Can you tell what deficiency this is?

• Thread starter TrimmingSucks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Picture says it all. 2 weeks into flower. Currently using advanced nutrients. Sensi bloom A&B. Ebb n flow. Also any hydroponics/coco nutrient recommendations would be appreciated. Much obliged fellow farmers.

Can you tell what deficiency this is
TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Bump. I am using half strength maybe need to up the ppm to full strength? They are some big plants

Entropy

Entropy

Looks a bit like light stress possibly, they look close to the lights in that 1 picture, could just be perspective. Is the upper growth most affected? Not always the closest leaves first, sometimes takes a few days for light stress to show, especially with "cooler running" leds. So it may look like it's starting in the upper middle of the plant first.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree with @Entropy looks like light stress first pic. Next guess is potassium deficiency. And with a plant that big its likely.

Second pic looks like calcium spots.

Mag deficiency starts at the oldest leaves. Calcium newer leaves.

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Looks a bit like light stress possibly, they look close to the lights in that 1 picture, could just be perspective. Is the upper growth most affected? Not always the closest leaves first, sometimes takes a few days for light stress to show, especially with "cooler running" leds. So it may look like it's starting in the upper middle of the plant first.

That picture is definitely bad perspective the light is at least 3 ft above the plant showing symptoms. The bigger plant (in the last picture) is way closer no issues though.

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Calcium and magnesium deficiencies, bigger plants like the ca and mg and will cannabalize fans if they don't get enough. I like to mix garden gypsum into my coco before potting and add epsom salts to the top of media as needed to help combat this.

Thank you for your response. Should I add Epsom salts to my reservoir or increase my nutrient solution? It does contain magnesium and calcium but maybe not enough?

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

I agree with @Entropy looks like light stress first pic. Next guess is potassium deficiency. And with a plant that big its likely.

Second pic looks like calcium spots.

Mag deficiency starts at the oldest leaves. Calcium newer leaves.

Thanks for your response. What do you think of adding Epsom salt to clear this deficiency?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ph perfect nutrients. Designed for RO if you are having nutrient issues then here is what I would look at.

Throw your ph meter away (not literally)

When was the last res change done?

Feed at full strength or at least 600-800pp. For thise plants as they dont work well in low concentrations.

Are you having root issues? Found smell signs of root decay etc. Judging from the plants i don't think so.

Do not add other nutrients to PH perfect without knowing the interactions as these aren't like most nutrients.

Never attempt to Ph adjust PH perfect. Just change the res when things go out of whack and make sure to use 600+ppm so they can balance ph properly.

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Ph perfect nutrients. Designed for RO if you are having nutrient issues then here is what I would look at.

Throw your ph meter away (not literally)

When was the last res change done?

Feed at full strength or at least 600-800pp. For thise plants as they dont work well in low concentrations.

Are you having root issues? Found smell signs of root decay etc. Judging from the plants i don't think so.

Do not add other nutrients to PH perfect without knowing the interactions as these aren't like most nutrients.

Never attempt to Ph adjust PH perfect. Just change the res when things go out of whack and make sure to use 600+ppm so they can balance ph properly.

Hello and thanks for your help. Last res change was one week ago. Roots smell and look good. I only recently started increasing the ppm 1-2 weeks ago. From 300-400 ppm to 800-1200 ppm. So Maybe I’m seeing deficiencies that started weeks ago only now and this is probably due to the inadequate amount of nutrients I was initially using? I’ll be going over there later today to check on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom