• Tagged users None
C

cannasaurus

Whole flower Cannabis Capsules
Cannabis capsules

Efficient, Cheap, safe?

Cannabis Flower

0 size vegetable capsule

Grinder (Coffee Grinder does it finer and Faster)

Decarboxylation tools

Gloves (nitrile or latex)

15% CBD flower makes 25mg CBD capsules
with high THC you might want to use a smaller capsule

Decarb method works well:

Pyrex measuring Cup

in boiling water in pot on stove

Flower will be @185F (Water 212F)

Make a big line on a plate and side scoop and finger pack ground decarboxylated flower into capsule and put on cap

London bud

London bud

That's nuts, seems like a waste of good bud though, I like to burn it up and stink the place out :smoking: I'm only interested in the thc though but for medicinal use that's clever shit, how much weight does each capsule hold?

Erick31876

Erick31876

Here's another place to get your card from I've used them myself, they are quite reliable and the process is fast so you shouldn't worry if you are in the area and you want to get your medicine quickly.
I just checked that site out. It is only for California and Nevada.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You need more heat to decarb properly. Ive done a ton of experimenting with decarboxylation and had my results lab tested. Bake the pot in the oven at 260F for 50 min. The hot water bath isnt going to cut it.

In all the testing I've done 220F just isnt high enough. Done in the oven at 240 for 1.5hrs, 250 for an hour, 260 for 50 min, Ive even had good results with 280 for 45 min. Those temps will decarb properly.

This is a super concentrated MCT oil I made and I decarbed the product in the oven at 260F for 50 min. You will see nearly complete conversion and almost no CBN. And yes, lol it's almost 300mg THC per ml of MCT oil. It was further diluted from this point obviously. One drop of it on my tongue at this strength and I was blazed all night.

20190224 001339

20190224 001309
Last edited:
Erick31876

Erick31876

You need more heat to decarb properly. Ive done a ton of experimenting with decarboxylation and had my results lab tested. Bake the pot in the oven at 260F for 50 min. The hot water bath isnt going to cut it.

In all the testing I've done 220F just isnt high enough. Done in the oven at 240 for 1.5hrs, 250 for an hour, 260 for 50 min, Ive even had good results with 280 for 45 min. Those temps will decarb properly.

This is a super concentrated MCT oil I made and I decarbed the product in the oven at 260F for 50 min. You will see nearly complete conversion and almost no CBN. And yes, lol it's almost 300mg THC per ml of MCT oil. It was further diluted from this point obviously. One drop of it on my tongue at this strength and I was blazed all night.

View attachment 858459
How much oil do you use per ounce of bud? I have read 1 cup, and also a half cup. Also how do you figure out the dosage? This is confusing because of the percentage is different with each strain, etc. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have had good results with 1 cup per ounce. But I would like to have an accurate dose.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How much oil do you use per ounce of bud? I have read 1 cup, and also a half cup. Also how do you figure out the dosage? This is confusing because of the percentage is different with each strain, etc. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have had good results with 1 cup per ounce. But I would like to have an accurate dose.

I dont do it that way. Because the only way to know for sure is test your pot in a lab, or trial and error.. The difference between 15% and 25% thc is quite a bit. And people dont realize how much variation there actually is in a given strain. The LPs I know can have the same pot come out anywhere from 18-27% depending on the grow.

I like dealing with absolutes. Tangible numbers I can multiply and divide. What i used to do (but dont anymore because of the stiff penalties in Canada now) is make a qwiso extract from the pot. We lab tested that and it usually came back at 85-90% cannabinoid. Now I do it with bubble hash that is 55-65%. I just take the cured extract and decarb it in the oven. then mix that with sunflower lecithin and MCT oil for edibles and drops, or coconut oil for capsules. It's easy to do the math because I know I'll have say, 8500mg THC per gram of extract used.

But to answer the question.. Do the math, say a strain has a THC% of 20, an ounce would be 5600mg of cannabinoid. assume roughly 15% loss to extraction you're at about 4700mg.
Assume you soak that ounce in a cup of coconut oil and manage to extract 220ml return, that would assume an extraction of roughly 20mg/ml of coconut oil.

..maybe lol.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I dont do it that way. Because the only way to know for sure is test your pot in a lab, or trial and error.. The difference between 15% and 25% thc is quite a bit. And people dont realize how much variation there actually is in a given strain. The LPs I know can have the same pot come out anywhere from 18-27% depending on the grow.

I like dealing with absolutes. Tangible numbers I can multiply and divide. What i used to do (but dont anymore because of the stiff penalties in Canada now) is make a qwiso extract from the pot. We lab tested that and it usually came back at 85-90% cannabinoid. Now I do it with bubble hash that is 55-65%. I just take the cured extract and decarb it in the oven. then mix that with sunflower lecithin and MCT oil for edibles and drops, or coconut oil for capsules. It's easy to do the math because I know I'll have say, 8500mg THC per gram of extract used.

But to answer the question.. Do the math, say a strain has a THC% of 20, an ounce would be 5600mg of cannabinoid. assume roughly 15% loss to extraction you're at about 4700mg.
Assume you soak that ounce in a cup of coconut oil and manage to extract 220ml return, that would assume an extraction of roughly 20mg/ml of coconut oil.

..maybe lol.
Thank you for your help. Its greatly appreciated.

J

josephjordan

Thank you a lot for your article. This is a really big and good job. Hope I will see the same content in the future. Also, learn about this . Maybe it will help you in your job. What do you think about this strain? Send me please your feedback.

J

Jacobson

Cannabis capsules are one of the newest products on the medicinal cannabis market. Capsules can be useful for patients as they are discrete and can help minimize the stigma associated with medicinal cannabis consumed via vaporization or smoking.

These products come in varying potencies and varieties depending on which licensed producer makes them. Currently, licensed producers are selling oil-based capsules (Cannimed, MedReleaf, Tilray, Tweed Main Street) and decarboxylated cannabis which can be used to produce your own capsules (Hydropothecary).

When starting with cannabis capsules it is best to follow the golden rule of titration, “start low and go slow.” Much like cannabis oils, capsules also vary in potency and the licensed producer you are registered with may carry several varieties of capsules with varying strengths. When purchasing capsules patients should consider whether the product is THC dominant, CBD dominant, or a mixture of the two. They should also consider the potency specific amount of each cannabinoid in each capsule.

Remember that ingested cannabis will affect you differently than inhaled cannabis. For those patients who are starting a new product we recommend starting at a lower dose than you are accustomed to in order to account for any differences between products prior to titrating up your dose.

Kiwichick

Kiwichick

Google wakeandbake.co she has a dosage calculator. Easiest one I’ve come across.

Latest posts

Top Bottom