Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Well at least since you will then be a home base business, you can right off all those expeses just like a regualer ol business does, electric, percentage of rent/morgage, gear, fees, permit fees, fines, etc.....

Kickin up 4 grand right out of the chute is pretty steep and another 1500 every other year...wow.....you thought the state rules where silly..just watch now that the different municipalities have been impowered to do what ever they want its goin to get as crazy as Cali is now with different rules in every county state wide..

Tex

R

redearth

Just read Arvada ordinance. The $2500 and $1500 yearly renewal are NOT FOR PRIMARY CAREGIVERS. but established MMC's it seems.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
But they ban MMC's/MIP's didn't they??? so how do they renew anyways?

Tex

M

mile hi 420

Not sold on the idea of signing up yet but maybe at least for my residence to stay compliant and add another layer of protection......Red earth is right....if you read the full doc the bogus fees are just for an MMC that was already in place before the NO MMC RULE was passed. Caregivers and patients are excluded from all the fees and not considered a "for profit business" Like the MMC's are. Getting a city tax license cost a few bucks no big deal. But they have no right to come in my home for some random " emergency" Ever hear the make my day law. If i dont know you and your in my house un invited good luck to ya! And green thumb bill..... maybe arvada is the place to be since they are Pro caregiver patient and anti dispensary? I like that part and dont mind abiding by the rules of amendment 20. It might not be the end of the world to register the place. At least for my primary residence to have another layer of protection.......hmmmmmm

R

redearth

It seems this refers to Pre exsisting MMCs. There are 2 I know of at least in Arvada. Not sure about # of other Optional Grow facilities in Arvada though.

M

mile hi 420

Here is the part that EXCLUDES PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS from the "medical marijuana business" definition.

Medical marijuana business means any endeavor, except as excluded
herefrom, whether or not for profit, and regardless of organizational or ownership
structure, to acquire, possess, cultivate, manufacture, produce, use, sell, distribute, or
dispense medical madjuana. The term includes, but is not necessarily limited to,
medical marijuana centers, medical marijuana-infused products manufacturers, and
optional premises cultivation operations, but excludes patients and primary caregivers
acting in compliance with Article XVIII, § 14 of the Colorado Constitution, applicable
state statutes and regulations, and the provisions of Article III hereof: and excludes
lawfully authorized deliveries of medical marijuana from outside the City in
accordance with state statutes and regulations and § 53-52 hereof.

M

mile hi 420

@ texas kid:Yea and the fact that you can write off normal business expenses is a huge bonus. And if you can only deal with your five patients then on the books it will look like a huge loss (That you can write off) unless your 5 patients are HEAVY smokers and buy lots of meds for full price. HAHA yeaaaa right I still give free herb to my patients because they are broke and need it (mostly popcorn nugs). But couldnt even cover a 1/4 of the electric bill alone with the money from them. So what to do with the rest so you can make it worth all the effort....ummmm shhhhhhhhh dont tell uncle sam

C

canaguy27

So what to do with the rest so you can make it worth all the effort....ummmm shhhhhhhhh dont tell uncle sam

If you are going that route, then it would be foolish to register your grow. It would be foolish period, but to each his own.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

But they have no right to come in my home for some random " emergency" Ever hear the make my day law. If i dont know you and your in my house un invited good luck to ya!

Good luck with that. Once you're in their system, they make the rules and you have to follow them.

No way I would intentionally put myself on the radar right now.

D

Disco Duck

If some type of "caregiver/patient" lobby was formed, I would be willing to show up just to be there when spokesman/lawyers need me. My pressence could be useful because I literally have one of the most serious medical conditions known to medical science. My pressance might shatter some delusions of those who think this is all about stoner's getting weed and real medical patients are almost non-existant. The best part is, I look like a stoner/rockstar... so it has even more impact on those certain I'm just in this for the weed, only to find out that compared to me you are lucky to have cancer:-) Cancer, AIDS, 3rd degree burns... all mild conditions from my perspective.

Probably not very useful, but this "Butterfly Child" would be there for them if they thought it would help.

M

mile hi 420

Thnx for the input green thumb bill and canna guy...everything i say is speculative bush beating. I am just as against registering my grow as you guys.

BUT if you own a home and have a family and want to continue being a caregiver with the new laws being pushed through this is the only legal option and may take some stress out of the whole thing.

I was just being dramatic with the make my day law. I am sure the guys would knock and or call and probably would never have any "emergency" to come in but that part of the ordinance sucks and does not sit well.

And even staying 6 plants total per patient I have always had ummm a large Excess of quality bud after providing my five patients with enough free or really affordable meds to last them the whole 8-10 week cycle. And I dont plan on throwing it away or over medicating myself with it all so yea?

Well I will probably rebuild my grow in the detached garage and have it up to code with a 200 sq ft area for veg and flower. But I will wait to register and see what it looks like in a few rounds. And weigh out the neg and positive of registering the grow. The tax part is the big grey area because they say you cant sell it for a profit to your patients?

