Cant Make Up My Mind To What Is Wrong.

• Thread starter Waffles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Waffles

Waffles

Whats good fam? Currently in the process of my first real grow. I grew in my closet and plopped a plant in my back yard prior to these ladies. Anyway, i have some animal cookies, mendo breath, golden cobra, and black lime reserve. I am currently on roughly day 40 of flower. I feel like i am doing pretty good. I water at the temp to the room, check ph, feeding tiger bloom (3tsp), seaweed extract (3 tsp), and cal mag (1/3-1/2 tsp) per gallon. I have not paid any attention to my ppms as was taking baby steps thinking i could add that next grow. This is most likely my problem, i think. Anyway all plants look amazing but the black lime reserve's leaves are turning yellow and some lower ones dying from it. Was thinking nitrogen deficiency only because she is twice the size if not more than the other 3 ladies. I was feeding them all the same due to no visual problems, until now. So hope someone can shoot me their wisdom as i will be very thankful. Also my first post so ello world.
Cant make up my mind to what is wrong
Cant make up my mind to what is wrong 2

Cant make up my mind to what is wrong 3
Cant make up my mind to what is wrong 4
Waffles

Waffles

Just watered one of the plants and fed it as normal other than the only difference being the ph that i used, gh ph up to an ph up (if that matters). Always aim for ph of 6-6.1. Checked my ppm, was 970-980. Just some more info for you lovely farmers to help me with.

Waffles

Waffles

They're probably approaching harvest man
Maybe? From what i see online the black lime reserve takes ~67 days to flower. Animal cookies is 67 days, mendo breath is 60, golden cobra is 58. Why would the black lime reserve be the only one yellowing? Maybe it being the biggest?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yep something is a little off but they get real sensitive coming up towards the finish line. What are your temps? Looks great tho, for real

Waffles

Waffles

Temps in the tent up to about last week were ~67-86, Last two weeks ~72-86.

@mastacheeser, Thank you. Your name looks super familiar.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Nitrogen deficiency! The lack of nitrogen is causing your plant to have very little energy and in turn is causing it to have a hard time taking up phosphorus and other elements, droopy leaves, witch is the purplish leaves mixed with cool night temps that early in bloom. All symptoms. Got to get her green quick.
Took me many years to figure out never cut out bloom nutes entirely until final flush. You say your around day 40 bloom, that's a bad time to have nitrogen deficiency and it will probably cost you on yield. I use 50 50 ratio bloom and veg till the end of stretch and around 60 40 bloom and veg nutes until I cut them off at final flush. They key is keeping your plants as green and vigorous and stress free until final flush to produce the best yields. 90% people run into problems in bloom because they've been reading the old rules to cut out nitrogen and it's bad info! Hope that helps.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Nitrogen deficiency! The lack of nitrogen is causing your plant to have very little energy and in turn is causing it to have a hard time taking up phosphorus and other elements, droopy leaves, witch is the purplish leaves mixed with cool night temps that early in bloom. Got to get her green quick.
Took me many years to figure out never cut out bloom nutes entirely until final flush. You say your around day 40 bloom, that's a bad time to have nitrogen deficiency and it will probably cost you on yield. I use 50 50 ratio bloom and veg till the end of stretch and around 60 40 bloom and veg nutes until I cut them off at final flush. They key is keeping your plants as green and vigorous and stress free until final flush to produce the best yields. 90% people run into problems in bloom because they've been reading the old rules to cut out nitrogen and it's bad info! Hope that helps.
Errrr idk about -N there bud

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Purple stems?
He got a naturally purpling strain, witch is great. Not naturally yellowing.
Oh boy.... this is gonna be fun.... how does phosphorus relate to nitrogen and vise versa?

Did someone ask about runoff? Not just input.

Temp flux and electric conductivity?

Steer[/Q
Oh boy.... this is gonna be fun.... how does phosphorus relate to nitrogen and vise versa?

Did someone ask about runoff? Not just input.

Temp flux and electric conductivity?

Steer[/QUOTE

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

How does nitrogen relate to phosphorus, come on guy. Without nitrogen to make energy for the plant, phosphorus is useless. All them other elements are useless without nitrogen, that's growing 101! There is no vise versa, no nitrogen equals dead plant. The plants is eating it's reserved nitrogen causing it to yellow and he's 40 days in, got several weeks left.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
How does nitrogen relate to phosphorus, come on guy. Without nitrogen to make energy for the plant, phosphorus is useless. All them other elements are useless without nitrogen, that's growing 101! There is no vise versa, no nitrogen equals dead plant.
So nitrogen is all you need.... i learn something new everyday

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Yellowing=nitrogen deficiency, there's no way around it, rather it's run out the drain holes, over feeding entirely it really doesn't matter. Only one element keeps a plant green. A plant won't start turning colors until it becomes stripped of nitrogen, there's ways to manipulate a plants to turn purple or black or red, that's because cannabis leaves are purple underneath the chlorophyll.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yellowing=nitrogen deficiency, there's no way around it, rather it's run out the drain holes, over feeding entirely it really doesn't matter. Only one element keeps a plant green. A plant won't start turning colors until it becomes stripped of nitrogen, there's ways to manipulate a plants to turn purple or black or red, that's because cannabis leaves are purple underneath the chlorophyll.
Definitely keep reading bud

Latest posts

Top Bottom