Cannabis Origin/DNA. Cali Elite Strains: Tahoe, Larry, SFV and breeding

• Thread starter Luk E Bag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Best og breeder for stability and potency

• Total voters
L

Luk E Bag

MtGrownCanna, you and I obviously got our low potency faux cuts from the same joker. We also apparently have the same testing company. Small world? Coincidence? More than likely our shared experience would be viewed as a consensus. If only some benevolent cult leader would recruit us into their fold. Then we could receive the real cuts, but not until we are thetan free and have reached the appropriate degree of attainment....
Its cool mang..You used to go to PNC right? You got some good chem d..and the real white from krome. Was your fav cut called blueberry martian? Still an ok choice/ Im trolling right now but speaking the truth...what are you growing. Can I get a pic? Thats what this thread is for..

L

Luk E Bag

I'm not into using thc% as marketing tools. There are way to many bloated numbers floating around out there. It's really kind of funny. Some of the best pot I've smoked ever has been under 10%. Obviously there is something else going on psychoactively speaking. Anyone with any chemistry background knows how varied ms/gc results can be. Simple changes in sample preparation can result in huge percentage changes. Before the testing company I use got the hang of there gear shit was testing in the upper twenties. Once they had the procedure down most strains hit around 10 to 12%, some were 14% and the highest was 18%. That's down from mostly in the mid to high twenties. Same cut, room and harvest. Just more efficient results. Sometimes ten runs are used to compile an average. I prefer lots of tests for a statistical analysis. The last thing I want to do is get my science skewed by some lab that distorts their numbers just to get customers. Ethics being what they are in this business, lots of less discerning customers would prefer a testing facility based on faulty data. That's not too scientific. What do I know, all the cuts in Seattle,Portland and Eugene are fakes I'm learning. All hail Californian overlords. Suck suck gag....
Yeah. You're right. My trinity from eugene back in 1999 was one of my fav's. We crossed it with g-13, p-91, bullrider and the dreaded sfv og. I did get a 27% blue dream at my club and it did nothing for me while a tahoe I abosed that came in at 20-22% put my dick in the dirt. If you're PNW then you guys have the green light to let it go. I think the same op in Cali.."Cloneville" has clones up there...granted theyre second rate to PO or PNC but...go get some. The old school og, sfv, b real og and cookies they have are bomb and in Seattle! Get some!

L

Luk E Bag

You cant go wrong with Sin City gear, Dont miss out on that Tangerine Power, Its my favorite and my "mint" pheno Sinmint Cookie are two must have keepers...
Yeah buddy. Sin city gear has all been niiiice! I think you missed on some of the best tho...rappers delight and blue power are monster potent. If you like the cookies get the og forum cut...if you like the cali o get the sour tangie from dna...I soooo much hate to give DNA props but they nailed the sour tangie

symbiote420

symbiote420

Those votes for AS are probably the only peeps who grew his beans! How a new company like Archive is getting more votes than peeps like Karma, RD, or yes ...even Swerve is ridiculous! I don't even see 5 completed grows/reports of Archive's gear on the web yet and he only provides pics of the moms not the actual plants .....so I guess that FaceOff male must be the best thing since sliced bread to make the same moms 10x better than the RD #1, from a guy (Moonshine aka Scott) whose been breeding and on the scene for a minute now? I just want some honest reviews, this propaganda of seedbank smearing seedbank is childish bs to me! Do a side by side grow, blind smoke test or something ....the smear campaigning is what's making me not wanna buy any beans from Archive Seeds!
It's possible some of these cats that fell off a li'l may have went back to the drawing boards and got they shit tight, I've been hearing good things about some of DNA's new gear! I buddy of mine grew Swerve's Affie, I haven't tasted any yet but he's happy with what he's found!

symbiote420

symbiote420

SinCity's a good co. too, I grew out their Happy Nightmare and SourFlame OG .....both were fuego!

zeke

zeke

Calm down Lix A Bag. Nobody's trying to hurt yer butt. It must be tough dealing with Aspergers and all. The alcohol isn't helping either I assume. That coupled with a lack of intelligence must be crippling. I bet if you worked on you, you might of had a nice companion to take home from the bar, er da club. Instead, you went home alone and angry again. Then you decided to be an internet tough guy. Probably a better idea than trying it in real life, I'm sure with that mouth you've been slapped more than a few times at da club. More than likely by your babydaddy for acting like a bitch. Estrogen is a hell of a drug. Luckily I'm a nice little guy(6'2") that understands how crazy bitches be when they got a little liquor in em.

I have spent thousands of dollars and euros on seed. I don't order anything but plane tickets. Went to Holland to get my Dutch stuff, Thailand for my Thai and Cambodia for my Cambodian. I have friends all over California, Oregon and Washington. I can get just about anything I want, just gotta ask. I think that the "forum" cut of GSC is ok. It's not to die for or the end all be all of everything, or really anything I want to breed with. It's ok, even nice and turns purple. The smell and taste just aren't what I would select for. As far as ogs go, I'm not impressed with those either. I'm not saying they are bad, they just don't make me fully erect. Semi maybe. Chem, sour d, headband and Larry make my dick hard. Am I growing any of these at the moment? No. I need to grow more unique strains to avoid the market glut.

