cant figure this one out (iron, sulfur, calcium deficiency. off gassing or light bleaching)

• Thread starter witness0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
witness0

witness0

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clone
2. How old are your plants? two Casy Jones 3 month, 5 larry og 2 month, 8 casey jones clones 3 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? casey are 2' 6" larry og 1' 8"
4. What type of hydro system are you using? pro mix hp 3 gallon smart pots
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? botanicar cal mag, silica. Advanced nutrients sensi grow a&b and b-52
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.7-5.9
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? growonix gx 300hr ro to 20 ppm
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? ppm is max 800
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 65 degrees Fahrenheit
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? i flushed with 5.8 ph and checked runoff it was 5.7
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? after deficiency started i foliar sprayed with 800 ppm cal mag solution
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") two 1000 watt hps hortilux eye magnetic ballasts
14. How close are your lights to the plants? two feet
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? the plants are in 4' x 8' grid the room is 12.5' x 13.5'
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temps are solid at 70-75 humidity was at 60-75% just hooked up the dehue and they stay around 45-50% they are in veg
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? they had a very small mite problem. everything is under control
18. How much experience do you have growing? ive been growing for over a year in this medium with almost no problems at all.

two casey jones (3 gal smart pots) were moved from a 4' x 6' tent with 1200 watt led. no co2 just a 6" fan on thermostat controller. five larry og plants were moved from 2' x 4' tent 4 bulb t-5 no co2 4" can fan on thermostat. larrys were transplanted from 1 liter container to 3 gallon smart pots all plants entered my new flowering room at the same time. they were being vegged with the same solution in the old rooms. i watered them in with veg solution ro water starts at 20 ppm then i add cal-mag to 200ppm, sensi grow a&b @ 4ml per gallon, b-52 & silica @ 2 ml per gallon.
ok the plants were placed under 2 1k hps lights non air cooled with the glass removed. one raptor and one xtreme. about 1 1/2 feet above the tops. after about two days i noticed some yellowing on my new growth. so i raised my lights about another 12 inches. check back in two days and the yellowing had progressed. all new growth on all plants were turning bright yellow. thought this was an iron deficiency which is usually caused by a ph imbalance. i foliar sprayed with a cal- mag solution at 800 ppm. then mixed a solution of ro at 5.8 ph with 200 ppm cal mag (so i can adjust ph). flushed all plants. the problems progressed so i tried a solution with 1 tsp per gallon epsom salt ph wasnt adjusted. to see if it was a sulfur deficiency. this was also to no avail. by this point my original plants were no longer suitable to flower. I brought in 8 casey jones clones that were transplanted to 1 liter containers and watered with same veg solution. (cal-mag,grow a&b,b-52 and silica ph to 5.8) they began to exhibit the same symptoms after a couple days.

i replaced my ph probe on my blue lab and calibrated with new 4.0 and 7.0. bought new grow a &b and didnt use any cal-mag. i think the cal mag might be bad. they were watered in yesterday with the new solution.
Cant figure this one out iron sulfur calcium deficiency off gassing or light bleaching
Cant figure this one out iron sulfur calcium deficiency off gassing or light bleaching 2
Cant figure this one out iron sulfur calcium deficiency off gassing or light bleaching 3
Cant figure this one out iron sulfur calcium deficiency off gassing or light bleaching 4

F

fuzzy

For one,i think 800ppms calmag may be a little high.You also said the total nutrient ppms are 800,so are you just feeding them calmag?Im kinda confused i guess,lol.

witness0

witness0

for waterings i add calmag first, until it reaches 200 ppm. 800 total with base and additives.
the solution i foliar sprayed with was 800 ppm calmag.
For one,i think 800ppms calmag may be a little high.You also said the total nutrient ppms are 800,so are you just feeding them calmag?Im kinda confused i guess,lol.

this looks like light bleaching to me
thats what i thought originally. i dont understand why all the new growth, even on the bottom of the plant is doing this also

another_sellout

another_sellout

Three ideas:

One-
Check your soil's pH.
If you can't do that, measure the pH off your run off water.
You may be surprised.

Two-
Just very rarely, that gold color is a lack of chlorine.

Three-
Did the sick clones come from a different source from the healthy plants?
Almost all infection happens during cloning, when the plant is cut and tying to root.

Hope that helps, some...

C

cctt

I think 800 ppm is a bit strong for a foliar application.
It looks like an immobile deficiency - iron seems a good guess. Iron is antagonized by zinc, phosphorus, copper, manganese, and calcium. It can be locked out by pH. It also somewhat easily falls out of solution. If your cal/mag/iron bottle was old perhaps that's what happened.

witness0

witness0

Three ideas:

One-
Check your soil's pH.
If you can't do that, measure the pH off your run off water.
You may be surprised.

Two-
Just very rarely, that gold color is a lack of chlorine.

Three-
Did the sick clones come from a different source from the healthy plants?
Almost all infection happens during cloning, when the plant is cut and tying to root.

Hope that helps, some...
- the soil probe displays the same ph as the solution im feeding it. its a soil less medium.
my runoff water was around 5.7 when i was flushing with a 5.8 ph water.

- all my chlorine and chloramine is removed by my ro.

- the casey clones were taken from the two original plants that started showing the deficiencies plus a third that is still vegging under my led light. The other 5 larry og clones were bought from a friend and vegged in a different grow under t-5 lights.

nuttso

nuttso

what cctt said may be the reason also. Hang the lamps higher and get a new bottle cal/mag/iron and flush with new solution

silverhaze

silverhaze

No yellowing in Veg right? If the photo below looks similar you should look into root diseases. What you are describing is more likely a disease than a deficiency IMO. Good luck.

Yellowtops
P

paulycali

They look light deprived. Get them under some lights asap. If thats not the case it is indeed an iron deficiency

thehappygardener

thehappygardener

Flush! Flush! Flush! Take them away from your 1200w lamp for a few days. The plants should not require that much cal-mag. Place them in the dark for a day or two after a flush and they should come back. If not cloning then something was a miss while adding nutes. ck your meter. The intense light is making the problem worse. Good luck!

witness0

witness0

No yellowing in Veg right? If the photo below looks similar you should look into root diseases. What you are describing is more likely a disease than a deficiency IMO. Good luck.
no yellowing in there original veg rooms. all plants were moved to the "flowering room" at the same time. lights are currently on 18-6.

witness0

witness0

What's your water source?

Also are you adding Cal-Mag before you add your nutes. Cal-Mag should be added first
i use city water. currently running it through growonix gx 300hr with all new filters. ro comes out at 20 ppm. For my normal veg solution i add cal-mag to 200ppm first. then mix 4ml per gallon of grow a & b (sensi grow) and 2ml per gallon b-52 and silica (botanicare). it usually come out around 800 ppm. ph to 5.8

C

cctt

As I understand silica should be added first - and mixed well before adding anything else. Otherwise it tends to precipitate. I wouldn't expect this to be causing your current problems, though.

witness0

witness0

Flush! Flush! Flush! Take them away from your 1200w lamp for a few days. The plants should not require that much cal-mag. Place them in the dark for a day or two after a flush and they should come back. If not cloning then something was a miss while adding nutes. ck your meter. The intense light is making the problem worse. Good luck!

they have been flushed. plants were moved from two different veg tents. one contained a 1200w led (two casey jones) the other was a small tent with 4 bulb t-5 (five larry og). all seven plants were moved into my new flowering room. its still on 18-6 ight cycle with two 1000 watt hps lights.

it cant be an issue with cloning. My larry og exhibit the same problems. They were purchased from a friend.

the new set of plants ive brought in were fed with all new bottles of nutrients without the addition of cal-mag i would think the problem would be from one batch of solution that was mixed incorrectly.

i have a blue lab combo meter. when the problems began i replaced the ph probe and bought new 4.0 and 7.0 calibration solution.

Thanks for the ideas.

nuttso

nuttso

Rule number one my friend: If you don't know what's going on, always hang the lights higher. This causes the plant to slow down on whatever it is doing.

witness0

witness0

ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

I think silverhaze was onto something. they look identical to his plant with root disease. this would explain why my plants didn't contract this disease in my old veg rooms. they never received water from my nutrient reservoir in my new room. ro water was transported in 5 gallon jugs then nutrients were mixed as needed.
im cleaning my reservoir and replacing my watering hose. you think running h202 in my res at full strength will kill this disease? i know there are a couple diseases that thrive in highly oxygenated water. (wish i remember what under current thread i saw this disease in) I wont be using the h2o2 for watering. The plants will be replaced with new clones so i wont be trying to save the others.

This is why you dont lock a bunch of your females in the same room. They start talking and soon find out you've been sleeping around. i think all the ladies decided to get together and fuck with me for a couple weeks to get even. EVIL BITCHES!!!

Thank you all for helping me out with this.. I appreciate your time

witness0

witness0

Rule number one my friend: If you don't know what's going on, always hang the lights higher. This causes the plant to slow down on whatever it is doing.
they are going to the ceiling today!!!!!! for sure

Top Bottom