Canaries in the coalmine

• Thread starter HeisenBOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

So to supplement our security we've got 2 people living in the house who don't know about the growtent. We're keeping it a secret simply to use them as canaries, eg: if they notice a smell, hear fan noises and get suspicious, or find out, we know our security needs improving. Them finding out wouldn't be an issue, but we'd like to keep them in the dark for security purposes and, as said, so we have a canary safety net.

Anyone else using the canary system?

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Sounds to me a lil bit like having a fall guy, a guy for shit to fall on when and if shit hits the fan. I know you gotta do what you gotta do somtimes for security purposes but any and all personal at the residence will be held responsible untill it all gets played out infront of a judge. I think any and all parties living in a grow operation should be advised of such operation for safty of fire and all kinds of shit. Dont you have any solids in your circle that could possibly help with smell checks, sound checks and such. Dont get me wrong dude I have done way worse and would never judge another in any situation at all in regards to growing cannabis.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I agree with OrganicGanja this dose seem like a reasonable thing to do and sounds like it would be a great idea but to put others at risk for your own gain is unfair to the people in the dark. They may not want you growing in an area where they live for personal safety reasons such as fear of arrest or not wanting one of their friends or family to know they are involved in such a place...... Now I do understand you said that if they found out it wouldn't be a problem so I assume this wouldn't be the case but there are a lot of other aspects to not telling them they are living in a grow that you should contemplate before you continue and they find out and don't like that they were lied to for so long

Top Bottom