Carbon filter fan placement question

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Hey everyone I am getting my tent setup for my auto grow. I have the 4in Vivosun fan and the filter and fan are too long to hang together on the same pole. I’ve thought about a few options but idk if they will work or not:
1. Place the filter outside of the tent and push air through it.
2. Place the filter inside the tent with fan outside the tent and pull the air through the filter
3. Place the filter and fan both on the floor of the tent and duct the air up and out
Any opinions or advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
1 or 2 for sure. Depends on where you’re venting. I’m using method 2 myself. Also, as soon as you’re able, get the ac infinity fan with temp and humidity control, best money I’ve spent so far

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

2. You always want to pull air through the pre-filter. Plus you don't want the air being exhausted to be where the intakes are... doesn't allow good mixing or air flow.

curious618

curious618

2. You always want to pull air through the pre-filter. Plus you don't want the air being exhausted to be where the intakes are... doesn't allow good mixing or air flow.
So my tent is in a small metal garage outside. I don’t have a way to vent the air all the way outside so it gets venter into the shed anyways. There are some small holes near the top of the walls where air can escape. But definitely filter inside tent and fan out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So my tent is in a small metal garage outside. I don’t have a way to vent the air all the way outside so it gets venter into the shed anyways. There are some small holes near the top of the walls where air can escape. But definitely filter inside tent and fan out?
You filter life will be much longer if you pull the air through the pre-filter first

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Just a suggestion...why not place an exhaust hose from your tent and place both your fan and filter on the outside....this will free up your space inside the tent and also help reduce extra heat inside the tent space from a fan running

Whiterunt

Whiterunt

Just a suggestion...why not place an exhaust hose from your tent and place both your fan and filter on the outside....this will free up your space inside the tent and also help reduce extra heat inside the tent space from a fan running
You would only be able to push through the filter that way I believe .

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Myself I have my carbon filter ducted to my intake fan witch are both inside since I’m using little small intake and duct running out but if your using bigger intake I would put intake outside and run duct in to carbon filter

Top Bottom