Cant seem to identify the problem

• Thread starter AgentBuckwald
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AgentBuckwald

AgentBuckwald

Hi all, this is my first post on here after exhausting my research capabilities. Recently, my larger and smaller outdoor plants alike have shown signs of damage exclusively to the newer, top leaves of the plants. it appears as though something has been gnawing through the leaf stems about a half inch above where they connect to the main stems sometimes even the entire top itself. they tend to cut 95% of the stem and leave the leaf hanging. it has affected every single plant of mine. ive spent hours observing the plants and looking for signs of insect life and found no likely culprit. whats crazy is the speed in which this is occuring. I could leave them unattended for 2 hours or so and come back to more of the sites damaged than before. these plants are otherwise completely healthy with absolutely no other typical sign of insect damage or deficiency. I fear that without a solution, this problem will rapidly ruin my entire crop.

I am out of ideas. Can anyone offer any advice. It would be greatly appreciated

Cant seem to identify the problem
Cant seem to identify the problem 2
Cant seem to identify the problem 3
Cant seem to identify the problem 4
Cant seem to identify the problem 5
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Bug yep. I got the same problem with OD seedlings atm, fuckign flying beetles are covering every inch of my yard right now and there eating everything in sight, one chomped on a brand new seedling killing it took the entire top off..

I have no suggestions other then say fuck outdoor and move indoor before you waste more energy but thats just me.

AgentBuckwald

AgentBuckwald

Bug yep. I got the same problem with OD seedlings atm, fuckign flying beetles are covering every inch of my yard right now and there eating everything in sight, one chomped on a brand new seedling killing it took the entire top off..

I have no suggestions other then say fuck outdoor and move indoor before you waste more energy but thats just me.
[/QUOTE

so you've seen your culprit? what do they look like? I haven't been able to pinpoint a particular insect being the problem as I've observed no particular increase in insect life and for the life of me, havent been able to catch one in the act despite the damage occuring rapidly right under my nose

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
, looks like a fly in fly out pest , grubs leave poo behind On the leaves .

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
so you've seen your culprit? what do they look like? I haven't been able to pinpoint a particular insect being the problem as I've observed no particular increase in insect life and for the life of me, havent been able to catch one in the act despite the damage occuring rapidly right under my nose

I've seen them in michigan, I'm not sure there the same pests your dealing with. But those are bug marks 100%

For me there just small tan flying beetles.. can't miss em there fuckin everywhere atm. think june bugs only 1/10th the size and really TAN/Beige.

AgentBuckwald

AgentBuckwald

, looks like a fly in fly out pest , grubs leave poo behind On the leaves .
thats what im assuming as there is literally no other sign of damage or dung. no slime trails or webbing. and the damage is exclusive to the top 3 inches of the plant. I pray that im only seeing the after affects of a passing grasshopper swarm. this has only been going on for 3 days but maybe all the bites happened the first night and the leaves are just slowly succumbing to the effects of the bites

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
thats what im assuming as there is literally no other sign of damage or dung. no slime trails or webbing. and the damage is exclusive to the top 3 inches of the plant. I pray that im only seeing the after affects of a passing grasshopper swarm. this has only been going on for 3 days but maybe all the bites happened the first night and the leaves are just slowly succumbing to the effects of the bites
go to a camping store buy some mosquito netting a find weave make up a frame and cover it with the net , also use silica it will give the plants a inner defence to help ward off chewing n sucking pest the silica cuts up the mouth parts and stomach of the pest . I use it and it works .

AgentBuckwald

AgentBuckwald

I think i have it solved. pretty sure the damage if from invasive japanese beetles. I cought one in the act and saw another appear soon after. I dont know how i wasnt able to see any of them the previous days but im pretty confident they are the culprit

Top Bottom