Canna Brick Coco

• Thread starter Pimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

I use to use Readygro Moisture loose bag coir. Been using the Canna brick lately. Its just as good as loose Canna or Readygro but much cheaper. But lately ive been having a few problems. Ive been rehydrating the bricks rite in the bag with either cns 17 or Ionic grow at about 1.2 ec (this is including my 0.2 tap water). Young rooted cuts do fine at first but as they mature They get very purple stems and petioles. Leaf margin chlorosis. Iam thinking calcium or magnesium. So i bump that up....it does no good. Now iam thinking magnesium. And its being locked from the potassium thats inherently in coir plus the amount in Ionic at 3-1-5. Do any of you use canna brick and if so how do you prep it? Do you use a mild base nutrient when soaking the bricks? Plain water? Or calmag? Need help. My chem and glue looks like shit.

G gnome

G gnome

I use to use Readygro Moisture loose bag coir. Been using the Canna brick lately. Its just as good as loose Canna or Readygro but much cheaper. But lately ive been having a few problems. Ive been rehydrating the bricks rite in the bag with either cns 17 or Ionic grow at about 1.2 ec (this is including my 0.2 tap water). Young rooted cuts do fine at first but as they mature They get very purple stems and petioles. Leaf margin chlorosis. Iam thinking calcium or magnesium. So i bump that up....it does no good. Now iam thinking magnesium. And its being locked from the potassium thats inherently in coir plus the amount in Ionic at 3-1-5. Do any of you use canna brick and if so how do you prep it? Do you use a mild base nutrient when soaking the bricks? Plain water? Or calmag? Need help. My chem and glue looks like shit.
Its not the bricks thats causin it. Try steppin up the nutes in general. Lil epsom salt at 1/4 tsp per gal wudnt hurt neither. ....

Best o luck

P

Pimples

Yeah i transplanted then into 2 gallon root pots and watered them with 1.6 ec (0.2 is tap water) of ionic grow and they look rough now. Thought it was u underfeed. 6.0 ph. Almost sure its mag. I got to break that buffer that i created i think. Got to wait for them to drg a little. If i could post pics...wow. They look bad.

P

Pimples

Do you know what ec or ppm a quarter tspn of epsom is at? I got a liquid bottle of mag sulphate from Humboldt Coutys Own. Forget the name. I hardly use it. I dont think its calcium problem....just mag. And the i think too much cal (x nutrients at 0.2 on top of 0.2 tap water ) was locking out mag. Plenty of cal in cns17 and ionic. Its all wonky. From me soaking the bricks with nutes and calmag initially.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Id just flush it right through.you cant beat the flora kleen for times like these.gets all salts out.fresh canvas...

P

Pimples

The two lf the four (one c4 and one gg) i just gave 2.5 gallons each of 110 tap. 60 mag sulphate (Hco Magnum). 670 CNS17 Grow 3-1-2. 10 pH down. Total of 850 ppm on the 500 conversion scale. Ph 6.0. Runoff on these was close to input. Iam going to let these sit and dry out a little (actually alot - thier soaked) and see if they look better than the other 2 in the back (another c4 and gg). They are under 6 bulb 4 ft t5 on 24 hours a day. I know its from me dicking around with soaking the canna bricks at first. Does anyone add anything to thier water prior to soaking and expanding dry coco coir bricks? Or do you use just straight water? I never had problems before. I used to just expand them in a mild base nutrient around 500 ppm or 1.0EC at 6.0 pH. But i cant remember what the hell i did this time. I will eventually get them looking good and thriving but rite now iam chasing my tail. Rookie shit and iam far from a rookie.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

I cant post pics on tbis sthpid phone. But i edited my post so i can see what iam typing.

P

Pimples

I prolly could post pics but i never have and dont know how.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I always rehydrate with clear water and when I transplant I water to run off the first few times, same strength feed as flower. pretty sure canna and lots of others rehydrate with a VERY light calcium nitrate solution prior to bagging but I'm not 100% sure.

P

Pimples

Canna charges to 0.3 EC according to the label. Do you know the tap water ec and ph that you use for wetting the bricks? I been adding light base grow nute to 1.0 - 1.2. with a little Greenfuse root stimulator added to water and pH down to 6.0 to soak and expand my bricks. This time i think i added nutrients calmag also. I got problems. Chlorotic leaves...VERY purple blood red stems.

Last edited:
Migrower83

Migrower83

Had the same thing happen with a canna brick about 3 weeks ago when I did the rest of them after that I just used tap water ph 5.8 didn't have the problem I let the pots dry out for 2 days so the roots would go searching feed to run off everything was fine I believe the first one I over wet the brick and had no oxygen to roots

P

Pimples

Migrower thank you. Thank you very much. I been sitting here watching a good movie (The Big Short - highly suggested) and was wondering just wetting the bricks next time with at the most 50ppm of cal mag with my 110 ppm water. Or even just plain water.

P

Pimples

Keeping new transplants in wet cold coir definitely screws phosphorus all up and magnesium too. I kinda knew this and its common sense. Iam just going to leave these sickly gals alone for a couple weeks....wait for that medium to dry. Slap a big heat mat under the t5 and keep the bottom nice and toasty warm. All snuggly like. They will come around. They always do. Just takes forever when I fucked with them this bad. Growth is horrible. Leaves arw chlorotic and blood purple stems.

Migrower83

Migrower83

That's probably the best thing you could do in my opinion , I am veging a glue rite now was told it's the real deal but have to wait and see .... I used that hco magnum before didn't like it much I switched to cutting edge mag amped way better product have no idea why but seemed like my yield went up a little and flowers were denser same strains same conditions I have ran a ton of hco's products all of them actually really dislike them and there 3 part sucks as far as I'm concerned horrible end result !

P

Pimples

Well i think i know what the problem was. When soaking bricks with my 110ppm tap water i nust add 50 or so ppm of calmag. Nithing more. Water them in once transplanted with mild base nute and they will be fine. I flushed the sickliest looking ones with 50) ppm ionic grow and root stimulator ph 5.9 and they are starting to dry out and look way better. Leaves are still chlorotic and stems still blood purple but at least i got positive phototropism now. Leave are "praying" towards the light. Whereas before they just looked sad. I sometimes forget the keep it simple rule. Presoaking brick coir with full strength nutes and cal mag is a no go. I should of known that.

Migrower83

Migrower83

That's awesome that you got it straightened it out ! I really like the canna bricks and the nutes the shit grows explosive !

Latest posts

Top Bottom