Can't get Canna coco - which fiber would you use?

• Thread starter Boylobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Boylobster

Boylobster

Regrettably, it seems to be pretty much impossible to get the 50L Canna coco bags where I live. These are the brands that are available to me locally - which do you coco cats think would be most compatible with the Canna Coco nutrient line? (They're in the mail!!!! :clapping)

Atami "B'Cuzz" Cocofiber
Botanicare Cocogro Premium Organic Soilless
Coco-can Growing Mix (enhanced with worm castings)
Just Coir
Bio Bizz Coco Mix

All of these are the pre-expanded, big-bags o' fiber. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd love to hear 'em!

Boylobster

Boylobster

Yes Jah! The big problem is not that I'm unable to source it; the problem is the shipping cost per bag to where I live. It's somewhere cold, and the rates run between $80-120 per bag... and that's for the slowest delivery methods offered. :P ....sigh.

The B'Cuzz brand is favored atm; anyone have anything to say *against* it?

Cheers,
BL

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
ProGroWannabe is using Botanicare's coco with great results. Also, Texas Kid has a lot of experience with different brands and styles of coco.

P

ProGroWannabe

Nothing but good to say about B'Cuzz coco. Very good stuff. That's what I started out on. If you can get B'Cuzz for what your willing to spend, do it.

O

Otto

I wouldnt use the coco-can, the rest are basically the same i believe. You could always get the bricks of the Botanicare Cocogro for less than the bag and its twice as much coco.

-Otto

Boylobster

Boylobster

Wow! Blowin' up! :yes The B'Cuzz is pretty reasonably priced for a 50L bag, and the vendor must get special rates on their shipping, 'cause they don't upcharge very much. ...as in $2-4 as opposed to the $100+ it would cost me to have these coco bags shipped directly. :P

Cool! Sounds like B'Cuzz is gonna' be the engine of my new coco-train, then! Thanks to all for the generous advice, as always! :)

BL

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Choo Choo bl.

$100?!? Shit, I'll ship them for half of that ;)

P

ProGroWannabe

You'll love it lobster! Open the bag, fill the pots, put in the plants. Easy breezy fo sheezy. No rinsing required.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Haha... yah, I'll bet you will, herer! :cash :cash :cash Sorry, but I needs the coco 'cause I'm *not* already rich! :D

Thanks Pro! It's very reassuring to have some of the experts weigh in; helps me proceed with confidence. Man, the Canna nutes are in the mail, and I'm gonna' get some B'Cuzz to join it - oooo, I can't wait!!! :party

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
:D Crazy prices, those bags are light too, fuckers.

P

ProGroWannabe

Start a log when ya get it all, and we'll do our best to keep ya on track with it, if you run into any issues. :smoke

Boylobster

Boylobster

Yeah, I'm definitely going to. It'll also be a log to test the feasibility of my "Lazy Man's Hydro" setup, using Canna Flores nutes. That should be interesting.

Shipping here is a bitch and a half, yo - I bought 1L each of Canna Coco A+B, Aqua Flores A + B, and PK 13/14, right? Total for the nutes was ~$65. Shipping? $66!!!! :doh

P

ProGroWannabe

Yup I hear ya. I either have to pay like that, or drive 2 hours one way to a hydro store. Either way I cut it, if the nutes are under 50 bucks, I pay double.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Holy fuck they are really making out. New supplier time bro.

Boylobster

Boylobster

No doubt. One of the downsides to living in a vast, majestic, frozen expanse that's mostly wilderness is that, well... high-quality hydroponics stores really aren't just lined up on the block. :D

Sounds like Pro knows what I've talkin' 'bout, huh Pro? :) If (make that *when*) the Canna nute line works out for me as well as everyone says it will, it'll be more cost-effective for me to order the shit in 50 gallon drums. :drunk

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah guys, that "double" comment I made was in reference to a time a while back when I too was gonna order some canna nutes. The prices on the liters weren't "too bad", but when I upped it to gallons...HAHAHAHA they practically wanted me to rob a bank to pay the shipping. You'd have thought I was trying to get em to ship nitroglycerin or something. Since then, I just wait till I have a lot to buy, and drive my happy ass to the hydro shop and get it all at once. I just treat it like a day out..lol.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Pfuh! Wish I could do that; my local hydro shop (read: *the* local hydro shop) doesn't have distributors that carry Canna products, period. That means taking whatever they've got, or having every online vendor on the planet fist their way past your colon to get get their shipping fees. :surprised I can't control my poo for several days after ordering online. Where's the smiley for *that*???

P

ProGroWannabe

....... That means taking whatever they've got, or having every online vendor on the planet fist their way past your colon to get get their shipping fees. :surprised I can't control my poo for several days after ordering online. Where's the smiley for *that*???

:D:D:D That's funny shit right there!

My shop doesn't carry Canna either. So I have to use other ferts.

Top Bottom