Can you stop smoking weed and continue growing? Or is it impossible?

• Thread starter Stevo0121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

Growing things can be a high by itself. The concentration, the goals, the fun. I grow sunflowers and don't eat the seeds. I grow pumpkins and have a great time fighting the bugs and PM just to get a good looking JackOlantern. You can do it.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
As long as you had others to test the potency of what your producing and keep you on track I wouldnt see why not....But if your growing great lookin weed thats not very effective then how would you know otherwise...Its like saying...Hey I'll cook you this meal but Im not eating it...lol.....def a weird question....power to it
FOE20

sandune

sandune

23 years ago I was an oz/month smoker and grower. I got popped in a pee test at work and had to quit both. My state became legal this year and I'm growing. Mainly for my wife's pains and whatnots, but also to gift friends and family. I have always loved growing and learned when I was 15. I am having a blast and just harvested my 1st couple of plants. I have no problem not smoking cause I have a great job with great benefits. But at 63 - I know my days of "smokeless" are running out!!!

TSD

TSD

Depends on your will power and reasons for quitting. I took a little tolerance break of about three weeks this summer, and it was definitely tempting to smell the ladies... but honestly quitting a daily habit is going to be hard regardless.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Depends on your will power and reasons for quitting. I took a little tolerance break of about three weeks this summer, and it was definitely tempting to smell the ladies... but honestly quitting a daily habit is going to be hard regardless.
This and a couple other previous posts bring up a great point. Most stoners will argue that weed isn't addictive. Psychology will argue that tooth and nail, as will I. Let me state my piece before the trolls decide to flame me.

What does every cigarette smoker say? "I can quit if I wanted to, I just don't want to. I like blah blah blah. I enjoy blah blah blah."

Now, what does every daily weed smoker say? "I can quit if I wanted to, I just don't want to. I like blah blah blah. I enjoy blah blah blah."

Further, what does every daily cocaine user say? "I can quit if I wanted to, I just don't want to. I like blah blah blah. I enjoy blah blah blah."

On and on, with the two exceptions of alcoholics and heroin addicts where each compound develops a physical dependency and the withdrawals can kill the addict.

The withdrawals from cannabis can be significant. On the lighter end appetite is non-existent, insomnia is strong, higher anxiety than normal. The more severe is depression, significant appetite disruption, impotence, panic attacks, irritability, loss of focus, etc.

Cannabis is addictive as anything else.

Growing can help focus some of those negative effects and give one the opportunity to center their mind without necessarily indulging. Or, one could go off the deep end (like i have) and expand into other plant families on top of cannabis. Case in point, I am now growing various restricted cacti, bromeliads, succulents, trees, I run a full garden with 15+ vegetables every summer, 20+ different herbs, etc. Cannabis is a gateway drug in more ways than one -- growing it even more so. When one approaches the prospect of reducing or quitting their intake, it's important to replace that habit with something equally fulfilling, even if it means growing beautiful bouquets to turn around and give the fruits of your labor to people more in need.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I can relate to this, sorta, very light user, prior to 20 haven't touched it this century, did 3 grows & am now sitting on 3+ pounds that I'm never gonna use, too anti social & worried to sell (Med only legal state) though at least breaking even on the time & money in would be nice.
Was planing another grow but I'm depressed that what I have is going to waste along with the time money & effort so I'm just coasting, have payed seed I don't want to sit on too long & I like growing different strains, currently perplexed. 🤷‍♂️

yukaloo

yukaloo

I find myself in a similar situation, but not my choice. I came down with Corona last year (long haul) and my lungs are now damaged. But I love the smell and started my first grow this year as a retirement hobby. I WISH I could sample when it comes harvest time, but I'll have to rely on others and just play Santa. I'm trying to buy a Volcano vaporizer to see if it would be tolerable... we'll see.

TSD

TSD

I find myself in a similar situation, but not my choice. I came down with Corona last year (long haul) and my lungs are now damaged. But I love the smell and started my first grow this year as a retirement hobby. I WISH I could sample when it comes harvest time, but I'll have to rely on others and just play Santa. I'm trying to buy a Volcano vaporizer to see if it would be tolerable... we'll see.
I have the mighty from the same company, the portable version basically, and I love it. Had it 2 years with no issues, and storz and bickel offers a refurbishment for like 50 bucks if necessary. Got mine on vaporizer chief, they always have a coupon code. It was like 300 bucks, but the Volcano is like 6 or 700. Either way, great company. Have you tried edibles or concentrates?

