Cant Kill Cannabis Aphid, (not Ra) Cannabis Aphid. Photo..

• Thread starter The Humanure
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have battled whiteflies that look very similar and are a pain in the ass to eradicate. I used the PIC Coils...lthe anti-mosquito coils that you use for camping and stuff. They smoke for about 5-6 hours and have pyrethins in them that permeate every crevice for hours and kill all bugs, leaving little residue...the remains decomposes quickly and is made from chrysanthemum flowers. Turn off your fans first. Try to kill them off prior to flowering as they can make the buds very sticky, burn lousy, and you end up smoking their little bodies if they die in the buds. FWIW.

Organikz

Organikz

I feel like a rep for spinosad companies but it handled the grain beetle problem I had where everything else fell short. That includes pyrethrin, neem cake, essential oils, sacrificing virgins, and who knows what else. It's too late if your about to harvest but it will help in the future. Buy some sort of spinosad and use twice the recommended dose. For instance if it calls for 4 TBS per gallon go with 8. Use in soil and spray as a foliar.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Why is it to late? I know guys using conscerve SC, I think it breaksdown in 48 hours into inert compounds? I mean 10 days to harvest was considering blasting them again.

Organikz

Organikz

Why is it to late? I know guys using conscerve SC, I think it breaksdown in 48 hours into inert compounds? I mean 10 days to harvest was considering blasting them again.
Spinosad remains active for 5-7 days. It is biodegradable but I would give it 2 weeks to be safe.

Organikz

Organikz

Will it biodegrade after harvest or requires sunlight?
I would prefer the plant digest it. I haven't lab tested it or anything so I dont want to give you info I dont have. That's why I'm about playing it safe

2HI4U

Looks like thrips damage.
I had noticed some of this under the leaves shacking up with the Aphids but didnt know what it was. what do they do? ~ Do you think its possible that these bugs came in due to the fire we had here in Cali? Since we never had them before and their so bad, so many of them. We've even got hella ladybugs this year, usually dont see them. Too bad there wasn't more of them. lol Thanks, Julie

2HI4U

Next year, you need to buy beneficial insects early on in the season. Biocontrol is the best preventative method. I would also try putting your plants in a different location on our land. If you plant them in the same spot year after year it gives pests a chance to establish their permanent “home.” If you mix it up in location, you prevent them from making a permanent home.
No, next year we will start with new fresh soil and when its time to spray we will hit them hard. Enough of the stuff that dont appear to work. Hit em hard and get it over with. ~ Spraying 48 trees isn't a walk in the park by all means. lol Thanks, Julie

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I had noticed some of this under the leaves shacking up with the Aphids but didnt know what it was. what do they do? ~ Do you think its possible that these bugs came in due to the fire we had here in Cali? Since we never had them before and their so bad, so many of them. We've even got hella ladybugs this year, usually dont see them. Too bad there wasn't more of them. lol Thanks, Julie
Less vegetation from fires will draw more bugs to existing vegetation unfortunately.

chemistry

chemistry

Looks like your bugs are immune to the chemicals your using, try to find some thing folks in your area are not using.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Im using big time exterminator because late flower and its "Mechinicial mode" so I guess it cuts them and takes their legs off.

Wither way I took a plant down and machine trimmed and the deal is it looks awesome so the spray spraying saved us. Im told they only suck the life out of the plant and all my nuggs are rock hard.

win/win cutting them down.

best year ever however most hard fight I have had in bug land.

2HI4U

We've been cutting the leaves off that are infested with the bugs before hanging them. What a nightmare!

The Humanure

The Humanure

I have a table top leaf puller. If you got fat buds im told the battle was won.

Top Bottom