Carbon Filter Cover Sleeves

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Are the white covers that come with carbon filters necessary? The only info I can find says they prolong the life of the filters - I'm replacing them all every 12 months anyway - I just need maximum performance in commercial applications.

Thanks for the insight!

orbad

orbad

Mine is pretty dirty, so I'd say they catch a lot of dust. Has to keep the carbon cleaner.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Yup you want to keep them on there if the pours of the Carbon plug with dust & shit then they will stop working, prolongs the life of the carbons

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

They are a pre filter so change them out they are cheap to buy and will make your filter last longer.

mr roboto

mr roboto

it would depend if your pushing air through or pulling?
Pushing -you prob wouldnt need it
Pulling -keep it it will filter the dust

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Is pushing or pulling any different? Ive always pushed through.(had the filter outside my tent.) Is one way better

T

theTinker

I was under the impression that pushing is less efficent due to two things.

Foil pipes usually have small holes so smelly air seeps out of these.

Secondily, pulling is more efficent because it sucks air through the gaps in the air filter like a vaccum, where as if you blow, most of the air hits dead ends and is relying on more and more pressure to force it out.
The radiator in a car is a perfect example. Pulling air through it with your mouth is easy from 1cm away. Blowing air through it is like a brick wall. Thats why fans on cars pull rather than push.

As for the Cover sleeve, defintely use it if pulling air. It collects huge amounts of dust that would block holes in the carbon. If your pushing, you'd almost want a filter on the inside if thats possible (i've never seen it)

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Thanks my filter is f ING huge though ill see if I can manage putting it inside lol

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Pushing your doing it wrong , Pulling your doing something rite...Changing the pre filters should be done every couple runs , I just replaced 15 can 150's that where 2 plus years old they where 3x the weight of a new can 150 and did not do there job any more...JACK

shawnskush

shawnskush

you can just wash those covers in a clothes washer and they come out like new...

Z

Zeddicus

Where can we get a new pre-filter for our carbon filters? I have a Ventech 6" can filter. My wife tossed the pre-filter, believing it was just protective packing. Thanks guys! (:

reloader

reloader

you can just wash those covers in a clothes washer and they come out like new...
That's exactly all you have to do. You should do this about every 3 or 4 months, but the dirtier your cover looks the harder the fans have to work. I just take mine off let it run all night without the filter while I wash and dry it, and put it back on nice and clean the next day.

Top Bottom