cant catch a break, does this look like mites?

• Thread starter myphisfooked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
myphisfooked

myphisfooked

leaves are getting twisty, dont look glossy or anything. did a slurry test on the surface, came back 6.5. ffof watered with good ph water, just started giving small doses of nutes. one plant started getting a little twisty, i put it in the corner of the tent so it gets less light. then 3 of the plants next to it are starting to get twisty and cupping, i was thinking light stress (temps are always in the 70s) at first, then just mutation but its happening to 3 diff strains, then ph which now seems fine. now i just dont know, really hoping its not mites though.

Cant catch a break does this look like mites
Cant catch a break does this look like mites 2
Cant catch a break does this look like mites 3
Cant catch a break does this look like mites 4
Cant catch a break does this look like mites 5
Cant catch a break does this look like mites 6
myphisfooked

myphisfooked

spot on! thank you, i didnt know low humimidity was so detrimental in veg, rh is usually in high 40s to low 50s. its at 56 right now, can this cause twisting too?

myphisfooked

myphisfooked

oh and the light, i got a 600w qb (3500k) dimmed down to probably a third so 200w in a 8x4 (i have 2 600w qb for flowering this tent)

4plant

4plant

Twisting on the tips is usually a calcium indicator. I would get the humidity up over 60% in veg but make sure your min/ max dosent fluctuate more than 10% or so or pm will creep in. Plants look good though, usually people don’t notice until they get small copper spots. What light do you have in there?

4plant

4plant

Ok, the intensity of led boards can cause a need for more cal as well. Try to get more in through transpiration first then increase the dosing at feed times.

myphisfooked

myphisfooked

thank you, i really appreciate the help. got the humidifier going now

V

Vondank420

It's not a humidity issue. Their growing real fast . If it was just v praying leaves in apperance it would be Mg def. They are slightly rolling on the leaf margins and the serrations look lifted. How close is light?

myphisfooked

myphisfooked

far, its about 2 feet away from the middle of the canopy, hence why i moved these plants to the corner, theres quite a few other plants, none of them showing these symptoms

V

Vondank420

How long have they been in the contsiners since transplant?

V

Vondank420

You posted " small doses of nutes" what nutes and how much?

myphisfooked

myphisfooked

theyve been in those 5gals for at least 3 weeks now and i gave dynagro foliage pro @ 2ml per gal (5ml per gallon is whats recommended)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It's not a humidity issue. Their growing real fast . If it was just v praying leaves in apperance it would be Mg def. They are slightly rolling on the leaf margins and the serrations look lifted. How close is light?
Agree ^ Light distance was my first thought too, also have you had pH swings recently?

You say you use "good" pH water; how are you pH'ing, and to what # ?

myphisfooked

myphisfooked

fox farms gave me ph issues on my other run, ive ammended this soil with about 2 cups of dolomite lime, my tap water is 0ppm. i use that and adjust the ph to between 6.5 and 6.8 with general hydroponics ph down (tap comes out about 8.5 ph) my ec is low too

V

Vondank420

2 cups is spot on for 1.5 cf. But I am surprised that the FFOF dropped its lime buffering that quick. I have seen FFOF drop out at around 6 weeks but let's get you to where you want to be.
First. Add cal/mag plus @5ml/gal with your veg mix.
Also. Do you have a seaweed product ???
I recommend Thrive Alive green label or Rhizotonic. But whatever you want to use. I would foliar with it for a bit.
I think with that and the cal/mag you should be set.
*****important ****
If the FFOF ratio of buffering lime was correct and you added the 2 cups after that then adding the cal/mag plus "might" cause an issue with lockout. I dont believe it will but something to keep eye on.
When I'm doing my soils I use just enuff lime to get it to 6.5 but no more. Then I'm just adding a tiny bit as need when the ph drops.
You should see improvment in 4 to 7 days with this...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

fox farms gave me ph issues on my other run, ive ammended this soil with about 2 cups of dolomite lime, my tap water is 0ppm. i use that and adjust the ph to between 6.5 and 6.8 with general hydroponics ph down (tap comes out about 8.5 ph) my ec is low too
Well that's not really a pH swing although you should keep it 6.5 in ffof

How much soil did you add those two cups of dolomite to?

Top Bottom