Can't Identify Pest Infestation - AK47 Outdoor Soil

• Thread starter cannabis_cupcake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannabis_cupcake

cannabis_cupcake

Hello Experts 🧁

I am struggling to identify a pest problem I have with my AK47 (veg state) Soil Outdoor Girls. I have done extensive research and Im still unsure exactly what these flies are, I've uploaded some photos of the yellow sticky paper, back of the leaves and some strange looking thin worms in the water tray, these flies are in the top soil when I shake the pot, they fly everywhere. Neem oil seems to work but im concerned about the larve in the tray that there maybe an infestation in the root system.

I originally thought they were fungus gnats, but think they maybe thrips, the symptoms are from various different infestations so this is why its hard to identify exactly.

I have applied a neem oil / liquid soap / h2o solution and this seems to work for a short while, then they return. Id really appreciate some expert advice on how to permanently get rid of these little fockers. Ive been super careful not to over water them, the top soil is really dry and I only feed from the bottom tray.

I was thinking to remove the plants from the grow medium and replant in a new soil medium to ensure the roots aren't infested, but this can be risky. One or two of the plants are starting to look light yellow in colour and a lil bit sick, so I know I have to act fast , but I've been acting fast for a few weeks trying to resolve this problem but they are still there , just when I think they are gone for good, they come back with vengeance.

Peace and Love 💫

Cant identify pest infestation   ak47 outdoor soil
Cant identify pest infestation   ak47 outdoor soil 2
Cant identify pest infestation   ak47 outdoor soil 3
Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Need more information on the pest. The yellowing could be a separate issue or not. Root aphids often have two or more tail pipes coming out of their back end and the wings are hinged a bit differently. Many soil mites in soil though breaking down nutrients and 90% of them are not bad.

cannabis_cupcake

cannabis_cupcake

Need more information on the pest. The yellowing could be a separate issue or not. Root aphids often have two or more tail pipes coming out of their back end and the wings are hinged a bit differently. Many soil mites in soil though breaking down nutrients and 90% of them are not bad.
They are black and brown and kinda transparent. Living in the top soil, ill get my magnifying glass and try to take high res photo through it....

Homesteader

Homesteader

I didn't see the pictures at first. Let me take a look at them before taking more

cannabis_cupcake

cannabis_cupcake

They are black and brown and kinda transparent. Living in the top soil, ill get my magnifying glass and try to take high res photo through it....
ok that didnt work , laugh out loud but I can see much better through the magnifying glass that they do that 2 little pipe tails coming out of the back of them ! !

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm a big fan of these.
In about 2 weeks time, soil-dwelling flies and critters are knocked back hard.

hillbil

hillbil

Gnatrol or BioLyft immediately and they will be gone. You can fuck with other stuff first, but when you tire of that, these work fast and are the end of your gnat crap forever. Safe

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Looks like root aphids! Id like tomsee better pics of those sticky traps!

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Hello Experts 🧁

I am struggling to identify a pest problem I have with my AK47 (veg state) Soil Outdoor Girls. I have done extensive research and Im still unsure exactly what these flies are, I've uploaded some photos of the yellow sticky paper, back of the leaves and some strange looking thin worms in the water tray, these flies are in the top soil when I shake the pot, they fly everywhere. Neem oil seems to work but im concerned about the larve in the tray that there maybe an infestation in the root system.

I originally thought they were fungus gnats, but think they maybe thrips, the symptoms are from various different infestations so this is why its hard to identify exactly.

I have applied a neem oil / liquid soap / h2o solution and this seems to work for a short while, then they return. Id really appreciate some expert advice on how to permanently get rid of these little fockers. Ive been super careful not to over water them, the top soil is really dry and I only feed from the bottom tray.

I was thinking to remove the plants from the grow medium and replant in a new soil medium to ensure the roots aren't infested, but this can be risky. One or two of the plants are starting to look light yellow in colour and a lil bit sick, so I know I have to act fast , but I've been acting fast for a few weeks trying to resolve this problem but they are still there , just when I think they are gone for good, they come back with vengeance.

Peace and Love 💫
If theyre shiny green its aphids, get rid of those quick they 1000× in a month, they screw like bonobo monkies crossed with rabbits, INFESTATION

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hello Experts 🧁

Peace and Love 💫
Update please sista!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Root aphids are usually white to brown then at some point turn black and get wings. They give live birth...the pics are blury which could be making their bodies appear girthier...dont think she'll be posting an update anytime soon
If theyre shiny green its aphids, get rid of those quick they 1000× in a month, they screw like bonobo monkies crossed with rabbits, INFESTATION

Latest posts

Top Bottom