Can you breed great white????

• Thread starter WannaBeGreenThumbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WannaBeGreenThumbz

I got to wondering as I'm a huge fan of great white if I can put some in distilled water and ypd agar or who knows what and actually grow your own benificals and mycelium to transfer... see where I'm going with this, sorry if it's a dumb idea sometimes I get stoned and little light bulbs go off in my head LOL I have rye grass seed, ypd agar, petri dishes AND a Flow hood if this is possible seems like a fun adventure, turn a sprinke into a tablespoon 😅

josefrahl

josefrahl

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Short answer is no based on the way you worded the question.

I think what you really wanted to ask is can you fruit GW on some media and use the mycelium to inoculate. To that, the answer is probably, however you will no longer have great white.

This is Great White - the product

Endomycorrhiza
Glomus aggregatum……….83 props per gram
Glomus intraradices……….83 props per gram
Glomus mosseae……….83 props per gram
Glomus etunicatum……….83 props per gram
Glomus clarum……….11 props per gram
Glomus monosporum……….11 props per gram
Paraglomus brazilianum……….11 props per gram
Glomus deserticola……….11 props per gram
Gigaspora margarita……….11 props per gram
Ectomycorrhiza
Pisolithus tinctorious……….187,875 propagules per gram
Rhizopogon luteolus……….5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon fulvigleba……….5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon villosullus……….5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon amylopogon……….5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma citrinum……….5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma cepa……….5,219 props per gram
Bacteria
Azotobacter chroococcum……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus subtilis……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus licheniformis……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus azotoformans……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus megaterium……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus coagulans……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus pumilus……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus thuringiensis……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus durum……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus polymyxa……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Saccharomyces cerevisiae……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas aureofaciens……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas fluorescens……….525,000 CFU’s per gram
Trichoderma
Trichoderma koningii……….187,875 CFU’s per gram
Trichoderma harzianum……….125,250 CFU’s per gram
Other Ingredients
Glycine
Vitamin package

This product is made from growing each of these species out in mass individually, and then combining them together in the proportions listed with glycine (precursor molecule) and some other stuff in there to stabilize and give the biologics structure to attach to.

If you try to grow this on a Petri dish, you will end up with 1, 2, maybe 3 or 4 of the biologics on the list taking over the whole sample. They grow at different rates. Changing the sample temp, PH, food source, even lighting will probably cause different biologics to rise to the top of the food chain.

You will grow something, and that thing may be usable, however you will not grow great white. It will be a small subset of the list above. The problem is, it may not be the ones you need! For example, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens is known to be a beneficial bacteria. It's well understood. Many of the others on that list are thought to be good, mainly because they are in the same family. But just because they are in the same family does not mean they will provide the same level of symbiosis or protection. So you could very well take a product that many agree works well and break it into some of its parts which may not work as well, or at all.

TLDR - this is an engineered product, not a naturally occurring thing that can be easily duplicated by just growing it out.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've heard Cannabis and ectomycorrhiza don't form associations.

W

WannaBeGreenThumbz

I appreciate the comment and that's a great read pretty much the same thing I was trying to due just extremely more efficient (1 billion times more lol) don't know why I didn't think of that!

Top Bottom