Can this be saved?

• Thread starter MotownBrowns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MotownBrowns

MotownBrowns

Damn storms blew through again last night and managed to fuck up the lone branch I thought could support itself. Can this be propped up and tied off to save it, or should I just cut it loose? Do I need to worry about the overall health ofnthe plant from this? Thanks for any input.

Can this be saved
Can this be saved 2
teejacks

teejacks

tie it back up to where it was asap. give it two weeks. should grow a ball like your bone would if you broke it. not sure if it will heal in time to give you some weight but give it a shot

basscaptain

basscaptain

like the fishing pole..... really you should be useing it to fish.............. and just get a stick...lol 😇 🧐 😇

MotownBrowns

MotownBrowns

like the fishing pole..... really you should be useing it to fish.............. and just get a stick...lol 😇 🧐 😇

It was an old busted one I had in the garage, lol. The eyelets allowed me to support a few branches from it.

MotownBrowns

MotownBrowns

super tight tie up, no gaps. could even put aloe vera gel on the wound too

I tied it nice and tight, then noticed it was a little too tight and starting to split below, so I tied that tight too. Thanks for the input guys, hopefully this works.

20200802 092126
20200802 092144
dire wolf

dire wolf

That's gonna be fine , grow back twice as strong , people are bustin up their plants all the time ....
If it was me though , I'd wrap a little gauze or something then some painters tape a few wraps to firm it up in case you get another blow , that wrap in the picture might not hold it for the necessary time repair .......

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You should be fine. If the leaves on the branch were drying up, then it might be hopeless, but since it looks good it will probably heal in a few weeks, as was mentioned earlier. If it had broken off totally, I would have pushed the broken branch into about 6 inches deep in soil/growing medium and let it root itself and give you a partially grown clone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom