Can you use organic Molasses in an aeroflo aeroponics system

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

Or is there something else i can use to fatten my girls up during the 4 week of flower. I am using bud candy at 2.5 ml per gallon but i have not seen any difference. Please help for i am a newbie and this is my first grow lol. Thanks all.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Ha Ha!! Great question!!! A few years ago i attempted to use it my aero system and after a few days, it began fermenting!! You could actually smeel the alcohol being produced!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rot began to set in my roots. Covered in slime.Real bad situation. I did alot of pruning and rinsing. Cleaned the shit outta my res and when I set it back up I added hydrogen peroxide to further eliminate the bacteria. id have to check the logue archieves to get the PPM on the HP. But after a week or so of shock, they did recover! Great harvest of Sour D and Strawberry Cough. Actually one of my best yields came from that F'd up garden!!! but i wouldnt recommend using anything that wasnt meant for growning, when using hydro systems of any sort. I know things like Budcandy, BigBud or Overdrive are expensive, but they do increase quality and yield without the dangers that I encountered. Been using them ever since with no problems and Topshelf results. Goodluck and i hope this was useful bro.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah I dont even out molasses in my ebb/flow res - I hand water it in when I use it

its not something thats gonna really fatten up your buds anyhow

and Im confused by when you say 4 weeks of flower

some bigbud powder might be what your looking for

T

tipper619sd

Perfect thanks yall

I really appreciate it i was gonna try it but now i have seen the red flag and i am slowly backing away. Also to the questions, I was saying i am in the 4th week of flower and wanted to find a way to increase size and density. I will be looking into the bud powder and was wondering if there were any other product that would work with GH nutes. Thank you guys and I really am starting to love this forum.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

if ya wana keep the molasses, go floralicious, like 10% if i rememeber right, it runs clean, and it a gen hydro product
if ya wana stick specifially gen hydro, try some kool bloom. big bud powder or liquid will treat you good as well
id get some zone in there quick, others have had good luck with sm90 as well

T

tipper619sd

zone ? never heard of that . Also with having 3 to 5 weeks left ( depending on strains) Should i go and buy any of these products or is it too late? thanks for all your help THC FAmers.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

zone ? never heard of that . Also with having 3 to 5 weeks left ( depending on strains) Should i go and buy any of these products or is it too late? thanks for all your help THC FAmers.

dutchmaster zone should just kill most bacteria
if your root zone is good and your budget is tight i wouldnt worry about it
doesnt mesh good with certain nutrients, so read up a lil before you throw it in there

the aeroflos are a whole different beast, really just a s.o.g. undercurrent system

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/?language=english&page=product&product=ZONE

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I really appreciate it i was gonna try it but now i have seen the red flag and i am slowly backing away. Also to the questions, I was saying i am in the 4th week of flower and wanted to find a way to increase size and density. I will be looking into the bud powder and was wondering if there were any other product that would work with GH nutes. Thank you guys and I really am starting to love this forum.
Koolbloom, liquid or powder (they're slightly different products, the powder has N, liquid has none). I like to use it (or the Big Bud powder) every ten days or so, but others will push it harder.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

IMHO and first hand experience, nothing even slightly organic should go into an aeroflo system's reservoir. Also, you shouldn't use air stones either. Both of these practices lead to bacterial growth that will mess you up. Use 1 tsp/gal Kool bloom liquid from the beginning of week 3 until the week before you start your flush. Then switch over to .5 tsp/gal powdered kool bloom for the last week. KB works great but if you over do it, or use the powder too early it could stress your plants and cause them to herm/seed. Be sure to flush for at least 7 days with plain tap water (you don't even have to ph it).

Also, Ionic (bloom + boost) and floranova (bloom only) are great one part base nutrients for the aeroflo system. Ionic OR Floranova 1 part base nutrient and KoolBloom additive is ALL you need for a killer harvest.

