Can you top dress organic nutrients into autopots?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I am looking at growing auto plants in coco coir with perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots in autopots with 2 plants in veg and 2 plants in flowering in the tent that I want to have all on one reservoir so I want mostly only water in the reservoir. I am looking at the dr earth dry amendments with the dr earth veg/tomato and flower girl 2-9-4 then have calmag with silicon liquid nutrients and drip clean in the reservoir to bottom feed the plants with the autopots on there.

The plan is to do like 70% of the 4-6-3 to 30% of the 2-9-4 in the pot to start the grow then in 3 weeks top dress with 50-50 of the 4-6-3 and 2-9-4 then in 3 weeks top dress with 30-70 of the 4-6-3 and 2-9-4 on there.

Can you top dress in autopots? Would that work when I need to put more nutrients into the pots with the plants? I would rather not have to do teas on there.

ravenchief

ravenchief

I am looking at growing auto plants in coco coir with perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots in autopots with 2 plants in veg and 2 plants in flowering in the tent that I want to have all on one reservoir so I want mostly only water in the reservoir. I am looking at the dr earth dry amendments with the dr earth veg/tomato and flower girl 2-9-4 then have calmag with silicon liquid nutrients and drip clean in the reservoir to bottom feed the plants with the autopots on there.

The plan is to do like 70% of the 4-6-3 to 30% of the 2-9-4 in the pot to start the grow then in 3 weeks top dress with 50-50 of the 4-6-3 and 2-9-4 then in 3 weeks top dress with 30-70 of the 4-6-3 and 2-9-4 on there.

Can you top dress in autopots? Would that work when I need to put more nutrients into the pots with the plants? I would rather not have to do teas on there.
I want to know the same thing -
I think I will send an email to Autopot support - I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I'm growing in coco with autopots. The top layer stays moist but I wouldn't expect dry amendments to make it to the roots much. I've added about an inch promix topping which stays really dry and have no bug problems at all.

If you do teas the volume would have to be low enough to not overflow the pots once it makes it to the bottom tray.

DSC05133a
ravenchief

ravenchief

I heard back from Autopot USA - they say that dry amendments top dressing won't get to the roots unless you top watered - so long as you are only using living soil and the autopot as a water only they no problem but if you are running synthetics then the salts wic to the top and top watering will push them to the roots which could cause damage and problems. You can administer things through the trays and turning the system off for a feeding.

Top Bottom