Can you top and SCROG?

• Thread starter Jayvelo86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

Can you do topping and SCROG to get more Yield out of my grow and when is a good time to start the SCROG
Can you top and scrog

Can you top and scrog 2

CF89

CF89

whats the point of the screen? it is just a way of training the plant/holding it down?

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

whats the point of the screen? it is just a way of training the plant/holding it down?
So basically just SCROG my plants and don't topp which will give a bigger yield the topping or SCROG?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would suggest both. Topping and scrogging I was able to pull 2lbs from a 4x4 area. Now of course there is a lot more to it than that. But imo they go well together and give a very good control over a nice even canopy. I would top twice then tuck up until the end of the first week of flower. From there on just let them go.

Just what I found works well for me.

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

I would suggest both. Topping and scrogging I was able to pull 2lbs from a 4x4 area. Now of course there is a lot more to it than that. But imo they go well together and give a very good control over a nice even canopy. I would top twice then tuck up until the end of the first week of flower. From there on just let them go.

Just what I found works well for me.
When you refer as more to it can u enlight me more and 2lb per plant ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you refer as more to it can u enlight me more and 2lb per plant ?
4 plants in a 4x4" grow space. I ran high light, co2, in RDWC. There is a lot that contributes to the yield not just space and much more than I listed. Most importantly how healthy you keep the plants

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

Yeah 4sq ft per plant. Top after 5th node and at that time remove the bottom node. Then set the net about a foot over the top of the pots. Keep tucking till about 3/4 full then flip and tuck for 1 more week
What u mean flip and tuck ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What u mean flip and tuck ?
Change lights to 12/12 then continue bending (tucking) the branches back under the net for 1 more week. If you Google or search about there are lots of videos to show how to tuxk them. Basically you force all growth to stay under the net growing sideways until 1 week after flip. The plant will grow up through the net and you just tuck it back undwr as this happens. This will give you a very nice flat even canopy of bud sites.

I like to use 3.5" spacing for the netting it gives enough space to tuck without to much issues of worrying about breaking branches.

Leave yourself space to work around the net and be able to clean up under there as needed. I suggest 4 plants to a 4x4 and separate nets if you are truly going to scrogg and not just put up trellis support.

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

Change lights to 12/12 then continue bending (tucking) the branches back under the net for 1 more week. If you Google or search about there are lots of videos to show how to tuxk them. Basically you force all growth to stay under the net growing sideways until 1 week after flip. The plant will grow up through the net and you just tuck it back undwr as this happens. This will give you a very nice flat even canopy of bud sites.

I like to use 3.5" spacing for the netting it gives enough space to tuck without to much issues of worrying about breaking branches.

Leave yourself space to work around the net and be able to clean up under there as needed. I suggest 4 plants to a 4x4 and separate nets for each 4x4 if you are truly going to scrogg and not just put up trellis support.
Got u thanks man I do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

4 plants in a 4x4" grow space. I ran high light, co2, in RDWC. There is a lot that contributes to the yield not just space and much more than I listed. Most importantly how healthy you keep the plants
This is the direction I'm heading in.

This might be a dumb question...

Lets say your plants grow faster than expected, and you will be filling up the 4x4 too much by the time you flip, is there anything stopping you from just cutting back/topping the plant to prevent it from overgrowing your space?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Do both!! Lol
Top a couple of time before the trellis. Lol

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I think one solution, and the best solution, is the simplest solution.

And that is to just cut them back a little extra a couple of weeks before flipping to 12/12.

Top Bottom