You picked a hell of a machine for your introduction to hydroponics, lol. Good luck.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow...! I use 1/4tsp/5gals of the powdered KB... I'd have to look at my notes again for the liquid rates I liked. I haven't found powdered KB to cause hermying, stressing or even revegging when used as a final booster at those rates, but I've done 'pushed too much N too late in flower' fuck up, so I don't even want to risk that mistake again. I usually switch to liquid only as one of the last feeds/boosts prior to dropping EC hard and chop.

I also really like Floranova Bloom (alternate with light feedings if you can, I'm a DTW gal, no recirc), but a word of caution--ONLY wear clothes that you don't care about when you get to shakin' that bottle thang. It's the true opposite of bleach, and it's gotta be shook.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Yeah, so you're running close to the same npk value as the liquid with your dry sounds like. Definitely the more economical way to go. Using the liquid is paying for water/convenience. Which I find myself guilty of frequently.

T

tipper619sd

well i appreciate all the help. I am gonna just run my hydroplex a lil stronger and use my MOAB one week earlier . So far i have seen what you mean about watching the strength. I had to add more water and watch a lot more carefully. I had my tips burning so i knew the water was being used and my dumb mistake was to mix a 5 gal bucket with 1/2 percent nutes and another tsp of MOAB and i really had to add phd r/o water back into res to keep my pH stable. I know understand and my garden is doing pretty well. I haven't seen increase in bud size nor density but i have seen more pistils forming instantly overnight and hopefully that's sign for fatter nug reproduction. I will be posting new pics in a few days> I really appreciate everyone's help with me on this thread i needed all of your inputs equally. Also I have two air stones in my res and haven't had any bacteria build up checked my roots and they are looking about the same. Were u saying build up in res or on roots? Thanks again enjoy your day and don't forget to smile.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Also I have two air stones in my res and haven't had any bacteria build up checked my roots and they are looking about the same. Were u saying build up in res or on roots? Thanks again enjoy your day and don't forget to smile.

airstones have minimal benefit/harm potentional in this system
DO levels are crazy in these things, i have yet to see another system that provides this kind of oxygen in the water with no assistance from airstones. the "waterfall" that occurs when the arms drain back into the rez is basically the best thing you can do to get oxygen in your water. anytime your adding stuff with alot of enzymes/bacteria just do it a couple days before your rez change, it will help control the bacterial growth from exploding.

throw a link up when you get a grow log going, i love to see other farmers using these systems.

T

tipper619sd

OK i will remember that thanks for the wisdom . I haven't had any bacteria at all but i will look out for it. I have a grow log dont remember where it is i am still a noob on this. Um im sure you can click on my name and check for all post by me. Besides that i am in week 5 right now of flower and could use a lot of help this is my first grow.

T

tipper619sd

also do you fllush with just water or do i stay with phd r/o water

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

also do you fllush with just water or do i stay with phd r/o water

with my aero's i do a 3 day flush with 3 rez changes per day. straight un-ph'ed ro water. if you set on doing a longer flush id leave 1/2 nutes in til the last couple days.
with these systems its not about flush time, its about getting the salts off the roots and outa there. everything will flush out QUICK once that happens

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

Stick with the bud bandy.. Ive never seen frostier flowers from an aero and bud candy nice 68 degrees chiller

T

tipper619sd

I have stuck with the bud candy but its week 6 and i have stopped using it. I am using MOAB right now and keeping up on my garden so they dont burn. Also With the 3 day flush ur saying us plain r/o water cause its ph is 8.0 wont that hurt the plants ?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dam that is a lil high. might wana bring it down a lil

the ph is just to help with nutrient absortion, and theres nothing for the plant to absorb. same idea as not ph'ing a azatrol or floramite spray.

keep the bud candy in there if you can, even with your moab. nows when it is going to have the most positive effect. just watch you ppms. the bud candy shouldnt bring them up too much as long as your not using crazy amounts of it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have stuck with the bud candy but its week 6 and i have stopped using it. I am using MOAB right now and keeping up on my garden so they dont burn. Also With the 3 day flush ur saying us plain r/o water cause its ph is 8.0 wont that hurt the plants ?
There is something wrong with your RO unit if the pH is that high.

Top Bottom