One a week. Beethoven, pyrethrum attain.

Do this for a few cycles and mites will be gone. Make sure to clean rooms after every round with. Bleach too. Ohh and when I take cuts. I submerged them in plain water for 15 minutes to drown any of these fuckers. Just an extra added measure. You can see little bubbles as the mites drown.

680B0B75 F998 49A8 8FA7 E0C95083F9CC

Judaz

Judaz

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can add a little bit of alcohol to the mixed solution of grow safe and water. 70% Isopropyl alcohol. Use it in a ratio of 1 to 4. For example if you make 1 gallon of grow safe mixed solution. Add 1/4 gallon of alcohol and 3/4 water. If you use 100% alcohol I would add less 1 to 6 ratio. Wouldn’t recommend adding alcohol in the last few weeks of flower but during the first 5 weeks or during veg is fine.

The alcohol remedy with dish soap. I use grow safe instead of dish soap. Alcohol destroys spider mite eggs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom