cant figure this one out (iron, sulfur, calcium deficiency. off gassing or light bleaching)

• Thread starter witness0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
witness0

witness0

the first two are pics of the original casey plants. last two are clones that were left in for studying purposes. wouldn't a disease cause some discoloration in my roots? it doesn't smell either.
IMG 20121213 181610 0301
IMG 20121213 181543 9131
IMG 20121213 181422 4091
IMG 20121213 181434 0291

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
what kind of lights do you have? And did you spray and then let the lights hit the plants with liquid all over them?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
It looks like plants that were in the dark for a week than subjected to intense light or it's spray that was cooked on the plants. Other than that, no clue and would scrap em and start fresh...something isn't right and it's prob your environment....live and learn.

witness0

witness0

what kind of lights do you have? And did you spray and then let the lights hit the plants with liquid all over them?
I have two 1ks. the plants are getting about 60 watts per square foot. After the deficiency started i foliar sprayed with a cal-mag solution. They were moved away from the lights until they appeared dry.

It looks like plants that were in the dark for a week than subjected to intense light or it's spray that was cooked on the plants. Other than that, no clue and would scrap em and start fresh...something isn't right and it's prob your environment....live and learn.
im still leaning towards some kind of disease. Only keeping them to see if the problem can be reversed. i have some Chocolope kush and White Widow beans i just popped. Im hopping its not some crazy environmental condition. My day night thermometer/hygrometer says im solid at 75-80 degrees 50% humidity. 24k shinco mini split. 70 pint ge dehumidifier. Co2 is 800 parts cppm-4 bottled. i have plenty of air flow.

nuttso

nuttso

I'm really interested to know what this might be. Thx for keeping them alive and sharing with us. I basically though you got your lights too fast too close. But it seems like there is something else. Most micro deficientes start in the upper part of the plant. There is always a possibility to overdo some nutrients and get deficiency symptoms, but i highly doubt that this is your problem.

witness0

witness0

Rooms been thoroughly cleaned. Ive acquired six vegged og kush plants to experiment with. Four were moved into my problematic flowering room and watered with my ro.(not through my nutrient reservoir) the other two are in a different location and fed with well water. This should help determine the source of my issues. I watered the 8 clones with the addition of full strength h202. they seem to be reacting well. leaves look like they are gaining a little color back. Still cant be quite sure yet.

I'm really interested to know what this might be. Thx for keeping them alive and sharing with us. I basically though you got your lights too fast too close. But it seems like there is something else. Most micro deficientes start in the upper part of the plant. There is always a possibility to overdo some nutrients and get deficiency symptoms, but i highly doubt that this is your problem.
im sorry. earlier when i said "im still leaning toward some kind of disease" I misspoke.. read through a thread by silverhaze and believe we were having the same problem. Fusarium. i was actually going to ask SH where he sent his plants for testing.

witness0

witness0

IMG 20121219 241551 7001
IMG 20121219 241559 4171

Casey plants 3 days after they were moved out of my flowering room. watered with h2O2.

IMG 20121226 110608 5071
IMG 20121226 110611 6631

same plants two weeks after. moving along very well now. leaves have the same markings.

witness0

witness0

ive come to the conclusion its not my water at all....... placed four clones in my troublesome flowering room under t-5s 18-6 light cycle. another four were moved to a new veg room. both fed with the same ro and nutrients. plants in the room have the discoloration. my other four are fine

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
ive come to the conclusion its not my water at all....... placed four clones in my troublesome flowering room under t-5s 18-6 light cycle. another four were moved to a new veg room. both fed with the same ro and nutrients. plants in the room have the discoloration. my other four are fine

ok good luck...I only ask because I was having problems for months on and off and couldnt figure it out until one day last week I looked back into recycling ac and dehuey water and I say looked back into it because Id looked before and saw people werent having problems at all recycling into the rez????? This time I googled specifically for problems caused by recycling the water and found this blog...http://everydaygreener.blogspot.com/2008/06/dehumidifier-water.html

When I read the comments I found the real answers I was looking for and that for me was that some people dont have issues and others do so from that I came to the conclusion that it depends on the equipment. One of the comments really helped me because it said that this recycled water can be high in zinc and copper, so from there I googled marijuana zinc and then clicked on images and found this...
Nietz18a

this picture is what my plants were doing so I emptied my rez and let it refill with just RO then the following day I flushed with a little cal mag and food and my plants bounced back immediately. Then all the pieces came together like why was this only happening once a month to me???and the answer is because my rez and equipment are in different rooms so once a month Id empty my discharge into my rez.

Im planning on posting my results in a thread Ill start on the subject but Im gonna wait a week and just watch my plants so I can post pics of before n after. You seem to know this isnt your problem but I just thought Id let you know what happened to me in case it helps you or someone else.

Happy New Year

witness0

witness0

thank you DK. i appreciate the input. No doubt your post will help a few farmers. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future. love the quote. have a happy new year.

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Raise the Humidity should be around 70%. Plants are fine under T5 because of the low heat not drying them out remember its a tropical plant so you need a tropical environment the grils are dissipating everything they have to battle the dryness under the 1K's thats why everyone says to rais the lights in these situations higher lights less heat on leaves thus creating more moisture. Foliar feeding only compounds the problem because its take straight nutes but no moisture to use them. IMO

witness0

witness0

Both sets of plants were placed under t-5s. sorry my post wasn't very clear. i bought 6 og plants to experiment with. Four were taken to the flowering room and placed under t-5s 18-6 light cycle. The other two joined my veg room also under t-5s. I mix all the nutrients for theses six plants together. to test the water. i will most defiantly buy a humidifier for the room. Growth rates at 70% rh surely exceed those at 40%.

witness0

witness0

IMG 20130110 193042 3761
casey jones center three plant on the top and bottom of the pic. these are the clones that were saved.

Top Bottom