Cant get ridbofbroot rot

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ditch the h2o2. It will not kill pythium infected roots. The issue is the roots are infected. H2O2 is ok as prevention but will not cure root rot.

Temp adjust tap water and rinse the roots every 24 hrs for 3 days minimum. Add hydrogaurd to your system but also mix a gallon and pour from the top to ensure all roots come in contact with it. The hydrogaurd will kill the infection in the roots unlike h2o2.

So rinse and slime decaying roots with a sprayer in the sink but make sure it's temp adjusted then put them back in the system with hydrogaurd. Do not add h2o2 to you system at all. There is no guarantee but you should see an improvement withing 3 days.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Ditch the h2o2. It will not kill pythium infected roots. The issue is the roots are infected. H2O2 is ok as prevention but will not cure root rot.

Temp adjust tap water and rinse the roots every 24 hrs for 3 days minimum. Add hydrogaurd to your system but also mix a gallon and pour from the top to ensure all roots come in contact with it. The hydrogaurd will kill the infection in the roots unlike h2o2.

So rinse and slime decaying roots with a sprayer in the sink but make sure it's temp adjusted then put them back in the system with hydrogaurd. Do not add h2o2 to you system at all. There is no guarantee but you should see an improvement withing 3 days.
I installed a to system because my starting ppm was to high would this water be okay or you suggest Tap water?

Skeptik

Skeptik

So I'm not sure what you did, and you're now getting advice to go in yet a new direction. I can assure you, H2O2 will fix your problem. If you want to use your 29%, then apply 2 ml / gal of res twice a week for prevention. For an infection, 5-6 ml /gal 3 times a week until it clears (usually a week does it).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I'm not sure what you did, and you're now getting advice to go in yet a new direction. I can assure you, H2O2 will fix your problem. If you want to use your 29%, then apply 2 ml / gal of res twice a week for prevention. For an infection, 5-6 ml /gal 3 times a week until it clears (usually a week does it).
With all due respect I disagree.

Skeptik

Skeptik

With all due respect I disagree.

Fair enough. As with most issues that come up with this hobby, there's no standard remediation formula so experience has led us to different solutions, each of which will work fine if the experiential protocol is followed. The problem for the OP is picking the solution that fits your situation and follow it. Ask questions until you understand the protocol and DON'T mix methods. Stick to one!

I should add that I used H2O2 to control rez critters for 2 years until I could afford a chiller. Worked for both inhibition and remediation. I'm sure that Aqua Man and other vets can give similar testimony for their methods.

Top Bottom