Can you cold smoke cure final product to alter taste?

• Thread starter Yoohooanimal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yoohooanimal

Yoohooanimal

So while swim is learning the art of the grow, their goals are to develop buds geared to taste and cooking quality buds and not necessarily strength. Can you cold smoke cure? I’m talking hanging them up to dry and cure in say a beef jerky smoker to dry; keeping the appropriate temp and humidity for the curing process; only circulating say a little apple wood smoke or whatever would pair well during the process. Besides stupid and a probable waste of time, what are some thoughts on this?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I mean, theoretically it's not that different from smoked teas like Lapsang Souchong. As long as the temperature and humidity parameters were the same as curing, it's probably best to play with different smoking times and temps and report back.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

One of those smoke guns you put wood chips in...just put erb in it instead!!!

I was looing into getting one for my homecooking...wood chips of course!

I worked with a cook that said he did it....havent gotten around to see if he was bullshittin or not...you can get smoke guns amazon has a good one for 125$.
A few months ill buy one and report back..lol

So while swim is learning the art of the grow, their goals are to develop buds geared to taste and cooking quality buds and not necessarily strength. Can you cold smoke cure? I’m talking hanging them up to dry and cure in say a beef jerky smoker to dry; keeping the appropriate temp and humidity for the curing process; only circulating say a little apple wood smoke or whatever would pair well during the process. Besides stupid and a probable waste of time, what are some thoughts on this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom