Can you pull water through a Water Chiller?

• Thread starter TheConnection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheConnection

TheConnection

So im setting up my irrigation and Currently have no sequence in mind for 1 1/2 HP commercial size water chiller 🥶 i purchased. My space is rather large 1500 sqft roughly and im running drip irrigation.

My 300 Gallon Reservoir is set up to receive water from main water line through a HydroLogic BigBoy Dechlorinatior filter and RO filters. I was going to have the outlet of the reservoir come into the inlet of the chiller and outlet to the DAB Pump. So the DAB pump will pull water from the Reservoir through the chiller , into itself and push the cold water through my Dosatron System?

I believe in my head this all works out. However, after constant thought and some research I feel as it was necessary to get some others in the communities feedback. Where do you place your water chiller in your drip irrigation system and why>? I have a few weeks before my system will be fully completed so I really could use your guys and gals help!!

How should I sequence in my water chiller in my drip irrigation .?? 💦🥶

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hello TheConnection. I have never set up a system exactly like the one you are referring to. However I do run aquariums and consider myself to be pretty advanced in the hobby. I have worked with chillers many times and I currently have one set up in my garage tank. To my knowledge as long as your pump flow rate is inside the parameters specified on the chiller you should be fine. You gotta see what the manufacturer of the chiller recommends. It will likely be a gallon per hour rating. Perhaps if you show some pics I may be able to help more. Im trying to visualize your system best I can.

TheConnection

TheConnection

How do you have it set up? I dont have anything set up currently . I need more instruction on how to sequence everything together

@Backyard_Boogie

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Ok 1500 sq. Feet, give all detail of, and materials you have, and cap money u can spend. Qty.# Of plant you intend .

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

The chiller should be a bit before the first plant gets watered anyway..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So im setting up my irrigation and Currently have no sequence in mind for 1 1/2 HP commercial size water chiller 🥶 i purchased. My space is rather large 1500 sqft roughly and im running drip irrigation.

My 300 Gallon Reservoir is set up to receive water from main water line through a HydroLogic BigBoy Dechlorinatior filter and RO filters. I was going to have the outlet of the reservoir come into the inlet of the chiller and outlet to the DAB Pump. So the DAB pump will pull water from the Reservoir through the chiller , into itself and push the cold water through my Dosatron System?

I believe in my head this all works out. However, after constant thought and some research I feel as it was necessary to get some others in the communities feedback. Where do you place your water chiller in your drip irrigation system and why>? I have a few weeks before my system will be fully completed so I really could use your guys and gals help!!

How should I sequence in my water chiller in my drip irrigation .?? 💦🥶
Ok this is a drip system correct? So not a recirculating system correct?

What is the grow media?
What will the room temps be?
Is the res located in the room?

I'm trying to understand why you NEED a chiller if not in a hydro recirculating system?

TheConnection

TheConnection

I use grodan cubes and the water isnt recirculated it is wasted into the cubes through emitters and down into grow mat under neath . The trays are covered in panda film.

room temps can be whatever i choose there is 5 ton ac unit feeding the grow room.

The res is not located inside the room.

Top Bottom