The reason I posted in YOUR thread was to add to the discussion about breeding. I'm not here to be a dick or troll. I have better shit to do. I'm just looking for a few like minded folks to discuss common interests. For instance, trinity from Eugene? Late nineties? I had a blueberry trinity from Eugene that was kill. Tasted like the smoothest earthy hash.Mmmn, sweet dirt. That shit was good. Not ok, GOOD. Got it from some metal heads in 99. Wish I still had it.

My favorite cut right now is the UW. I'm know its old and ugly but I fucking love it. I also rock the ATF, old I know. I love the GDP, I won't lie yep Cali. The blue magoo is in there too. Two different g-13 and a hashplant F1 as well. Then there's the Neville's haze and Ortega. Can't forget the pure Thais and Cambodians, no one in Cali has those unless they got the same Tuk Tuk driver. My best stuff of course is my own. UWxKGDP will hold its own anywhere. Then there is my grape skunk. It's og#18xKgdp. Two other breeders work put together, I know. I call that standing on the shoulders of giants. I'm on the f3 with those and they exceed their parentals in every aspect. Straight fake grape odor riding a wave of skunk piss.

Please don't make me photograph my seed collection. It's much too vast of a spread. I hate taking them out of their climate controlled lair unless they are being sown. My grow is only a measly 32 lights so pictures of that would be weak. Besides I'm in the middle of harvesting most of it. Any way this is your thread, so I apologize for offending anyone.

N

nightmarecreature

The SFV is nothing compared to the Poison, Tahoe, Faceoff, Triangle Kush, Skywalker, Ghost. The only thing the SFV has on them is yield, even then its pretty close with some of those cuts.
The Chem D is a good cut but I can't stand the smell, it's like bad morning breath with rotting fruit. I'd still take the OG's over it though. You mentioned the BTY, I run it but not many people have it, they want it because it yields nicely for a OG with a short flowering time.
Also I did try the GTH that tested at 28-29%, your right it was only decent. Those Cups are rigged, who ever pays the most money wins, they never enter anything elite in my eyes EVER!

If you had all these cuts, why are you messing with all these seeds?

Last edited:
lino

lino

luv this thread... an old guy like me cant keep up with you guys using 1.) breeding-in-breeding practices that has existed since the 1st toke of cannabis. I have landrace ruderalis, indicas , and even some sativa that will grow in window like a house plant. OGs and all the herb we've come to love will get sick and , might die under these conditions.
2.) Most cannabis seed embryos are polluted with a high percentages of pathogens and if the strain has been inbred excessively the immunity will dwindle having a negative impact on the plant. To offset this we use chemicals and hi tech equipment while breeding in closets. And in my opinion , then Here is the Biggest part of the problem in trying to stabilize for potency (terpen profile), uniformity, consistency and vigor. The naming conventions were lost about 1979 and were worthless by 1983. I have been trying to work with PHDs on some cannabis projects. Both have decided not to do the project and I feel the majority of the problem was in the nomenclature of cannabis. When scientist, botanist, horticulturist see or use terms like Citrus ×paradisi Macfad. (pro sp.) [maxima × sinensis] this person know within seconds will realize that we are talking about a grape fruit,, especially if he is by his CPU internet. Some professors can take 3 weeks of course study regarding the Nomenclature of plantae and animals. Each Capital letter, italic, period, ()[] , var, CV has meaning. Once you understand this naming you convention you'll see the genus and species and at that moment you might know of the Family of the plants origin also. This naming convention describe breeder and the recognized discover of the Family and Species and down to the specific cultivar and breeder there of....
who the breeder?

Names for cultivars (= cultivated varieties) is more complicated and dictated by another set of rules known as the International Code of Nomenclature for Cultivated Plants, the latest edition published was,,, cant remember off hand but every 4 yrs its updated.

The cultivar name is always added after a valid scientific name at the genus or species level, is not Latinised, is put in single quotes, and is not italicised. ie:
Grevillea 'Robyn Gordon' – a cultivar which is a man-made hybrid between two species Grevillea rosmarinifolia 'Rosy Posy' – a cultivar which is a selected form of a valid species
Grevillea 'Rosy Posy' – is an alternative way of naming this plant, acceptable, but less informative .

Citrus ×paradisi Macfad. (pro sp.) [maxima × sinensis]

Cannabis sativa L. ssp. indica (Lam.) E. Small & Cronquist

Now after ya learn all this shit I'll blow your mind, I've been doing some serious cannabis grafting but I have a far greater reason than most of you who follow me know what I;m doing-
There are also a few special-case hybrids called graft hybrids, where the tissues of two plants are physically rather than genetically mixed. These are indicated by an addition rather than a multiplication sign, soLaburnum + Cytisus becomes + Laburnocytisus. And then it get real technical if you think you got a mutant graft, this is long enough and I think I made my point....

