Can't reach my plants!

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Ok y'all... need your help and advice... as you all know i am growing in a DR120, using a 4 bucket pod ebb and flo from esoteric. There are 5 plants total and they have been in FLOWER for about a week now. They are really bushy and I cant really get to the two in the back without damaging branches of the front plants.

Do i need to unplug the buckets and take them out to prune the plants? I have a total phobia of unplugging the tubes from the buckets- for some reason i am convinced I will not be able to get them back in... Do I really need to prune them? Can I just let them do there thing till harvet or do i need to get them out for for cleaning and inspection?

:rasta:

Thanks!

JB

F

FastForward

Depends if you got the 'detatch-a-pod' version...otherwise I think you have to unplug the hoses :(

Yes you should prune them - all the lower stuff that doesn't get light - prevents mildew and rot, get better/bigger buds up top, less popcorn......just do it :)

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I was afraid you were going to say that... I did not get the detach a pod, but i hear it doesnt really work anyway... THANKS for the quick advice... will wait to see if anyone disagrees with you :) I am sure everyone will agree with you though, probably will try to do it tomorrow.

Anyone with a pod system have any advice or anything in need to know before unplugging the hoses?

rock on

JB

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Got over it and pulled apart couple of the buckets. Was really easy. Hopefully i did not cut off too much...

Then i got stoned and accidently left he pump running for 2 hours... is that bad? Should i be worried?

I figured I put the plants through enough for one day and will trim the other two tomorrow.

Will post some pics after I am done tomorrow.

JB

T

TheNman

While pruning is always good, i've gone without for a whole crop with no adverse effects.
It's good cleanliness, but not a necessity.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
NOW YOU TELL ME!! :)

Seriously though, now that i see how easy it is to unplug the buckets I think pruning will help them with some needed air flow...

J

John Ditchweed

yeah you dont have to prune at all......... the only difference is the tops will get bigger if you do because the plant is worried about flowering the little crap underneath the plant that never amounts to much anyway........... if you can't get it no big deal

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Well- It took two days, and I managed to make a bit of a mess, but I got them all taken apart and trimmed. What I really want now is a room that I can fit an 8-pod into where I can walk around on either side of the pods... I guy can dream...

I may have taken a little too much off of a couple, and maybe not enough on another, but what do you expect from a stoned newbie? Will post some pics in my pic thread later today.

Biggest question for me about trimming is what to do with the big bottom branches that obvioulsy have bud sites and have already grown a lot! I think I am supposed to cut off the most bottom branches but seems like a shame after they have already grown so much...

JB

Top Bottom