Carbon filter for passive intake?

• Thread starter derper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
derper

derper

Thinking about using a carbon filter with no fan (passive intake) on the lower part of my tent, as opposed to just the little screen flaps. I want the air coming in to be filtered better.
Do you think the filter will make it too hard for air to flow into the tent if it doesn't have a fan?

2 tents :
4x2
2.5x2.5

I would like to do this to both of them. Mars Hydro TS1000 in smaller one, Mars Hydro SP3000 in the 4x2. AC infinity 4S exhaust fans in both tents.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Unless your exaust is providing exceptional negative pressure it won't be effective.
And why carbon on intake? Are you trying to prevent bugs or smell? If its a bug/dust/pollen thing you can get a duct style filter and skip the carbon.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Yeah i think it would be best to just get a pre filter for your intake duct opposed to a carbon filter.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah thanks. I was looking at some sheets of activated carbon filter material. I'm just gonna buy a bunch of that and Strap a layer or 2 over the end of the duct. That should do the trick.

2 layers of that duck brand stuff over each end of an intake duct is lightproof too.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yeah thanks. I was looking at some sheets of activated carbon filter material. I'm just gonna buy a bunch of that and Strap a layer or 2 over the end of the duct. That should do the trick.
I've done that. It has worked well so far, no problems to report. Home Depot carries them and they are easy to cut to shape when you buy them as the sheets.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just use a dust shroom or filter box. But any filter on a tent intake is gonna suck the walls in pretty good. Always best to go active on the intake if your walls are fabric lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom