Carbon filters: remove/degrade terps/smell?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

* If you run a carbon filter during mid-ending flower with a carbon filter . Does this effect my overall ending result for the smell for the buds? major difference Is that when I googled the carbon filter mapping or how most people did their carbon filters is I’m running my carbon filter just with a in-line fan and no ducting cause the A/c be the exaust

Can I do that?( that answer would make my day)

* I just want to see from a person who maybe has a more viewpoint /experience in it can tell me if I’m doing this correct . Don’t wanna fuck up my crop over something I could edit or change

Many thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
* If you run a carbon filter during mid-ending flower with a carbon filter . Does this effect my overall ending result for the smell for the buds? major difference Is that when I googled the carbon filter mapping or how most people did their carbon filters is I’m running my carbon filter just with a in-line fan and no ducting cause the A/c be the exaust

Can I do that?( that answer would make my day)

* I just want to see from a person who maybe has a more viewpoint /experience in it can tell me if I’m doing this correct . Don’t wanna fuck up my crop over something I could edit or change

Many thanks !
No, When I changed to a sealed room and started scrubbing the room I observed no difference in smell and quality of my finished product:) hope that helps.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That’s a passive method of odor removal. You shouldn’t see any changes in the flowers themselves. If you used an ozone generator that would be more active and does result in a slight change in the terp molecules.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That’s what I thought , my ocd ass (better safe than sorry lol )

thank you guys ( that’s why I come here for the questions/?’s and smart community to be part of )
your good BH...…… like others have already said all the terpene molecules are already in the air in suspension as odor. Carbon filtering only removes the airborne terps and not the ones still in your flowers.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The filters only remove the odors from the exhaust air (if vented)...it also removes the odors if not vented, just not as efficiently. The idea of the filters is to keep your grow from smelling too much, possibly alerting neighbors/cops/thieves. They only remove the odors from the air and don't affect the plants at all ….anymore than an exhaust fan won't change the flavor of food you are cooking. You have NO worries, as others have also said. You WILL have to change them every now and then, depending on the setup of your growing area as well as the strain...some really smell while others aren't too bad. Indica's seem to smell more than Sativas, FWIW.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Forgot to add, always rely on a close friend or someone that doesn't live in your grow home. Especially if you still grow in hostile waters. When you live in your grow you become snowblind so to speak cause you get used to the odor. So if a pal comes by and they can smell your grow its time to slap o fresh filter on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom