Cancer Survivor Wanting To Start First Grow

• Thread starter Evil Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi I'm a recent Burkitt lymphoma survivor. During my treatment I rediscovered an old friend. It had been 15 years since I last smoked. I was surprised to how it really helped me get through my treatments. What is a good beginners strain. My favorites have been platinum Girl Scout cookies, blue cheese, Jack the Ripper, Sour Diesel, and Grandaddy purp. All the different strains intrigue me, the ways plants can be crossed to create a new species of cannabis. My background is in building controls for hvac and lighting for hospitals. When I found out how major growers are using the same systems I use I was like ......wow I do that. I'm interested in learning the proper ways to grow these marvels of nature.

incogneato

incogneato

I've heard white widow and blue dream are very forgiving but there are tons of strains out there that can survive new growers lol. Most seed banks will put that in the description of the strain as one of the traits. Best of luck and welcome to the farm.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I've heard white widow and blue dream are very forgiving but there are tons of strains out there that can survive new growers lol. Most seed banks will put that in the description of the strain as one of the traits. Best of luck and welcome to the farm.

I've seen the white widow but have never tried or spoke to anyone personally who tasted it. Will have to make a note to investigate more. Thanks

incogneato

incogneato

I've seen the white widow but have never tried or spoke to anyone personally who tasted it. Will have to make a note to investigate more. Thanks
It a classic strain, really good smoke imo. Never grown it but its supposed to be easy to grow, great yields and good resin production. That being said there are millions of strains out there these days. Good luck with your search and congrats on beating the beast!

incogneato

incogneato

Yea the more I read the more impressed I am with the knowledge on here. Ive tried planning for my first grow. Space is an issue so will go with a tent. Mostly likely a 600kw light. I'll take all suggestions
I'm just getting started on my first grow. Im in a 4x4 tent myself. Gonna be 600w for veg and 600w hps for flower. I studied this stuff for almost 2 years before I got started and I still feel like its trial by fire haha. Best thing to do is read, ask questions and get started as soon as you can. No better way to learn than to get your hands dirty. There is a wealth of knowledge here, you just have to decide what style of grow interests you and give it a shot. Feel free to watch me stumble my way through my first run and avoid all of the mistakes I make:D:love1::nailbiting:

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks I'm already there bro. I've read a thread of yours lol. Studying now and buy a little hear and there so wife's pocket book not hurting to much. She complains too much already no need and giving extra ammo:cool:

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks I'm already there bro. I've read a thread of yours lol. Studying now and buy a little hear and there so wife's pocket book not hurting to much. She complains too much already no need and giving extra ammo:cool:
Don't I know it brotha. That's the main reason it took me so long to get started. I still have a few things I'll need in a few weeks but I also have a wife that's less than enthusiastic about me blowing $$ on grow supplies. You can get into it for pretty cheap if you do a micro grow with CFL's or a t5 unit

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
It's hard to look at that and go why can't I grow this lol. That's what's I keep telling mine. She just shakes her head hahahaha. She doesn't smoke but was 100% behind me token up again. She told my doctors straight up its better than anything thing else. And they agreed.

incogneato

incogneato

It's hard to look at that and go why can't I grow this lol. That's what's I keep telling mine. She just shakes her head hahahaha. She doesn't smoke but was 100% behind me token up again. She told my doctors straight up its better than anything thing else. And they agreed.
That's some hairy mary but I bet you could grow better. I gotta agree that mj is natures medicine

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Finally ordered some starters:

5 royal purple fem
5 Liberty haze
2 blue mammoth auto freebie
2 jack horror
1 killer Kush auto freebie

Since it's my first grow should I use the autos first in a sog config for practice or just jump to the liberty or Royal purp. And can you scrog a auto?

incogneato

incogneato

Finally ordered some starters:

5 royal purple fem
5 Liberty haze
2 blue mammoth auto freebie
2 jack horror
1 killer Kush auto freebie

Since it's my first grow should I use the autos first in a sog config for practice or just jump to the liberty or Royal purp. And can you scrog a auto?
What's your grow space look like? I don't have any experience with autos but from what I do know you would probably be better off just letting them bush out with little training.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Well hope u the best on your journeys I'm new myself well first grow indoor and I jus started with some bagseeds I saved and I have some white widow seeds so I'll keep u updated when I do them if I pop them b4 you do

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea the more I read the more impressed I am with the knowledge on here. Ive tried planning for my first grow. Space is an issue so will go with a tent. Mostly likely a 600kw light. I'll take all suggestions
a 600 w is a great light for a tent. Good choice. It will be easier and more efficient when it comes to ventilating and cooling your tent. And you can get respectable yields with this wattage. The 600 w bulb is way more efficient than a 1000 w. If good sound growing and gardening info is what you seek, you have come to the right place.

Welcome to the Farm :smoking:

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom