Cannabis Pollen in Room lifespan?

• Thread starter Lemmesucksumtits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lemmesucksumtits

Hello I hope someone can help me answer some questions but first a few informations about my set up:
A big room with a little built in vegetation closet. A container of substrate, 2 bags of organic dirt, some fans, a few bottles of organic fertilizer and some equipment.
My Last Runs I had Hermies BUT I didn't knew which plant started it because I found it too late. I did another run and found them, ended up throwing them out(Twilight from Dutch passion).
After this I cleaned the room, the walls with some soap and water. The equipment aswell and also the vegetation closet. Now I got new plants in that are 100% not hermes! I got them growing in the room for about 1 year now. Is the pollen already dead now or should I do anything to be sure? Most commercial Growers and OG's told me not to worry about it since the pollen is very short lived. Specially when I got veg plants in for already 1 year. Would be nice to know if anybody got experience with this and could tell me about it. Greetings

Homesteader

Homesteader

Pollen died with your soap and water. Vegging for a year? Did I read that correct? I wouldn't worry about it as long as you cleaned it good the first time. You could spray the walls and ceiling down with soap and water once more to be sure but it is probably redundant.

Madmax

Madmax

3-4 days than not viable
Really only 3-4 days.awesome...ive been worrying if i have contaminated the mac dragons in nxt room, they were at day 9 in flower room so i decided to take the reversal out of the veg room that pollenated the donors..sort of gave me 6 days before the macs started to bud..been misting the air before opening the flower room praying i dont get seed.

Madmax

Madmax

I just had some sitting out 2-3 weeks and didn't know if it would work and it did. Used frozen pollen 18 months old worked.
Thats good to know..howd you store it..ive put some in one of those plastic lab vials with lid.wrapped it in plastic bag then foil then in a sealed seed satchet.

20220901 172500
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

About a month unless dew or water gets to it
There are many variables, heat,humidity etc. each day viability lessens, I have used my pollen at near 3 weeks at a family members grow with no special cool storage and just collected off the leaves and floor put it in an envelope placed in a dresser and got some seeds(although technically that could be called storing) so I assume a month or so some would be still be good,the grains protected by the other grains may be why .

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Really only 3-4 days.awesome...ive been worrying if i have contaminated the mac dragons in nxt room, they were at day 9 in flower room so i decided to take the reversal out of the veg room that pollenated the donors..sort of gave me 6 days before the macs started to bud..been misting the air before opening the flower room praying i dont get seed.
here's an experiment that may answer some of your questions.

Madmax

Madmax

here's an experiment that may answer some of your questions.

Cheers for that buzzzz..hmm.now i am frocken worried..lol. 😆.times gonna tell..fingers crossed it only affects those first top buds forming..a few seeds wont hurt.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Cheers for that buzzzz..hmm.now i am frocken worried..lol. 😆.times gonna tell..fingers crossed it only affects those first top buds forming..a few seeds wont hurt.
You might not get any, some strains of pollen have a longer shelf life than others like buds and seeds

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah hopefully thats the case bud.im glad i got it out of the room when i did .its got me thinking though lol..a wait and see haha..

growsince79

growsince79

There have lots of times I pollinate very early, like 4-6 pistils at each bud site. Then by time the buds are ripe, it might have 30 seeds. That means the excess pollen survived at least a week or two.

Madmax

Madmax

It is the first time i have ever done it and it looks like im going to have jags of seeds .i collected some pollen and dusted some buds just by using a brush and tapping on it..wasnt quite sure how id go as i think jeff said it was hard to get viable pollen off the plants.was something to that affect.or was it he reversed 2 incase one never worked.yeah i think that was it..i think its pretty cool making a few seeds..

Latest posts

Top Bottom