Can You Move A Grow Tent Whilst In Progress Of Grow

• Thread starter joerabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joerabbit

And sorry for asking such a simple question. But, say you want to have it in the living room on weekdays and bedroom on weekends. Have anyone tried to move a fully rigged tent mid growth.

I imagine the tent being 2x2x4 and just being lifted at the bars and moves 15 feet into a different room, several times a week.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if you make a sled with wheels maybe,i have a 2x4x5 tent aint no joke setting the bitch up either,keep in mind light leaks if you plan to do this,that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes and it SUCKS
i set mine up in the corner of the utility room and that bitch staying there,worst money i ever spent on that tent,use to use it only for breeding and dry ,cure,moved here and forced to use the damn thing,still cant control shit in it,settled for just growing what i could,if it bunk and still give me a buzz im good,to buy another,nope never happen unless it for clones and veg stuff

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
i set mine up in the corner of the utility room and that bitch staying there,worst money i ever spent on that tent,use to use it only for breeding and dry ,cure,moved here and forced to use the damn thing,still cant control shit in it,settled for just growing what i could,if it bunk and still give me a buzz im good,to buy another,nope never happen unless it for clones and veg stuff
I love them...i can set any of them up right hahaha even the shitty ones

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I love them...i can set any of them up right hahaha even the shitty ones
i hate this bastard so much im considering just building a framed in under cover keep out my tool room closet hahah,lock and all hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

A nice hard shell locking closet would be sweet
im thinking 3ft wide 6ft long cieling hieght is right at 7ft,still enough room to walk threw the room and i already have its own 20 amp breaker

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Hey joerabbit, are you a comedian? Oldskol4evr is right, trying to move a grow tent fully set up is just a disaster waiting to happen! And using one is even worse! I ask why you’re a comedian, because it’s just a “sitcom” situation! Like, why would you wanna move a grow tent from the living room to the bedroom? Need some company while you sleep? Or are you having company in the living room and don’t want them to see your tent? And why would you ever buy a tent in the first place? Fall for all their marketing hype? I don’t know anyone personally who’s actually bought one and liked it! Here, GT21 says, “i set mine up in the corner of the utility room and that bitch staying there,worst money i ever spent...” Oldskol4evr wants to build his own and you should too, joerabbit! Just take all the expensive equipment like the light and vent fans and put them into the one you make.

The reason they’re so hard to control is most ones for sale in grow shops I’ve seen have the light inside

the tent itself. Yeah, sure they’re vented but the regular light no matter what kind it is, is gonna heat up too much without extra venting and even an air conditioner—and that kind of defeats the purpose. They’re perfect for cloning though, but just use a little T5 or Compact Florescent grow light to keep your heat down and the air temp perfect. For clones a little T5 is all you need.

I built my own in my 24hr dark basement which is always cool. I used lumber for the frame and black/white poly stapled onto the studs—white on the inside of course! I built it for testing new strains. Its bigger than a commercial grow tent: 4X5X8. Plants won’t grow if they’re squished into little tents with their leaves touching. My light is a ES300 LED I got from a friend who didn’t like it. The ceilings in my basement are high at 10ft and my “tent” is only 8’ high so light heat has plenty of room to rise and then get sucked out by a 2X2 square summer window fan flat on the roof. For circulation I got a large bathroom fan framed in at floor level to pump nice cool fresh air in. In it I only grow two strains at a time and if I like them I’ll save them for Mothers and let them veg in it full time for clones which I use for my large-scale greenhouses.

I only buy the rare piece of equipment for my grows I know will work like they’re supposed to. There’s just so much junk on the market for growing right now that doesn’t work right and is cheaply made garbage and I think is geared for new growers who don’t know doodley squat! So look out you Nubie guys! For my large grows in greenhouses and winter indoor setups I only buy from reputable growing equipment companies who’s equipment is built to last for commercial growers like myself. Even most of the commercial auto-trimmers I’ve tried break down after a couple years. My latest ones are workhorses. I’ve had ‘em for 3 years with no problems and they still run like brand new with no maintenance or cleaning needed. They’re called “Tom’s Tumble Trimmer”. My lights, aside from the over-priced ES300 my friend hated, are all state of the art lamps and fixtures that come from “Growers Choice” that I can get at wholesale prices for my large commercial set ups but that’s a whole different story.

So hey you guys, stay away from junk grow tents and just build your own!

Hope this helps ya’all!

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

I did my own research, and finally bought a Gorilla Grow Tent, 5’x5’x6’11”.
It’s built extremely well, and has all the features that allow me to appreciate my investment. Living in a rental, doesn’t allow me to build permanent structures, so this is the next best option. I plan to extract my costs over the short time.

RedHotPoker

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I did my own research, and finally bought a Gorilla Grow Tent, 5’x5’x6’11”.
It’s built extremely well, and has all the features that allow me to appreciate my investment. Living in a rental, doesn’t allow me to build permanent structures, so this is the next best option. I plan to extract my costs over the short time.

RedHotPoker
i understand the circumstances you have,me the same,kinda,im just saying moving it around isnt a good idea,reasoning is working 4 months for excellant flowers and 2 weeks before harvest a filter fall on top of them,i have had that happen and it will scar you for sure

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

But, can you move it whilst in grow?
No, impossible. I would never even consider it... Besides how would it even fit through the related door way? My Gorilla Grow Tent is 5’x5’x6’11”. Haha

Moving it will bring you nothing but regret. If it’s safe in the bedroom, just leave it there. Or alternatively, never associate with “Narky” visitors. Grin

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Luckily, you are still here to share the near disaster, and not shy to tell us about your negative experience. Thanks for sharing this, it’s important to understand the problematic situation, that could simply be avoided.

If you want to move your grow tent to a different room, or even a better location in the same room, it would have to be mostly emptied out first.
Then you can do it safely.

RedHotPoker

i understand the circumstances you have,me the same,kinda,im just saying moving it around isnt a good idea,reasoning is working 4 months for excellant flowers and 2 weeks before harvest a filter fall on top of them,i have had that happen and it will scar you for sure

I

Ikkt

Once a year I have to move my tent from one room across another to a storage closet no matter what's going on inside.
No problem at all if you hang everything securely like you should anyway. I don't get how a filter could crash down onto the plants, if that's happening you fucked up hanging it properly.

But I would never try to lift the Tent!
That's just shit waiting to happen and puts unnecessary stress on the tent. I put mine (and the bigger one of a friend) on a blanket and move it through the apartment by pulling on the blanket. It's nothing to shove around daily, but it works.
I don't see why it shouldn't work with bigger tents as long as it fits through your doors and it's not too heavy for you to move.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just make a little platform on wheels with plywood and casters and roll it around.

Top Bottom