Cannabis in 1976 - Panama Red, Colombian Gold this naming worked. Naming convention went to hell quickly,,, Purple Haze had less meaning than Neville Haze. Now I bring a scientist to this site to describe strains and his face will scrunch up like a raisin. He ask whats OG... I say well in the ol day we took seeds out of the original seed packets, mailing seeds could be very felonious back then and we'd label those seed packets , example Neville Haze, OG ,Am Dam and that meant Original Grower,,, then OG became Original Gangster, and now OG means,,, well I cant tell exactly... the scientist will leave your conversation mentally at this point if ya havent lost him already.... So without a PHD DNA marker expert on our breeding teams we got some bad ass inbred mutts and thats what makes a good cut special and a Super Graft of these even more rare and special.

lino

lino

Ive been grafting cannabis since 1988. Grafting is used in for produce in Super Market, not common but if you keep your eye open you'll see some examples.
Many times you'll see huge hierloom tomatoes,,, How did they do that,,, graft to scion to a very durable root base... this is ol hat and done on trees by man for long time...But then in nature and man made, especially aquatics, you get freak of nature grafts where plant matter has crossed and Combined, Ive seen 1/2 orange/apples.... we've made TomatoBis and here is example of PotatoTomato
http://www.gizmag.com/tomtato-tomato-potato-hybrid-plant/29241/
now here is the cool part bout GMO per say grafts,,, the genes can cross on rare occasions with grafts in nature, mutants, and forced be the hand of man, Kinda got have some luck from a guy named God also to make a Super Graft.. While in college performing some crazy research I stumbled onto some college literature in the creation of the G13. It was a huge experiment that involved many chemical, particle blast of the nuclues, embryo rescued clone and gene modified and more grafts to get to the Super Graft,,, This PHD genius coded his work so no one could discover the gene sequence of his work and this pist the Gov off that he was doing research for and then he got busted with GMO seeds in the mail and this stubborn attitude is what led to his arrest,
So I have never quit breeding, grafting, and killing 1000's of plants with zany experiments, I dont have the knowledge or lab to know where to begin but I've gotten lucky with a cpl super grafts to create tomatoBis and
I can use , grafting and root girdling and stem girdling to create cell elongation that is off the chart to make 1000's of clones of plant quickly. This is what I call Super grafting in control

have a Tahoe and Panama Reds and ol skool G13 that will be going thru graft experiments in mths to come.

Last edited:
ftwendy

ftwendy

Fascinating. The possibilities seem endless... hemp rootmass with a OG scion anybody? Always been a dream of mine. We're in orchard country, and I can't drive past them without thinking about what would happen if X was grafted to Y, and on and on

I believe I've read your posts elsewhere about the possibility/dangers of unexpected mutations when grafting... it was just enough to scare me away from trying it lol. Ever thought about starting a thread about grafting, man? You'd have my attention

lino

lino

Now ya getting where I'm going,,, OGs for me and new cultivars have been week for me,.... I got a male indica that can take cold, buds super quick, and grows like bamboo.... This plant as a root base has blasted pest resistance and grow speed and Size into slow, smaller weaker plants... The problem is cannabis is not easy to graft.... very hard and slow for grafts to take sometimes with some strains, usually not worth the effort,,I have not grown or tried many of these new strains...
got blue dream and tahoe, and a strawberry GSC germinating now... They're Mutt seeds as far as I know . they're out of buds from a dispense...

zeke

zeke

Nice commentary Lino. A guy at MNS has suggested using auto flowering root stock and a long flowering scion like Neville's Haze. His theory is that the auto flower rootstock will influence the long flowering scion to reach maturity sooner. As awesome as that sounds I do not think the idea will work. I don't think that the rootstock would have much if any influence on the scions reaction to daylight lengths. In short, this dog will not hunt.

lino

lino

I have done some work with ruderalis grafting unsuccessfully to this point and have not done it enough to have an opinion... but in general you could very well be correct bout this graft combo most of time. But grafts will do weird stuff every once in a while.. I havnt grafted auto flower's enough to mention commonalities of the grafting influences with these combo's...

ftwendy

ftwendy

I wonder why its so hard to graft cannabis....maybe the soft stems of tender young plants are the problem.

When I think about this, I imagine if sufficiently woody/old growth root stock were mated to an equally woody scion, then the graft might take easier. Tho I have no experience, so it may be the complete opposite (young and tender is better)..... what say you Lino? Are you using the special grafting shears and tape?

zeke

zeke

Hey Lino, I think you need a grafting thread. You should start it if you want. I'm gonna do some grafts and am interested in discussing technique and theory further. That way we're not off topic in luk e bags space. Sorry for the clutter luk E Bags.

lino

lino

Ya sorry E Bags,,, I got on this read wanting know the different stories behind Tahoe origins... Anyone? Opinion on the best source to Tahoe would help me out in my new breeding lines. I graft talk on graft thread or when we get bored later,,, Sorry Bags, in the mean time WTF up with Tahoe origin?

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

My grandma received a lemon tree back in the 50's. It was a lemon tree and grapefruit experimental tree. I don't know which company made it but I have never seen bigger juicer lemons in my life. There was nothing grapefruit about it other than the size. The company that made it folded and one tree was given out, they had other hybrids but she received the only lemon tree. The hybrids were made by Protoplast fusion. Google Protoplast fusion and you understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom