Can You Help Me Make A Good Juice With Shatter For My Pen?

• Thread starter TeZa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TeZa

TeZa

Hi! I'm really hoping someone can help.
I am trying to make a smokeable vape pen juice using bho shatter.
So far I have tried:
Pure shatter (propane extracted original og, 1g) melted with propylene glycol (75%) and glycerin (25%) at 120°f stirring for 30 mins.
There was a clumping issue and it looked like wax clumps and how water and oil would, very beadie and inconsistant. I threw it away.
Then I decided I needed to make the shatter more soluble and got some ever clear 190 proof grain alcohol, mixing about 1ml with 1 gram. I left it overnight and it thinned out the oil perfectly needing only a couple of stirs to look like liquid gold. I double boiled it to 184°f, which is where alcohol burns off and let it get down to a this clear yellow liquid which starts to get very sticky like gelatin.
In 3 glass containers I again did a mix of mainly propylene and a squirt of glycerin same heat and process. This seemed to be the best result but the glycerin still didn't mix right and separated once it was in the cartridge, becoming to thick almost to smoke by the 3rd day. It tasted pretty nice but had that throat hit and a very faint alcohol residue left.

I then did one alcohol/shatter mix (1g/1ml), heated off most of the alcohol, mixing with just propylene glycol and one with the glycerine alone and brought them both up to 178°f (stirring) for 10 mins and let cool.
The glycerin completely separated and left the shatter as an oil floating on top. I poured that out, put the remains on parchment and consider it something I may use in a lotion and unsmokeable..
The propylene mixed well as expected but became way to gooey. I thought adding a little bit of water would thin it out but I was wrong. It turned into a milky look, with the shatter liquid floating and impossible to mix together again.

I'm going through a lot of good shatter making all of these trials and errors. I have 2 friends who are living with cancer waiting for me on top of my own pain needs. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I feel like I'm closer using the ever clear than I was with out, just maybe missing a step or more? If you have experience with this please let me know! I have pictures of my 3 failed results, the mix of both prop glyc but no alcohol, the glycerin drained oil and the mily result trying to liquify the prop/alc/bho. Shoud also mention I am using food grade everything and the glycerine is derived from palm oil.

Can you help me make a good juice with shatter for my pen
Can you help me make a good juice with shatter for my pen 2
Can you help me make a good juice with shatter for my pen 3
TeZa

TeZa

Informative, thank you. When they say "poured" the bho in Im wondering if the winterized and decarboxylated process is what makes it pourable? Im using crunchy shatter and when I tried just melting that then adding the glycerin it said and seperated, after over a half hour of my not as fancy tooth pick stiring on low heat. I wonder if this winterized and decarboxylated is what Im missing.. I mean it has been sitting in the freezer for a couple months but I definitely know I could now a little more about what that actually means so thank you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I'll tag @Graywolf hes one of the guys who does skunkpharm and one of the guys behind the science :D He should know alot more on the issue then me :D

Navillusii

Navillusii

Buy a 0% E-juice and mix with shatter 3:1 Juice/Shatter on the stove around a 150f.
This is what i've found to work well for me.

TeZa

TeZa

yeah, its just that the ejuice is apparently made up of prop and glyc so thats why I was trying to take it mysef. At this point Id still like to try to diy, but if its not gonna happen thatll be my next option. Maybe I should be using this prop 400 I keep seeing. I hear it mixes better.

TeZa

TeZa

cool thank you! his blood diamond strain description is sellin me hard!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

So far I have tried:
Pure shatter (propane extracted original og, 1g) melted with propylene glycol (75%) and glycerin (25%) at 120°f stirring for 30 mins.
There was a clumping issue and it looked like wax clumps and how water and oil would, very beadie and inconsistant. I threw it away.
Then I decided I needed to make the shatter more soluble and got some ever clear 190 proof grain alcohol, mixing about 1ml with 1 gram. I left it overnight and it thinned out the oil perfectly needing only a couple of stirs to look like liquid gold. I double boiled it to 184°f, which is where alcohol burns off and let it get down to a this clear yellow liquid which starts to get very sticky like gelatin.
In 3 glass containers I again did a mix of mainly propylene and a squirt of glycerin same heat and process. This seemed to be the best result but the glycerin still didn't mix right and separated once it was in the cartridge, becoming to thick almost to smoke by the 3rd day. It tasted pretty nice but had that throat hit and a very faint alcohol residue left.

I then did one alcohol/shatter mix (1g/1ml), heated off most of the alcohol, mixing with just propylene glycol and one with the glycerine alone and brought them both up to 178°f (stirring) for 10 mins and let cool.
The glycerin completely separated and left the shatter as an oil floating on top. I poured that out, put the remains on parchment and consider it something I may use in a lotion and unsmokeable..
The propylene mixed well as expected but became way to gooey. I thought adding a little bit of water would thin it out but I was wrong. It turned into a milky look, with the shatter liquid floating and impossible to mix together again.

