Carbon Filter Questions

• Thread starter devo6786
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

devo6786

Hey guys,

Ive built my first grow box and am using CFLs, I might switch over to LED bulbs, but not sure yet.

Its 21"x21"x29" so 1.75ft x 1.75ft x 2.5ft

Ill be growing only 2-3 plants at a time in it.

Last thing I need is a carbon filter/fan. I was looking at the can 705, is that sufficient for my grow space? Im just not sure Ive done by math right.

Smell isn't a HUGE issue, the box is in my guest bedroom, but Id like guests to be able to come over and not smell anything.

Other recommendations? Ideas?

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

http://canfilters.com/resources/calculators
Give this a shot, maybe it'll put your mind at ease.
I usually follow the rule "when shopping filters, get the next size up if you can"
That being said, If you don't mind the extra width, Since it's the same price I'd probably go with the Can-Lite 1500 (in the same section as the 705 on the can-fan site). That way you can either hook it up with a regular 4" axial to exhaust or get yourself a Can-Fan S400,(Which is what I've got, I even running in the background as I type this) and hook it up to scrub aka recirculate. I'm using the Can S400 on a Durabreeze lite 4x16 carbon filter and haven't had any odor issues (that weren't attributed to my stoned ass forgetting to turn the speed control back where it should be. Sometimes I turn the controller to low so I don't have to blast my grow podcasts to hear em)
Orrrr you could just be a real man and go with the M5 right outta the gate! This beast sucks 3509 cfm from a 20" flange running 1073 watts weighing in at a measly 405 lbs (with the filters included) and not to mention its a steal at only $4,330!
lmao the only problem with that would be that the unit itself is bigger than your grow space, but you'll figure it out :cool: I guarantee your guests wont smell a thing... They probably wont hear a thing either, but oh well :singing:
m5.png

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

You would probably be okay with the 705 in your current setup, but once the grow bug bites, you'll probably start considering an upgrade anyway lol

Sharty1

Sharty1

I got an iPower 4 inch carbon filter for my 48x24x60 tent. I'm 10 days into flower cycle and just starting to see but not smell so I will keep you posted!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I got an iPower 4 inch carbon filter for my 48x24x60 tent. I'm 10 days into flower cycle and just starting to see but not smell so I will keep you posted!
This is what i would recommend for your space op... Phresh is expensive and i power apollo is cheap

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

This is what i would recommend for your space op... Phresh is expensive and i power apollo is cheap
I second the opinion on ipower. Cheap. I've used 2 of them. One worked well for about three months. The second let the stink thru as soon as it was hooked up. Listen to everybody when they suggest something a little more expensive. Research some manufactures sites. They usually have a space calculator that'll help you choose proper fan and filter. Good luck.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I second the opinion on ipower. Cheap. I've used 2 of them. One worked well for about three months. The second let the stink thru as soon as it was hooked up. Listen to everybody when they suggest something a little more expensive. Research some manufactures sites. They usually have a space calculator that'll help you choose proper fan and filter. Good luck.
I get 2 years out of phresh filters

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I get 2 years out of phresh filters
I'd like to compare.... What's your fan, filter size in relation to your total cubic foot? My situation may be a little undersized and I'm seriously considering upsizing. I'm working in approx 195 cubic feet of tents.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'd like to compare.... What's your fan, filter size in relation to your total cubic foot? My situation may be a little undersized and I'm seriously considering upsizing. I'm working in approx 195 cubic feet of tents.
6x18 inch can and 450 cfm fan... Not connected to the hood...5x5x7 tent

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

6x18 inch can and 450 cfm fan... Not connected to the hood...5x5x7 tent
I have exact tent plus a 2x2x4 veg tent connected. Both exhausted thru 165cfm 4" pulling thru a 4x20 phat. The fan is just undersized to the total tent cubic foot. And the filter is oversized. I used what I had on hand. Tent walls draw in. Being undersized, I run the fan balls out considering the filter is slightly larger. Even with the phat I do get a hint of skunk. Do you get any hint of odor at all? Exhaust outside?

Latest posts

Top Bottom