D

drfarm

canaguy, gt bill, and tk, you guys are the only ones making sense to me in this climate. Wishing all the best for you guys who are signing your lives up, but its not predictable, or certain, to be for the best, given the recent history, so far.. One thing cg's are forgetting, it seems, and that patients aren't aware of, or dont care, is that since we can no longer provide to MMc's, we are no longer an asset to anyone involved with the regs. CGs have been legislated to "just a problem" status, and mmc's dont want us to exist.i have seen them (mmc) in several , not one, smile and. sometimes, outright laugh while saying,we cant buy private products, or you have to give up patients, etc.... If they believe those small points are saving them, best wishes to that also.

i have really much better things to do than post my address/phone, lunch menu, etc.. on a list that says hey! here is a schedule 1 federal felony nicely organized.
Does anyone know how to officially drop cg status? i, and my household, are just A20 compliant patients now bottom line.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Good question how do we get decargiverized? New word decargiverized... past tense for caregiver... one who cared for others, but now cannot because of our leaders are leaders not representives... who are supposed to be representing we the people, not leading us here and there, back and forth, round and round, look here while wee do this.....SAD

M

mile hi 420

Does anyone know how to officially drop cg status? i, and my household, are just A20 compliant patients now bottom line.[/QUOTE]

Just have your patients send in a change of address or caregiver form and leave the caregiver section blank or with there new caregiver if they want one.

I have decided against registering but I am going to remodel my personal grow to be within the city code since that is reasonable. Then my personal grow will be up to code just in case. But def not registering shit......unless they allowed us to sell the medicine for a profit to other patients and caregivers. But it would be pointless to register if you can not sell your meds legally to anyone. Interested to see how this all turns out over the next few months.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Do a change of caregiver form and don't list anybody as your caregiver and have all your patients do the same.

Tex

Melizzard

Melizzard

Does anyone know how to officially drop cg status? i, and my household, are just A20 compliant patients now bottom line.

But def not registering shit......unless they allowed us to sell the medicine for a profit to other patients and caregivers. But it would be pointless to register if you can not sell your meds legally to anyone. Interested to see how this all turns out over the next few months.[/QUOTE]

Pointless, I guess, except for those who truly love to grow this plant and help sick people. Really? You want to make a "profit" off a cancer patient? I'm all for paying for my meds ... I always do ... But this is the problem ... The fine line between helping sick people with fair pricing or growing just to make a profit.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

All of my patients receive free meds no questions asked and I deliver them too! My patients are actually sick and actually need the meds for legit medical conditions and they are all on fixed income. I would have to be a real piece of garbage to make them choose between paying the bills and having access to mmj. I am sure the MMCs will do the same!

I think the real way to fight the power is just to start setting grows up in every patients home. If I cant have a 8k grow to supply my patients then I suppose I should just have 5 4k grows! I am sure the regulators will love that!:sad0104:

I think the single most absurd thing about this whole medical BS is the religious right that is lobbing against MMJ! I am like are you for real?!?! You GOD is supposedly omnipotent and he made a magical plant and you are letting the police make it illeagle and supporting them!!! JESUS common sense is just not all that common!:mad0233:

M

mile hi 420

But def not registering shit......unless they allowed us to sell the medicine for a profit to other patients and caregivers. But it would be pointless to register if you can not sell your meds legally to anyone. Interested to see how this all turns out over the next few months.

Pointless, I guess, except for those who truly love to grow this plant and help sick people. Really? You want to make a "profit" off a cancer patient? I'm all for paying for my meds ... I always do ... But this is the problem ... The fine line between helping sick people with fair pricing or growing just to make a profit.[/QUOTE]

Melizzard I truly love this and all plants and am helping many sick or hurting people get meds for free or very affordable. I do not grow just to make a profit. Grew for myself, people like my meds and I ended up a caregiver after losing my job. But just like everything else it costs money, takes time, labor, skill and is legally risky to produce quality meds. If you think caregivers should spend thousands of dollars in expenses to produce a crop then give it away for free or just to cover expenses how is that supposed to work out unless they are just loaded with cash and free time?

This takes lots of time, research, determination, trial and error to get it right and have quality strains for an affordable price with a reasonable PROFIT.......Yes I said it.... its a business and there should be a profit for those who can do quality business. The state should allow caregivers to operate a small business just like the dispensary but they can provide more personalized care. Just saying........thats my opinion I am by no means a "cash cropper"

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

just like everything else it costs money, takes time, labor, skill and is legally risky to produce quality meds. If you think caregivers should spend thousands of dollars in expenses to produce a crop then give it away for free or just to cover expenses how is that supposed to work out unless they are just loaded with cash and free time?

This takes lots of time, research, determination, trial and error to get it right and have quality strains for an affordable price with a reasonable PROFIT.......Yes I said it.... its a business and there should be a profit for those who can do quality business. The state should allow caregivers to operate a small business just like the dispensary but they can provide more personalized care.

Word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom