Can't get Canna coco - which fiber would you use?

• Thread starter Boylobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Boylobster

Boylobster

lol! It's really only a *slight* exaggeration. They would if they could.

Yah, the shipping was a bit of an offense, but I thought I'd drop on the Canna goodness to see how much it's worth to me, y'know? The combination of simplicity and effectiveness is difficult to ignore. What nute line do you run, Pro?

H

herby

I'm in the same spot. Just got my order from the west coast shipped to the east coast. 2 bags of 50 l coco and all the nutes were only 113.00, shipping was just as much.. There must be some minimum requirement from Canna or something. I dont understand why no one else over here would stock em.

G

grizz

Ive used canna, BCUZZ, and coco can. I love them all. I would use the coco can if my grow store still carried it, it was just as clean as the rest of them and worked great. I use canna now with no complaints but dident really have any with b'cuzz except it seems a little courser than the other two

P

ProGroWannabe

I run Earth Juice right now lobster. I've used it for several grows now...more than I can recall at the moment (lol). I like it. It DOES NOT have the simplicity of a simple two part, but that's actually one of the things I like about it--I can customize the amounts of N, P, or K at any time in the cycle that I choose. For instance, most strains I've ran have responded well to a high dose of P for the first half of flowering. It really seems to help my plants develop the budstacks that we all like. But as I near the seond half of flowering, I like to begin ramping down the P and trading that for a ramping UP of the K. I think my stuff frosts up better that way. I couldn't do that with ANY two-part nute.

Sorry to ramble about my stuff in your thread...

Boylobster

Boylobster

Hey hey, I asked, and I asked for a reason! I ask a lotta' questions around here :itwasntme, and that's not just 'cause I like to run on (that happens on its own), it's 'cause I like information. The more the better. The benefits you describe are intriguing, and once I've gotten a more stable, simple system down pat, I'd love to play with some more advanced techniques such as yours.

And of course, I'll have plenty of questions for ya' then, too. :D You should never feel shy about offering knowledge; not to me, at any rate.

P

ProGroWannabe

I tell ya man, I've learned waaay more about what plants need and when they need it by experimenting with nute recipes than I would have by using a two-part. Sure, there were a few fuck-ups along the way. Like when you add too much Potassium, you learn that Potassium excess will lock out calcium. Then you end up with leaf margins that begin to brown-out. Little things like that make me glad to have chosen this route......cuz now I'm a better grower for it.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Heard that. :nod I'm kinda' of two minds about that, though... well, first off, I need a simple, stable cycle that performs just *adequately* to afford me the luxury of experimentation, y'know what I mean? Too many times I've not learned my lesson, and changed far too many variables on far too much of my crop - which almost always results in me being much poorer than I thought I'd be, pretty much every two months. :D

Yeah. I need to have a stable, recognizable, *repeatable* performance base from which to begin my re-education, dig it? :) When I'm ready to graduate, you'd better believe I'll be more than ready to continue pestering the experts. ;)

P

ProGroWannabe

LOL!!!! Yeah man I hear ya fa sho. It WOULD BE best to start with something as reliable and as popular as possible. The popular part is so more than one person could give you solid help if things get a little weird.

Your definitely approaching it right. NOW GET GROWING!! hehe

Boylobster

Boylobster

Watch for my grow log to pop up soon, prolly'... 10 - 14 days? Yah, that sounds about right... *then* we'll see how the shit goes down, yo! :D

B

budkatz

B'cuzz is all my local guy has anymore. Seems pretty sweet too. He told me they had negative feedback on some of the bricked versions.

HortiLab

HortiLab

Hey Boylobster

IMO always go for the bagged not the bricked cocos... the Bcuzz or BioBizz cocos are both are very common in europe and preform very good.

I bought 1L each of Canna Coco A+B, Aqua Flores A + B, and PK 13/14, right?

You know that you do not need the Aqua Flores for a coco run?
You use the Canna Coco for vegging as well as the flowering of your plants.

The Aqua Flores series is made for recirculating systems like NFT.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Haha, yeah, thank you! The Aqua Flores is for a hydro experiment, and the Bcuzz is definitely working out well. At least my hydro shop can get *something* worthwhile. :itwasntme

Thanks, Horti!

L

Limeygreen

Don't go with millenium. Dust and full of salts, in the end it's pretty much shite unless you have a limited budget and some calcium nitrate for a soak (exhcanges the salts for calcium nitrate after an intial leech. But any only that you can find with longer fibres would be good and even better if you can find the chunks medium or large would be good. I have seen pictures of citrus trees growing in such a mix subing in the chunks for perlite and the plants seemed very healthy and very productive.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Good recommendations on this thread - that's cool. I'm very happy with the B'Cuzz, so I'm set, but I hope some *other* clueless bastard stumbles across this and benefits. Thanks to all! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom