Can you make tea with nutrient burnt trimmings?

• Thread starter ShaggySparx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShaggySparx

I"m a new grower. Ladies germed on my birthday, 6 weeks, 5 days ago. Got a little overzealous with the nutes around the second week, flushed em and got the formula down pretty good now 2 weeks into flower.. So can you make tea or edibles with burnt leaves?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your hurting for feed you could ferment the leaves and have a concentrate you could add to compost and then brew tea,normally you want tender shoots harvested before daylight ,but if interested ,weigh how much leaf material you have ,match that weight with mollases,put in a 5 gal bucket with sealed lid,i use the paint buckets that have a small screw on lid that you would pour from,drill a 1/4 in hole in the lid,stick a 1/4 tube from air line like a fish aquarium,in that lid hole about 1/2 in inside the bucket ,run about 3fyt of the air line to a coke bottle,do same with coke bottle lid ,1/4 in hole,fill the bottle half full of water and let the hose touch the bottom,keep every thing sealed,the bottle will start to have bubbles,this is gassing off,the mollases is working,when the bubbles stop ,you have fermented plant juice,the whole idea of harvest of leaves and tops of plants before daybreak is because the plant is loaded with nutrients at that time as the sun comes up they go back down if you dig,easy to do and depending on your weather of how long it will take,were i live stays pretty hot,usally right around 2 months for finished product,also the lid on the coke bottle leave it cracked a but,the gas will suck the bottle inwards and drain right back into the 5 gal bucket if you dont,but ya stir the leaves and mollases real good and seal that bucket wait to bubbles stop and you got free food,my fav orite is comfrey

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I'm reading it right you mean after harvest most of which will be shake? Fans leaves are garbage if your trimming sugar leaves and some have nute burn and they have trichs I don't see why you wouldn't use that to make butter or edibles. I mean making butter you strain out the leaf matter anyhow. It's not like they have toxic levels of nutrients in them.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If I'm reading it right you mean after harvest most of which will be shake? Fans leaves are garbage if your trimming sugar leaves and some have nute burn and they have trichs I don't see why you wouldn't use that to make butter or edibles. I mean making butter you strain out the leaf matter anyhow. It's not like they have toxic levels of nutrients in them.
hash too

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i mention fermenting cause im a lazy bastard and all them damn bags are screwed up,to much work for a young feller last time i made hash took me most of the day and 2 bags of ice ,shit thats a job and very little pays,sounds like a real job dont it hahahahah

Top Bottom