I'm going through a lot of good shatter making all of these trials and errors. I have 2 friends who are living with cancer waiting for me on top of my own pain needs. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I feel like I'm closer using the ever clear than I was with out, just maybe missing a step or more? If you have experience with this please let me know! I have pictures of my 3 failed results, the mix of both prop glyc but no alcohol, the glycerin drained oil and the mily result trying to liquify the prop/alc/bho. Shoud also mention I am using food grade everything and the glycerine is derived from palm oil.
If you want to keep it from seperating yoy can't put VG in tge ejuice and shatter and PG (Propylene Glycol) tastes nasty.

I would recommend that you stop trying to make an eJuice for an e cigarette.

You would be much better off Vaporizing shatter directly in a wax Atomizer.

There are good ones and horrible wax Atomizers.

I HIGHLY recommend the wax Atomizer in my avatar. It has the donut coil, and a clone of the Kiln Atomizer. I can get these for $5.59 out of China. If Interested let me know and will send you a link.

Second choice would be the Kiln $24 and up.

Third choice X Vape V One. Don't like it because the shatter splatters and you have to take tge glass dome off to see if there is shatter for a hit. Another reason i don't like it is shatter melts and plugs the airflow.

Fourth choice Miracle by Ecapple. I don't like this one because the flavor isnt as good as the Kiln or my clone of the Kiln. Another reason i don't like it it it goes through concentrate much faster than the three choices above.

Three are bulb wax Atomizers with a coil around silica wick. I dobt recommend these at all!

The shatter sitting on tge coil tastes Burnt. Not pleasant to vape at all.

The shatter melts and runs beneath the coil so a LOT of medicine goes to waste.

If you want a link to the Kiln clone i use PM me.

TeZa

TeZa

ive been directed in another forum that using terpenes is the way to go. Looks like Ill be doing more investing in this project and hopefully finally get what im looking for. heres a good link for more about terpines and the 4 different kinds using a short path because its better flavor then distilled.

If you guys have a preference for terps please link me! Also if you would know which one works for seizures, ptsd and appetite that would be ab fab.
Thanks for all your suggestions guys :love1:
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/2015/11/08/short-path-distillation-for-transparent-concentrates/

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been making vape juice for years with bho, and now solventless rosin. I always do a 1:1 (by weight not volume) of bho/rosin to peg 400usp with excellent results and NO seperation. I've found qwiso, etoh, bubble, finger hash, will all seperate with Peg400usp after a week or so.

Put concentrate in thick shot glass in a bowl of water on top of a pot of water (triple broiler of sorts). Turn on heat. Add 1:1 extract and peg400, heat to 130* and stir stir stir for about 20 mins. Let cool. Draw up into your vape pen. Enjoy.

G

Gr8n8 1980

So far I have tried:

Hey dude I just read through your post. I will admit I myself was looking for a different way of doing. But I'm definitely off doing better than you. There is the stuff called EJmix. You mix it 1 to 3. The instructions are on the bottle. I ythini got mine off Amazon. You just put a gram of shatter in a shot glass microwave it for 20 second then add the Ejmix. Spin it together and load your pen. I do agree with that other guy a little bit. I mainly use my wax atomizer. My dad likes it the ejuice way though. So I totttot understand. The only thing about the ejmEjis it kinda has a chemical taste to it. No separation at all. Perfect every time. Hope this helps

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'l update my above post.

I no longer use any nasty peg400 in my carts. Upon searching, if heated to highbtemps, it turns into formaldehyde. No thanks.

I now only use fractioned terps from my distillation guy who runs my stuff. 10 drops per 1g of distillate.

Brativa

Brativa

Ive used connoisseur concentrates strawberry solution recently for one gram of concentrate a half gram or .5ml of the strawberry terp profile has worked amazing in my 510 carts wick or otherwise. I use a heating mat to let them gel together.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Ok so i'm looking for tips and techniques for making a "sauce" out of Bubble hash to fill a Bubbleman Brand Trinity Pen.

I have 14grams of mixed(I made a HUGE mistake and mixed all grades up), BubbleHash 1mL of Blue River terpenes and a Revlon Hair Straightener as materials/tools to use.

I am now starting to think i *may* be able to use food grade Vegetable Glycerine to make this Bubble Hash into Sauce...

Any ideas THCfarmers?

C

Crush It

For the fucking love of crist no offense but what in the hell is wrong here you guys. Mix what with cannabis?? Should be nothing or CANNABIS would be the correct answer. Vegetable glyc and bubble hash to make sauce? Come on please just learn the science behind the extraction and make real sauce.

Top Bottom