Cannabutter Chocolate Decadence

• Thread starter King Julien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Julien

King Julien

So I recently made a rather large batch of butter and was interested in doing something different with some of it. Then I remembered this recipe. Think fudge but with more chocolate, less sugar, less work, and way harder to screw up.

Ingredients:
18 ounces Darkest Chocolate you can find (Hershey's special dark will work)
10 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon flour
5 large eggs, room temp or slightly warm
tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and salt

Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler so as not to burn the chocolate. Once completely mixed together remove from heat and allow to cool.

Before you beat the eggs they should be at room temp or slightly warm from sitting them in warm water for a few minutes. This will help the eggs whip into a foam more easily than if they were cold. Place all 5 eggs into a large bowl and add the sugar. Proceed to beat the eggs and sugar until it has increased in volume 5-8 times and is at the medium to stiff peak stage.

Once the eggs and sugar are beaten into a stiff foam lightly sift the flour onto the surface of it as well as the pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. Mix just to incorporate.

Pour 1/4 of the whipped eggs into the cooled chocolate and mix together until you see no streaks left. Then carefully pour that mixture completely into the egg mixture and gently fold until all is incorporated but not any extra. You want it to remain as light as you can make it despite the fact it will be insanely dense.

Pour this mixture into a 9" cake round that has been greased and dusted with either flour or cocoa powder. Put into an oven that has been preheated to 425 F for 12-15 minutes. You are aiming for the center to be firm but still have a little bit of jiggle to it like a properly made custard.

Allow to cool and then freeze it completely before serving.

It makes fudge seem like a chocolate impostor. It makes chocolate cake quake in its little vanilla boots. It's chocolate decadence.

The best part is that it is SO rich that you can only really eat a tiny piece of it at a time so you can make it really potent and not be tempted to eat a huge piece. It also is served frozen so it keeps for quite a long time in the freezer where it's kept.

Hope you enjoy!

King Julien

King Julien

//This sounds good! Do you have any pictures of the finished product?

I do not but next time I make it I'll put some up. I will say it basically just looks like fudge though.

I'm sure I'll be making some soon. Harvest time is coming up before the end of November and this is definitely getting made.

J

JamesJharper

So I recently made a rather large batch of butter and was interested in doing something different with some of it. Then I remembered this recipe. Think fudge but with more chocolate, less sugar, less work, and way harder to screw up.

Ingredients:
18 ounces Darkest Chocolate you can find (Hershey's special dark will work)
10 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon flour
5 large eggs, room temp or slightly warm
tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and salt

Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler so as not to burn the chocolate. Once completely mixed together remove from heat and allow to cool.

Before you beat the eggs they should be at room temp or slightly warm from sitting them in warm water for a few minutes. This will help the eggs whip into a foam more easily than if they were cold. Place all 5 eggs into a large bowl and add the sugar. Proceed to beat the eggs and sugar until it has increased in volume 5-8 times and is at the medium to stiff peak stage.

Once the eggs and sugar are beaten into a stiff foam lightly sift the flour onto the surface of it as well as the pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. Mix just to incorporate.

Pour 1/4 of the whipped eggs into the cooled chocolate and mix together until you see no streaks left. Then carefully pour that mixture completely into the egg mixture and gently fold until all is incorporated but not any extra. You want it to remain as light as you can make it despite the fact it will be insanely dense.

Pour this mixture into a 9" cake round that has been greased and dusted with either flour or cocoa powder. Put into an oven that has been preheated to 425 F for 12-15 minutes. You are aiming for the center to be firm but still have a little bit of jiggle to it like a properly made custard.

Allow to cool and then freeze it completely before serving.

It makes fudge seem like a chocolate impostor. It makes chocolate cake quake in its little vanilla boots. It's chocolate decadence.

The best part is that it is SO rich that you can only really eat a tiny piece of it at a time so you can make it really potent and not be tempted to eat a huge piece. It also is served frozen so it keeps for quite a long time in the freezer where it's kept.

Hope you enjoy!

I'm so excited to prepare this recipe! Also, I did not find anywhere such a great recipe. I will surely try this recipe in the coming holidays. It is the interesting mouthwatering recipe. Thanks, @King Julien

In the past week, I have prepared cannabis choco after watching this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXSsbRtI38

It was delicious, so I would suggest you try this recipe.

Top Bottom