Cannot figure this out yellowing leaves.

• Thread starter Farmerbob93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Cannot figure this out leaves are losing color and wilting. I water when pots are light. Using Mars hydro tsw 2000 24” above plants.
using cal mag every other watering
Veg bloom dirty for nutes
Fox farm ocean forest soil.
ph run off 6.5
Ppm run off 700
Day time temps 74-78
Rh 40-50
Any ideas? New grower.

Cannot figure this out yellowing leaves
Cannot figure this out yellowing leaves 2
ArrEll

ArrEll

Cannot figure this out leaves are losing color and wilting. I water when pots are light. Using Mars hydro tsw 2000 24” above plants.
ph run off 6.5
Ppm run off 700
Day time temps 74-78
Rh 40-50
Any ideas? New grower.
I'm a Newbie and no expert, but I thought you should only add Cal Mag solution when necessary, not every other watering.....
UNLESS: How much do you mix? It's supposed to be either 3-4 ml per gallon during Veg, 5 ml during Bloom (5 ml = 1 teaspoon). Something you are doing is turning ALL the leaves Yellow, at once. ????

P.S.: FF Ocean Forest is pretty "Hot" soil. Nothing really needs to be added for the first month. In fact, seedlings sort of Cringe in it. I use FF Happy Frog in a styrofoam egg carton at first, till they're a couple inches tall, then either put it in the final container or use a red Solo Cup in the interim.

P.P.S.S.: Strain? Auto or Photo?

Last edited:
Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

I'm a Newbie and no expert, but I thought you should only add Cal Mag solution when necessary, not every other watering.....
UNLESS: How much do you mix? It's supposed to be either 3-4 ml per gallon during Veg, 5 ml during Bloom (5 ml = 1 teaspoon). Something you are doing is turning ALL the leaves Yellow, at once. ????

P.S.: FF Ocean Forest is pretty "Hot" soil. Nothing really needs to be added for the first month. In fact, seedlings sort of Cringe in it. I use FF Happy Frog in a styrofoam egg carton at first, till they're a couple inches tall, then either put it in the final container or use a red Solo Cup in the interim.

P.P.S.S.: Strain? Auto or Photo?
The strain is blue cheese. Photo. I was told I could everywatering if I wanted, and I was doing half a teaspoon per gal. I will stop adding it for sure and see if that works. Maybe I’m locking one or the other out. Thanks for the reply

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Anybody else have ideas? Could it be my lights off temps in the 65 degree range?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They look under fed to me . lime green = under fed, dark shiny = over fed.... It has to be 6 weeks old...have you fed it at all? I give mine at that stage 5-10 ml micro 5-10 mil grow and 5 bloom all per gallon. If I was going to flip it I'd give it 10 mil bloom the last week before I flip.

65f too cold to go through water fast enough and will develop root problems by not drying out before your next feed /water.

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

They look under fed to me . lime green = under fed, dark shiny = over fed.... It has to be 6 weeks old...have you fed it at all? I give mine at that stage 5-10 ml micro 5-10 mil grow and 5 bloom all per gallon. If I was going to flip it I'd give it 10 mil bloom the last week before I flip.

65f too cold to go through water fast enough and will develop root problems by not drying out before your next feed /water.
Yeah I feed it every other watering my ppm run off is 700 I’d hate to bump that up and make more damage, I’m going to start with the temps first, I appreciate it man

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I feed it every other watering my ppm run off is 700 I’d hate to bump that up and make more damage, I’m going to start with the temps first, I appreciate it man
just a thought i'm really not the guy, I fk up too many of my own grows to be giving advice to anyone any ways. 😃😃

mancorn

mancorn

Do a pour through test; https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/HO/HO-285-w.pdf. Then compare the ppm of what’s going in compared to what’s coming out. In general your PPM should be less that what you’re feeding, as your plant should be consuming nutrients. If your leachate PPM is way lower then your input, than your plant is not getting enough food and you can increase your feed. If your leachate is higher than your input, then your feeding too much and nutrients (salt) are building up and you’ll need to flush out the excess.

When doing a single PPM test (as opposed to tracking PPM over months) I’d try and keep the time between your initial feed and secondary test pour as long as possible, so that you’re looking at the PPM of the water that’s been in contact with the substrate for a longer period. (You can just collect leachate by dipping a pot after 1/2 hour or so. But do an actual pour through after waiting at least an hour between pours.)

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Do a pour through test; https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/HO/HO-285-w.pdf. Then compare the ppm of what’s going in compared to what’s coming out. In general your PPM should be less that what you’re feeding, as your plant should be consuming nutrients. If your leachate PPM is way lower then your input, than your plant is not getting enough food and you can increase your feed. If your leachate is higher than your input, then your feeding too much and nutrients (salt) are building up and you’ll need to flush out the excess.

When doing a single PPM test (as opposed to tracking PPM over months) I’d try and keep the time between your initial feed and secondary test pour as long as possible, so that you’re looking at the PPM of the water that’s been in contact with the substrate for a longer period. (You can just collect leachate by dipping a pot after 1/2 hour or so. But do an actual pour through after waiting at least an hour between pours.)
I’m sorry I’m a noob. so mix up nutes get the ppm and feed her, wait a while and do it again till run off? And measure that as well? And if it’s higher then what’s going in then I should flush her out correct?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

And run off tests you just water until run off and test it. to do this properly you must know the PH and PPM of whatever it is your putting in and then measure the run off and compare. If your running below 70 degrees your plants will have trouble aspirating, also FOFF is mostly coco so you need to make sure that you know how to deal with it properly;

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-water-coco-for-best-results.122334/

Okay after that heres a few things to keep in mind, your old growth will never look better you must look at the new growth. Your plants cannot eat or aspirate properly if the temps are out of wack, and can look like a deficiency even when theres enough food. Off the bat you need to hit those baby with some quick acting nutes, like maxicrop 16-16-16. Some good ol; fish hydrolysate will do the the trick for N at least....Also its clearly not burn so dont worry too much about bumping it up.

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

And run off tests you just water until run off and test it. to do this properly you must know the PH and PPM of whatever it is your putting in and then measure the run off and compare. If your running below 70 degrees your plants will have trouble aspirating, also FOFF is mostly coco so you need to make sure that you know how to deal with it properly;

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-water-coco-for-best-results.122334/

Okay after that heres a few things to keep in mind, your old growth will never look better you must look at the new growth. Your plants cannot eat or aspirate properly if the temps are out of wack, and can look like a deficiency even when theres enough food. Off the bat you need to hit those baby with some quick acting nutes, like maxicrop 16-16-16. Some good ol; fish hydrolysate will do the the trick for N at least....Also its clearly not burn so dont worry too much about bumping it up.
1. Seed
2.7 weeks
3.3 foot
4.10 gallon smart pots
5.ffof
6.watered when pots are light, tap water
7. Ph 6.5
8.veg bloom dirty 8-5-13
9.no
10. Mars hydro tsw 2000 I believe it’s 300 watts
11.24”
12. 4x4x8 so 16 sqft
13. 74-78 during day 65-70 at night
rh 40-50
14. Soil is 6.3
15. No bugs
16. First indoor grow done a couple outside but I am new.

growsince79

growsince79

ph run off 6.5
Ppm run off 700
Day time temps 74-78
Rh 40-50
Any ideas? New grower.
How big are the pots? How often do you water?

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Yeah that’s what I meant by excessive 10 gallon pots, I will work on that thanks man

Top Bottom