Cannot figure this out yellowing leaves.

• Thread starter Farmerbob93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's why I like the 3 gal pots. I use 1 gallon of feed / water for each plant 3-4 days later they're dry @ 78-80 enough to water or feed again ( once a week ). My 5 gallon pots ( for longer veg ) take almost 2 gallons and 4-5 days to dry so they don't get fed enough ( once every 9-10 days )

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

That's why I like the 3 gal pots. I use 1 gallon of feed / water for each plant 3-4 days later they're dry @ 78-80 enough to water or feed again ( once a week ). My 5 gallon pots ( for longer veg ) take almost 2 gallons and 4-5 days to dry so they don't get fed enough ( once every 9-10 days )
Yeah I messed up, learning curve for sure

S

sshortguy1

They look under fed to me . lime green = under fed, dark shiny = over fed.... It has to be 6 weeks old...have you fed it at all? I give mine at that stage 5-10 ml micro 5-10 mil grow and 5 bloom all per gallon. If I was going to flip it I'd give it 10 mil bloom the last week before I flip.

65f too cold to go through water fast enough and will develop root problems by not drying out before your next feed /water.
sounds to me like you're trying to sell? if that's the case I'm in total wong forums I thought this was for PERSONAL GARDENS, not commercially, I never needed a degree of a nutrient to grow personally, I did this when I have gotten out of college back in 92, so we had books read, etc

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

sounds to me like you're trying to sell? if that's the case I'm in total wong forums I thought this was for PERSONAL GARDENS, not commercially, I never needed a degree of a nutrient to grow personally, I did this when I have gotten out of college back in 92, so we had books read, etc
What was it about pipecarver's post that made you think he's trying to sell something?

Most users of this forum seem to be personal growers. There are a few who sell.

P

Pike

Cold will not make your plant turn yellow, dumbest Shit I ever heard. We grow outdoors here at 7k ft in the Rockies, freakin in the 30s late sept and oct, plants don’t turn yellow, lol.

quit the freakin cal mag, flush The shit outta the plant, like put a damn hose to it and flush till the water is just pouring out. Then leave it alone and let it recover.

personnally imo that plant is locked out, to much of something. Sitting in the pot all jacked up and then trying different remedies is gonna get ya know where.

S

sshortguy1

Cold will not make your plant turn yellow, dumbest Shit I ever heard. We grow outdoors here at 7k ft in the Rockies, freakin in the 30s late sept and oct, plants don’t turn yellow, lol.

quit the freakin cal mag, flush The shit outta the plant, like put a damn hose to it and flush till the water is just pouring out. Then leave it alone and let it recover.

personnally imo that plant is locked out, to much of something. Sitting in the pot all jacked up and then trying different remedies is gonna get ya know where.
I heard from a forum that colder temps can make the buds turn purple, confusing strains like granddaddy purple, etc

P

Pike

I heard from a forum that colder temps can make the buds turn purple, confusing strains like granddaddy purple, etc
yep, cooler temps can cause your plant to color up, here’s some Info I just google……..

Why Does Weed Turn Purple?​

Some strains of marijuana turn purple due to a high content of pigments called anthocyanins in their leaves. Anthocyanins are naturally occurring, water-soluble pigments found in many plants. They are the color pigments that make blueberries blue, blackberries black, and red grapes red.

They are present in some strains of cannabis, too. These anthocyanin pigments account for the variety of colors that appear in buds from different plants.

Anthocyanins do not just make weed purple. They can turn it a variety of colors, including red, gold, dark green, blue, or black. The color of cannabis all depends on the genetics of the plant itself and how it is grown. Certain conditions influence the actual color and stability of anthocyanin pigments. Temperature, light, pH, and structure all play influential roles.

Just as leaves change color in the fall, cannabis leaves can change color as the plant reaches maturity. If you imagine a cannabis plant growing in nature, this would also happen in fall as the temperature decreases, and the nights become longer.

Cold temperatures cause chlorophyll to break down, and this is what allows the other glorious colors to shine through.
Some specific strains have naturally high anthocyanin levels. Under certain conditions, such as entering into the “winter” cycle of flowering, these strains reveal their beautiful purplish hues. This is a natural occurrence determined by a combination of the plant’s genetics and external environmental factors.

What Are Anthocyanins?​

Anthocyanins belong to the flavonoid group of phytochemicals. Flavonoids are a type of plant chemical which is commonly found in fruits, vegetables, cereals, teas, and nuts. They are also abundant in cannabis plants, along with two other types of compounds – cannabinoids and terpenes.

As well as giving plants their vibrant colors, anthocyanins are also thought to have certain health benefits. According to Khoo et al., “Scientific studies, such as cell culture studies, animal models, and human clinical trials, show that anthocyanidins and anthocyanins possess antioxidative and antimicrobial activities, improve visual and neurological health, and protect against various non-communicable diseases.”

Flavonoids, including anthocyanins, have been reported to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Anthocyanins could potentially provide a wealth of benefits. They may play a role in protecting the heart and liver, improving vision, as well as helping to prevent obesity and diabetes.

Many plants with high anthocyanin contents have been used as herbal medicines for millennia. Ancient societies from North America, Europe, and China have taken advantage of these naturally occurring remedies in the past.

So, with this in mind, is purple weed better for you than the green stuff? Unfortunately, probably not. The digestive tract absorbs the majority of anthocyanins. Therefore, to notice any significant difference, you would have to eat a ton of edibles. Probably not the greatest idea!

Top Bottom