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

It’s a odd question to ask I know but who better to come to then people with experience, Basically I wanna stop smoking for personal reasons but I still want to carry on growing as I have a serious passion for it and I don’t really have that same passion for anything else other than the gym..So I don’t know what responses I’m gonna get from this..But if you don’t ask you don’t receive. And I’ve just brought 4 hlg650r but I’ll be asking for advice on that In separate post..Thanks in advance✌️
Of course its possible. I suggest a book called "the lost art of thinking" by Dr. Neal Nedely.

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

Yeah I’m not the best mentally when it comes to the devils lettuce I’m not gonna lie. And I have to be ready I have no choice otherwise I’m kinda screwed.

Exactly bro There’s quitting and then there’s Jumping in at the deep end which I think quitting while growing is as hard as it’s gonna be..
Marijuana is a medicine. It can be abused like anything. The father of lies uses it tremendously on people that have no business using it so i see where you coming from.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Definitely easier than smoke, smoke just kills me now, but still burns a little, substantially less potent than smoke but gets you there regardless, I toggle between, bong adapter & the long glass aroma tube with the Solo II, bong is even less harsh but also a hair weaker, I tried tried tincture (just from sugar leaf so not really strong), got me there but took a couple hours & lagged longer so more time consuming so I tend to prefer the speed of dry herb vape.

sambapati

sambapati

Definitely easier than smoke, smoke just kills me now, but still burns a little, substantially less potent than smoke but gets you there regardless, I toggle between, bong adapter & the long glass aroma tube with the Solo II, bong is even less harsh but also a hair weaker, I tried tried tincture (just from sugar leaf so not really strong), got me there but took a couple hours & lagged longer so more time consuming so I tend to prefer the speed of dry herb vape.
Second that recommendation for the Solo II, very easy to use and takes very little ganja to get high. If you rinse your mouth and gargle with salt water you'll have much less irritation. Also any kind of astringent tea with lemon/honey while you take a few draws helps.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Second that recommendation for the Solo II, very easy to use and takes very little ganja to get high. If you rinse your mouth and gargle with salt water you'll have much less irritation. Also any kind of astringent tea with lemon/honey while you take a few draws helps.
Yep, always chase with kombucha, black tea, honey & lemon or ginger beer.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I smoke very little once or twice a week tops and then only a couple puffs, but you will never stop me growing these unique and beautiful plants.

20210801 093921
flowerdave

flowerdave

I haven't partaked in 30 years and grow some great weed for my friends as medicine . I don't charge anything but if they offer to trade something I accept it. so the answer is Yes you can grow and not use it

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It’s a odd question to ask I know but who better to come to then people with experience, Basically I wanna stop smoking for personal reasons but I still want to carry on growing as I have a serious passion for it and I don’t really have that same passion for anything else other than the gym..So I don’t know what responses I’m gonna get from this..But if you don’t ask you don’t receive. And I’ve just brought 4 hlg650r but I’ll be asking for advice on that In separate post..Thanks in advance✌️
Yeah, I don't like smoking it. But I will use capsules or edibles.

KrazyDave

KrazyDave

I've grown and not smoked for years because it triggers anxiety attacks but recently, I learned CBD bud still gets you medium (as opposed to high) and I can't stop window shopping for seeds. Best of luck to you, it can be done... It's just hard!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I study the art of and use hypnosis. I also love smoking, the problem is that I cannot go anywhere or do anything when I smoke. I have quit for years then have a puff. End up quitting again because I'm stoned all the time. I find shopping for seed and growing gives me something to do other than get stoned and watch t.v. For me growing is not the problem. Having the corner store just down the street with all kinds of great looking bud is. I live in a small town with 4 cannabis stores. It's like pizza. Just call and they deliver.
Anyway, With the help of a hypnosis mp3 I am not smoking. But I love growing. It's my after working 50 hours a week therapy. Your not alone.

Top Bottom