Cannabis photography - CAMERA VS IPHONE 13 PRO MAX

• Thread starter OutlawGusta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OutlawGusta

Hello buddies,
hope this finds everyone well.

At the moment I am thinking on starting a channel with my grows and upcoming legal experiences abroad but I am not sure which camera should I opt to buy.
What I'll mostly record and take pics of is buds, grows, coffeeshops, socialclubs and some sesh spots.
I've seen that Lorenzo from Terpsarmy uses Iphone 13 Pro Max and it's crazy what he can do with it, probably without editing!
I am willing to get it for 1300€ but I was wondering if anyone got any tip slightly cheaper or better for the same price range.

Would love to get some feedback, thank you guys!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello buddies,
hope this finds everyone well.

At the moment I am thinking on starting a channel with my grows and upcoming legal experiences abroad but I am not sure which camera should I opt to buy.
What I'll mostly record and take pics of is buds, grows, coffeeshops, socialclubs and some sesh spots.
I've seen that Lorenzo from Terpsarmy uses Iphone 13 Pro Max and it's crazy what he can do with it, probably without editing!
I am willing to get it for 1300€ but I was wondering if anyone got any tip slightly cheaper or better for the same price range.

Would love to get some feedback, thank you guys!
I've been wanting to upgrade my 30 year old camera and found this list after Googling " Camera for cannabis pics "
A budget list of best DSLR cameras for cannabis photography:
  • Nikon D3500.
  • Canon EOS 4000D.
  • Nikon D5600.
  • Canon EOS 250D.
  • Nikon D7200.
  • Fujifilm X-T100.
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8.

chuck88

chuck88

Not sure if this qualifies are budget but....

I'm currently using a Nikon D7200, can be had for ~ $650 Cdn.

Nikon AF-S DX 16-85mm for ~ $200 Cdn.

Nikon AF 105mm for ~ $250 Cdn ( a + 30 year old lens)

Purple Silverback auto, 105mm lens with studio strobes

Purple Silverback

Gelato Auto

Gelato top closer 13 Apr web

Nikon AF-S DX 16-85mm under 600w HPS, color corrected/edited with Adobe Photoshop Elements 14

Photo bomb reedit 24 Jun

But, even cell phones have come a LONG way recently and put a major dent in my Photography business, sigh....

Tough call nowadays, I'd probably go for a cell phone with a good built in camera. Even my two year old LG K61 has a IPS LCD screen and a 48MP camera !

Cheers

O

OutlawGusta

Not sure if this qualifies are budget but....

I'm currently using a Nikon D7200, can be had for ~ $650 Cdn.

Nikon AF-S DX 16-85mm for ~ $200 Cdn.

Nikon AF 105mm for ~ $250 Cdn ( a + 30 year old lens)

Purple Silverback auto, 105mm lens with studio strobes

View attachment 1256241

Gelato Auto

View attachment 1256242

Nikon AF-S DX 16-85mm under 600w HPS, color corrected/edited with Adobe Photoshop Elements 14

View attachment 1256256

But, even cell phones have come a LONG way recently and put a major dent in my Photography business, sigh....

Tough call nowadays, I'd probably go for a cell phone with a good built in camera. Even my two year old LG K61 has a IPS LCD screen and a 48MP camera !

Cheers

Hey!!
First of all I want to thank both of you for having had replied to my doubt.

I still have a Nikon D3200 that ive put aside for some time, was googling a bit and I read that they recommend this macro lens "

Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor Lens" but it's a lil bit too expensive for me (1000€).

My phones suck at taking photos (HUAWEI p10 and xiaomi mi a3) but they still work fine so Im a bit confused what should I go for. Cam+ lens or just a phone, was trying to gather more info and opinions on what's better as I've seen some closeups with the iPhone 13pro max that are insane, do u think it's possible to achieve the same or better results with a camera and no edition?

chuck88

chuck88

Hey!!
First of all I want to thank both of you for having had replied to my doubt.

I still have a Nikon D3200 that ive put aside for some time, was googling a bit and I read that they recommend this macro lens "

Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor Lens" but it's a lil bit too expensive for me (1000€).

My phones suck at taking photos (HUAWEI p10 and xiaomi mi a3) but they still work fine so Im a bit confused what should I go for. Cam+ lens or just a phone, was trying to gather more info and opinions on what's better as I've seen some closeups with the iPhone 13pro max that are insane, do u think it's possible to achieve the same or better results with a camera and no edition?
The lens I referred to is the version Before VR (vibration reduction) and is at least half the price. Using a tripod will give you the same results.

I still prefer using a DSLR over my phone and I enjoy the editing process.

But if you are really not into photography I would go with a phone !

Most people can't tell the difference between images produced with either device 😉

Cheers

indogrow420

indogrow420

My buddy has a Nikon CoolPix P900 and has macro/super macro capabilities, the quality is spectacular

O

OutlawGusta

The lens I referred to is the version Before VR (vibration reduction) and is at least half the price. Using a tripod will give you the same results.

I still prefer using a DSLR over my phone and I enjoy the editing process.

But if you are really not into photography I would go with a phone !

Most people can't tell the difference between images produced with either device 😉

Cheers
Indeed its a big difference, can get them used for 200eur like you have told.
Im not really into photography yet but I am moving to a country where our beloved one is legal and I want to make a repertoire about strains, coffeeshops, etc so I think that having a macro lens is essential.

indogrow420

indogrow420

we dont talk much but I left him a pm for some close ups. I found this on youtube, worth taking a peek
@OutlawGusta

Top Bottom